Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 23rd, 2022, 11:28 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: caps's Customs Redux - STAR WARS: Vader, Fetts, Maul

As much as I try to be really restrained with my designs, some designs call for a higher level of power. Such is the case with Darth Vader.

While I could probably reign him in a little by bringing any or all of his life, attack, and, defense values down by 1, I like where he's at right now.

Shoutout to the DFW Star Wars custom group, @Dignan , @R˙chean , and co. whom I believe I took inspiration from on the Force Choke power.
Darth Vader
Utgar

Human
Unique Hero
Sith
Unyielding
Medium 6

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 5
Points 195

FORCE CHOKE
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Darth Vader and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound, and you may roll for Force Choke against that figure again.

ONSLAUGHT 2
After attacking with Darth Vader, if he destroyed a figure with his normal attack, he may move up to 2 spaces and attack again. Darth Vader may continue using Onslaught until he does not destroy a figure.

FORCE LEAP 2
Instead of his normal move, Darth Vader may use Force Leap to move 2 spaces. When counting spaces for Force Leap, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Darth Vader will take leaving engagement attacks when he starts to use Force Leap.
As in other instances, I should probably check to see if Unyielding is a new personality, and if there is an existing personality that fits as well or better.

The intention with Force Choke is that he can continue rolling for it as long as he gets a 14+. I think the wording expresses that clearly enough.

One other tweak I've considered and discarded as too complex (and arguably too powerful and/or unthematic) is allowing him to have the option of using Force Leap instead of regular movement during Onslaught, possibly limiting that to once a turn. Vader always seemed a little slow, plodding, and inevitable to me in the movies, so the idea of him leaping all over the place to mow down squad figures feels a little athematic.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards