Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 3rd, 2022, 01:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Posse - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

Looks like Slashers.
You will not be disappointed in that faction. Fun and nasty.

Cowboys look great. Love what VC did with them.
Old September 3rd, 2022, 01:41 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Looks like Slashers.
You will not be disappointed in that faction. Fun and nasty.
Bingo! Jason and Freddy are going to be the tricky part. I don't want to pay for the minis, so I'll be doing some full-on sculpting, which is not something I have much experience with. No time to learn like the present. I'm also going to be throwing in the Terminator since he fits the horror motif and can choose Chucky or Sam as his charge. I love horror, so if the slashers are as fun as they look, I'm going to have a hard time picking anything else
Old September 3rd, 2022, 01:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
C3G is beginning a transition from its 1.0 version to its 2.0 version. The 1.0 library will remain in place permanently, but in a "legacy state." That said, we're making some big changes in things like terminology and card templates and will be transitioning our library of cards to the new version of the game. The process is probably not going to be short, though, and could likely take months if not a year or two. But work has started in earnest behind the scenes. So something to watch out for.
Ooo, exciting! I can imagine that would be incredibly time-consuming, given the size of the C3G library lol. I'll probably just print out cards as I need them then, and I look forward to the update!
Yeah, sounds good! 1.0 remains completely playable. Definitely an overhaul coming, though (but may be a while).

Just finished drafting up the core rules for 2.0 and its glossary. Lots of work still to do.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 3rd, 2022, 01:51 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Jason is one of the best designs in C3G IMO.
Freddy gets a bit overshadowed but is still solid.
Data from Star Trek makes for a good Michael Myers mod.
Chucky is all sorts of good.
Old September 3rd, 2022, 06:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
C3G is beginning a transition from its 1.0 version to its 2.0 version. The 1.0 library will remain in place permanently, but in a "legacy state." That said, we're making some big changes in things like terminology and card templates and will be transitioning our library of cards to the new version of the game. The process is probably not going to be short, though, and could likely take months if not a year or two. But work has started in earnest behind the scenes. So something to watch out for.
Ah, so no Classic/VC poker-sized cards in the works then.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 3rd, 2022, 06:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have nothing to do with Hasbro or VC, so couldn’t tell ya.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 3rd, 2022, 06:17 PM

I think mathguy still does poker sized VC.
Old September 28th, 2022, 11:25 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Army Painter Speedpaint Test - MacDirk Hoard

After hearing so much about the Army Painter Speedpaints, I knew I had to give them a shot. I was blown away by how easy and fast they were to use. I was able to paint and base 17 miniatures in around five hours, so each miniature was completed in around 18 minutes. Blazing fast compared to the 30-60 minutes it usually takes me!

Unfortunately, things went sideways with the black wash. I found out the Citadel Gloss Black Wash I've been touting as the perfect finish went out of production years ago, and I'm almost out. I tested a different option, and it looks fine going on, but came out grimy, particularly on the skin. But that isn't the Speedpaints fault, and after this test, I highly recommend them. I'll be trying to thin the wash out on the next batch, as the Speedpaint provides all the depth that's needed; I just want the wash to tone down the colors a bit and provide some cohesion to all the colors.

Something to keep in mind is that the models still need a white(or whitish) basecoat. A few normal paints, particularly black, white, and metallics would be very good to buy along with a Speedpaint set, since you can use the black and white to cover up mistakes, and there are no metallic colors in the Speedpaint range.

EDIT: Alistair was painted with traditional paint, he's there for the side-by-side comparison. I think it shows that the Speedpaints look just as good, (in my opinion better), as painting quickly with the normal paints.

(Isamu is the only Ninja I speedpainted, he took a grand total of 2 minutes to finish once basecoated)

Last edited by orgsbane; September 28th, 2022 at 12:16 PM.
Old September 28th, 2022, 11:45 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Army Painter Speedpaint Test - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

I've been loving the Army Painter Speedpaints so far. Did you do any color mixing for these jobs or did you just use the colors as-is?

I've found that roughly one part gravelord gray to one part water makes a pretty good dark wash--if you have the bigger kit with a darker paint that might be better.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 28th, 2022, 12:10 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I've been loving the Army Painter Speedpaints so far. Did you do any color mixing for these jobs or did you just use the colors as-is?

I've found that roughly one part gravelord gray to one part water makes a pretty good dark wash--if you have the bigger kit with a darker paint that might be better.
Thank you for the tip! I'll give that a try next batch as well. I used the paints as is over a pure white base coat. The only color that wasn't the exact shade I wanted was the hair, and that looked good after a second coat of orange. I bought the small paint set, but now I'm wishing I had bought the full set. I'm planning on manipulating the shades with some different base coats for the Mohicans I'll be painting next.

I forgot to mention, Alistair was painted with traditional paint, he's there for the side-by-side comparison. I think it shows that the Speedpaints look just as good, (in my opinion better), as painting quickly with the normal paints.
Old September 28th, 2022, 02:35 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!

These look great! I just started using the Speedpaints as well and really like them. I'll need to pick your brain for some tips at the Ohio tournament next weekend!
Old September 28th, 2022, 02:56 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken515 View Post
These look great! I just started using the Speedpaints as well and really like them. I'll need to pick your brain for some tips at the Ohio tournament next weekend!
For sure, I'm always happy to chat about painting and Heroscape. It's the perfect intersection of my hobbies . Have you posted your painted minis anywhere? I'd love to check them out!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions