Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Do you think the Clock is ticking?
Yes, and I feel dissaster isn't far. 18 45.00%
No, I think everything is well under control. 22 55.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:27 PM

theats has disabled reputation
The Ticking Clock

Hello, Heroscapers.

I have been on leave for a while, much to the relief of my past nemesises(nemisi?). In an effort to make up for my past blunders and blemished record as spamming, religiously intolerant doomsday speaker, I have become a site supporter. If That doesn't clear my name, then oh well.

As per this thread: The Ticking Clock!

It seems to me that in the world today there are certain things that seem to be ticking down the clock to an inevitable end. I will firstly say that this is not to do with the 2012 Completion of the Myan Callender, nor the bible code, nor any other speculative theory.

What I am asking, however, is for you to weigh in on if you think world events are leading to an innevitable dissaster. Apocolyptic scenarios Completely out of the way, what say you?

Globally speaking I say that security in the South East Asian country of N. Korea is on the verge of doing something very soon. I had predicted last year that they were disregarding the UN rulings to avoid weapons development, and the April long range missile test proved it. As many people then went on to say that they had no nuclear capability, they went on to succesfully test a nuclear device last week, registering a 4.7 on the richtor scale. And now, with the mobilization of what appears to be another Taepodong missile to a northern base, and the closing of sea travel on the eastern coast, I think a launch is soon so come.

In the middle east, I feel that tension between the Jewish state of Israel and the surrounding Arab States will lead to a conflict, an unprecedented one, within the next few years. The expansion of jewish settlements into the west bank as well as the demolition of Arab houses within Jerusalem surely is not a step to peace. I feel that violence will soon excalate here.

A few hundred miles away, in the country of Iran, the regime that declared that Israel be whiped off the map continues to develop nuclear technology, though it is only speculation as to what for. their missile technology is increasing in capability as well. Putting a few things together wouldn't take to much to see that this country could Hypothetically vaporize Tel Aviv and with it millions of Jews.

All of these, and many more, lead me to believe that a clock is ticking. Though my own personal belief behind it may be different than yours(my personal belief being the SC), do you all see a political deterioration innevitable?

Theophilus.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Ticking Clock

Well, we WERE safe, but then you came back and the clock started ticking like crazy!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Nuke 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

No, no doomsday scenario coming down the pike. Financial/Economic trouble? You betcha.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old June 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM

Bill Newby knows what's in an order marker Bill Newby knows what's in an order marker

North Korea is in Southeast Asia? Well, you learn something new every day ...
Old June 2nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Pretty sure the clock has been ticking for people for thousands of years. If somethings gonna happen, it's gonna happen. People are stupid, ignorant, greedy, and violent. Humans have been wiping each other out for a long time, it's probably what we do best.

Quote:
North Korea is in Southeast Asia? Well, you learn something new every day ...
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:50 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

Yep, we're doomed as a species.
Hopefully we won't take every other plant and animal with us.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old June 2nd, 2009, 05:27 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

At some point the sun WILL go supernova (or die out entirly) at that point I think Earth (and all life on it) will be toast.

So yes the clock IS ticking.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

American Idol & So you Think you Can Dance are FOX's #1 shows...

Oh yea, I hear the ticking.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weirdscaper View Post
American Idol & So you Think you Can Dance are FOX's #1 shows...

Oh yea, I hear the ticking.
I'm glad someone shares my views here...though I do get roped into watching so you think you can dance somehow. (You have got to admit, that stuff is HARD to do)

Frankly, I don't think we're all doomed. Really, if we can survive the Bubonic Plauge, what can kill us? America may be doomed, but even that I doubt. The experts are already saying the recession has hit its lowest and things are getting better.

I'm a pessimist, but not to that extent.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:05 PM

theats has disabled reputation

Oh jeeze, and I made a 96 on my Us history final. I was getting Korea mixed up with Vietnam. My bad.

So politically, do you not think that a World War could break out within the next few years between an Arab superpower and the West?

Theophilus.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:10 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theats View Post
So politically, do you not think that a World War could break out within the next few years between an Arab superpower and the West?
I think people have forgotten the results of a nuclear attack...
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:30 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theats View Post
I think people have forgotten the results of a nuclear attack...
Retaliation with more nukes?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General