Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Would you still buy if Heroscape had?
Unpainted Miniatures 53 58.89%
Unassembled Miniatures 49 54.44%
Metal Miniatures 33 36.67%
Same sculpt squads 72 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Future of Heroscape - Changes we can live with?

Yeah, there is nothing that same sculpt squads effects as far as game play. It merely takes away from the coolness factor that they aren't different. Myself I would mod them to be different if that were the case but mostly because it would be fun.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:00 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Yeah, there is nothing that same sculpt squads effects as far as game play. It merely takes away from the coolness factor that they aren't different. Myself I would mod them to be different if that were the case but mostly because it would be fun.
I believe he's referring to Stinger Denial, which can have a large effect on gameplay depending on which side of the debate you fall on.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

My only real issue would (probably) be metal figs. I suppose I could live with them, but they wouldn't feel right.

As for same sculpt squads, if it went that route, there is a great option for a skeletal archer

and a skeleton cavalry.

Here are some squad figures for a regular squad.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

I'd go with yes to unassembled and same sculpt squads. I'd voted no for unpainted, but I guess wouldn't mind certain ones unpainted.

Actually, unassembled would be awesome, at least if (edit) different parts fit together, then I could have all kinds of mutants and mods.

ymf
edit: taeblewalker, your images don't show up. (at least for me)
Except for the bottom one of a skele guy.

Last edited by yamissflash; January 23rd, 2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: clarified
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Unpainted - no problem (I assume we'd have some design artwork to use when we paint the figures.

Unassembled - could live with as long as the assembly process is fairly straight forward (like current figures that required assembly)

Metal - prefer not to have metal. I've used metal once in a custom squad and really didn't care for working with it.

Same figure in squads - Like others, could live with this (would take away some of the "coolness"). Also, would it be that different than common heroes?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm afraid I wouldn't be OK with any of these changes. There are plenty of miniatures games out there that already sell as described above, and I've enjoyed most of the ones I've played. It was OK for those games, but any of the above changes to Heroscape miniatures would really be a 'Jumping the Shark' moment, IMO.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not sure you can "jump the shark" after you've already been cancelled.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes to all except metal. Of course, to me its more important than any of this that their Army Cards are well done!
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:48 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Does any manufacturer make painted but un-assembled figures? I'm not talking about just large parts like dragon wings, but the whole figure like heads, torsos, legs, helmets, body armor, etc. (I am picturing Games Workshop Warhammer where everything is on sprues when I think unassembled). I probably would be more likely/willing to assemble figs than paint them, but I am unsure if making painted but unassembled parts for minis is even feasible to be manufactured. If not, unassembled also assumes it is unpainted.

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 24th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Yes to unpainted, if it was absolutely necessary. I think I'd be too lazy to ever paint them--nevermind the fact that I wouldn't like the time it would take to make it look good; my paintjobs would probably come out looking like absolute crap; but I could handle having unpainted new minis along with my originals on the same board.

No to unassembled. Unassembled is what keeps me from playing Hordes. If HS going unassembled was ok with me...then I ought to play Hordes. Alternatively, I'd say *yes* to getting rid of clear plastic "mold-holds" and replacing them with those wire frame ones you have to cut.

No to Metal. They wouldn't jive with the old minis in the same way that unpainted plastic ones could.

Same Figures: Yes. Probably best option if it really does save a whole lot. Different sculpts is cool, but not a necessity for the game.

You want to know what my little dream/theory idea is for how HS could come back? I think HS should be packaged in large boxes with no clear plastic or "window." If you have ever seen the Huge-Expansion sets for D&D minis, I'm talking a box about that size, with color picture designs and title on front, and pictures of the contents on the back, so it would be non-randomized still, but there would be no clear plastic window.

Inside, there would be two very thin plastic mold-placeholders. These things would just barely hold the figures in, not be a deep recess like the old model employed. Each one would hold the contents of roughly one classic booster. Therefore, each box would have the contents of 1.5-2 boosters. They would retail for 21.99; an increase in price, but you'd feel like you're getting proper content due to the increase in figures per box. Waves would be 6 boxes; 2 unique and 4 common, printed in large shipment packages with a 2:1 ratio in favor of the common packs.

the hero packs would vary between having 5 heros and several unique squads, or 8-10 heroes, or--because of the size of the boxes--5 medium heroes and 1 Huge figure, up to and including Jotun size, thereby eliminating the need for large figure expansions, since now we could have 1-2 per wave.

Additional bonus is that the number of different types of squads and heroes get introduced faster, and factions could be filled out for all generals (even Valkrill) in a matter of 3 of these types of waves, perhaps even to the extent of giving it a better conclusion in just that many waves.

I don't know how well it would work, but I know a few things like a steep increase in price (but slight increase in content), no plastic window on packaging, less plastic for the holders, removal of old model large figure expansions, and printing more common packs than unique are all good ideas for savings in HS.
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

No to all. The poll didn't let me do that, though, so I put a yes for "same sculpt squads", just so I could register my "no" for the others.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion