Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 10th, 2022, 06:13 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Giganto (Atlantean Beast)

The Book of Giganto
(Atlantean Beast)

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 37
BIG RESPONSIBILITIES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel HeroClix: Avengers Infinity set.
Its model number and name are G007 / Giganto.

Note: This figure requires 1x Glyph of Horn of Proteus

Character Bio - Godzilla's name Gojira combines the Japanese words gorira (gorilla) and kujira (whale). This is Giganto.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Giganto is a double-spaced figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by isherlock99; February 18th, 2023 at 05:42 AM.
Old October 10th, 2022, 06:18 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Giganto (Atlantean Beast) - Design

NAME = GIGANTO

SPECIES = GIGANTO
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = DOCILE

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 10

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 350

HORN OF PROTEUS
At the start of the game, if a Glyph of Horn of Proteus is not equipped to a figure you control, place a Glyph of Horn of Proteus on the card of a figure you control. This Giganto cannot equip glyphs.

WAKE OF DESTRUCTION
While moving, this Giganto may destroy any destructible object or obstacle that is adjacent and unoccupied; may move through and never takes leaving engagement attacks from figures that are not huge; and does not stop its movement when entering water spaces. After moving, roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure this Giganto moved through.

GIGANTIC IMPACT
When this Giganto is destroyed, before removing it from the battlefield you must choose 3 spaces in a straight line from one of the spaces this Giganto occupies. All figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces, whose bases are not higher than the height of this Giganto, receive one wound. Huge figures are not affected.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by toyhandle; February 10th, 2023 at 06:14 PM.
Old October 10th, 2022, 06:20 PM
Casing the Corners

Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini photos:
Spoiler Alert!

Horn of Proteus:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by toyhandle; February 10th, 2023 at 06:11 PM.
Old October 10th, 2022, 06:25 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So while I was researching both the main Marvel Gigantos awhile back, I figured the best way to differentiate the two is to make the whales Uncommon, since it's just the name of the Atlantean beast, while Giganto the Mole Monster is a specific individual.

An Uncommon Giganto option at 250 would be a sweet price point for Namor as well, like imagine just Namor with 3 of these things for a 1,000 point army.

Okay I've said my piece lol
Old October 10th, 2022, 07:07 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Super excited here!
Old October 11th, 2022, 12:02 AM
Casing the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
So while I was researching both the main Marvel Gigantos awhile back, I figured the best way to differentiate the two is to make the whales Uncommon, since it's just the name of the Atlantean beast, while Giganto the Mole Monster is a specific individual.

An Uncommon Giganto option at 250 would be a sweet price point for Namor as well, like imagine just Namor with 3 of these things for a 1,000 point army.
That would be a cool way to get around the Name/SI rule. There were a couple times where Giganto was referred to as Monstro, but Giganto is more commonly used. And Monstro has been used for a Kraken as well.

I went through every appearance I could find of Giganto (and put every remotely usable piece of art under the Art spoilers), and found two instances of multiple Giganto:

Fantastic Four #3 (2014), showing a herd of Giganto in their natural habitat.
Spoiler Alert!

All-New Invaders #4 (2014), has a flashback image of Namor rescuing the Invaders with at least four Giganto, and three other sea monsters.
Spoiler Alert!

So even though it's not the way we typically see Giganto used, it's a way they can be used, and I'm open to it. I'll have to change the wording so there's only 1 Horn of Proteus per army.

Either way, changed his species from Unknown to Giganto
Old October 11th, 2022, 06:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting design. Doesn't seem like stealing the horn has too much of an upside, because the player controlling Giganto will still get to do the movement, so they can mostly keep Giganto non-adjacent to other figures you control and avoid an enemy horn bearer from using him to attack your own guys.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 11th, 2022, 09:21 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

My notes, as promised:

-You can simplify down a lot by just having the Glyph start on the card of a figure you control. Starting with it on the card of a non-Atlantean King still isn’t going to be beneficial cause they’ll lose it faster.

-I feel like the 4 space restriction on the movement bonding is going to play a little funkier than intended? Once my Namor is engaged, if I want to move Giganto, I’m going to have to Namor aimlessly circle around the enemy just to activate Giganto’s movement.

-I do really wish we didn’t have to introduce a whole new “big thing fall over” power, but I understand why Harder They Fall isn’t perfect in this situation.

-The Heroclix has a blowhole power. It’d be really cool if this one did too. Is that thematic? Having a water-generating ability feels a little overdone for Atlantean types, but it would be really useful for our Namor design.
Old October 11th, 2022, 09:01 PM
Casing the Corners

Good point about it just starting on the card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
-I feel like the 4 space restriction on the movement bonding is going to play a little funkier than intended? Once my Namor is engaged, if I want to move Giganto, I’m going to have to Namor aimlessly circle around the enemy just to activate Giganto’s movement.
Maybe it should be "Instead of moving with the equipped figure, move with Giganto"?

I like Gigantic Impact because his real use is as a massive, clumsy body.

I saw his blowhole attack mentioned in the wikis, and going through the comics, this was the only instance I saw of it.

I had previously thought a blowhole attack would be kind of boring, but your idea of it placing water would be extremely helpful for setting up Water Avenger, on top of Water Strength.

How much hardware would be too much hardware to bring? Especially if its Uncommon?

Here's an updated concept.
Spoiler Alert!

Moving Giganto will be less finicky, and there's a benefit to stealing the glyph if that's something we want.
The Blowhole thing is just an edit of Mystical Tempest, could probably be made more interesting.
Probably arrived at "too much" territory. Changed the name of Awakened from Slumber, but I don't know how to word it so it only places 1 glyph per Giganto-owner, if we decide to make him an Uncommon Hero.
Old October 11th, 2022, 11:56 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You may want to check with someone in the art department to see if all 4 powers will fit on a card. I'm guessing in its current state it will not.
Old October 12th, 2022, 02:47 AM
Casing the Corners

For sure, I would expect 4 powers to be a no-go, and it to come down between the falling power and a blowhole power.

While I do think that the interplay between Giganto placing water tiles to set Namor up for Water Avenger is cool extremely cool, I think playing that up would be more of mechanical interest than trying to capture how these characters interact with each other in the comics.
Old October 12th, 2022, 08:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the instead of moving. Should both parts be on the glyph to make the control feel more consistent?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library