Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 29th, 2017, 02:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Spellbook of Living Nightmare - Breathing

You have "with this figure" twice in the SP.

No major concerns. Giving up an attack to get some LEAs. Some soft synergy with armies that can manage a ton of engagements or that have engagement/movement-triggered powers, but nothing that makes it seem particularly exploitable.

Ragdoll is the first figure that comes to mind to combo with here, just because it's easy to get him in position and then he continues to tie the opponent down after they've run away from the caster. But Ragdoll being good is pretty much Dog Bites Man.
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Oh, yeah... predetermined order.... if you look in the SP, I think you'll find there is one.

~Lazy Orang, making a quick fix, and also fixing the typo dok noticed.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Editing the SP shouldn't happen during Breathing. That's the whole point.
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Editing the SP shouldn't happen during Breathing. That's the whole point.
Damn, sorry, forgot that. Okay, I'll reupdate it, but here's what I'm looking at:

Living Nightmare
Unique Spell
?? Points

Before taking a turn with this figure, you may cast this spell. Each opposing player must move each figure they control without the Fearless personality adjacent to this figure up to 4 spaces. Figures moved by Nightmare must end their movement unengaged, if possible, and are moved in an order determined by the player who cast this spell. After casting Nightmare, this figure may not attack this turn.

Btw, thanks to @dok and @Dysole for looking over it so quickly.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 29th, 2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:19 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
So...

What happens if two opponents want to place a figure on the same space? Diceoff? I was suggesting an order of opponent movement because that could get incredibly hectic in 3+ player games.

~Dysole, clarifying what she meant by specific order
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The wording is confusing me. Maybe put "Fearless figures are not affected by this spell." at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The wording is confusing me. Maybe put "Fearless figures are not affected by this spell." at the end.
That may be better wording, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
What happens if two opponents want to place a figure on the same space? Diceoff? I was suggesting an order of opponent movement because that could get incredibly hectic in 3+ player games.

~Dysole, clarifying what she meant by specific order
That's a good question with no answer in the SP. What I'm suggesting in the latest version is allowing the player who cast the spell to determine the order in which figure is moved, even though it is the controlling players who get to actually move them, and as such it's simply who moves there first. Does make it a little more powerful against Plastic Man, since you can choose to have him move first to negate Plastic Wrap, but I'm okay with that.

EDIT: Just noticed my latest version above was actually outdated and didn't include that change - fixed now. Also fixed the wording for greater clarity with quozl's issue

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just to add to the brainstorm - I had this idea for Moonstar/Mirage over 4 years ago:
Quote:
YOUR GREATEST FEARS
Start the game with 3 Greatest Fear destructible objects on this card. After taking a turn with Mirage, you may place a Greatest Fear destructible object from this card anywhere on the battlefield in clear sight of Mirage.
Quote:
GREATEST FEAR
DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT

PARALYZED BY FEAR
Any figure adjacent to this destructible object must remain adjacent to this destructible object and can only attack this destructible object.

LIFE = 1
DEFENSE = 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 29th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Just to add to the brainstorm - I had this idea for Moonstar/Mirage over 4 years ago:
Quote:
YOUR GREATEST FEARS
Start the game with 3 Greatest Fear destructible objects on this card. After taking a turn with Mirage, you may place a Greatest Fear destructible object from this card anywhere on the battlefield in clear sight of Mirage.
Quote:
GREATEST FEAR
DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT

PARALYZED BY FEAR
Any figure adjacent to this destructible object must remain adjacent to this destructible object and can only attack this destructible object.

LIFE = 1
DEFENSE = 5
That looks really cool and I'd love to see something like it in the game (the whole Greatest Fear DO actually sounds like a great idea - any chance you might design this figure, or that that could work as a Yellow Construct?), but it's not what I'm going for here - I want something that leaves the enemy fleeing and scattering in terror before your eyes. Hell, if you wanted something along those lines could work as a different spell, but I have a fairly clear idea of what I want here.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, I want to move pretty quickly with this once the Breathing Period is up (though the timing is sadly not good for me and I fear I may need to ask someone else to take the initial... perhaps not though, we'll see how it goes, I'll do it if I can), so I'm going to ask generally, especially the CRB (since Dysole has given her thoughts, I'll call @dok and @Soundwarp SG-1 - don't take this the wrong way, but I've never really seen weebaer around, does he actually do anything on the CRB? I'm genuinely confused as to what his role is) to give their thoughts on starting points for the one above (not the SP). I'm pretty flexible here with what this ends up at - no specific ideas, though I'd like to keep it below 50 if possible.

~ Lazy Orang, who, on second thoughts, thinks she probably can handle the initial since it's a spell and they'll be a couple of smaller games - don't think I'll have time for more than two though before entering a brief period of testing inactivity.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2017, 08:09 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Nowhere near 50. Dysole's guess of 25 seems on the safe side, to be honest.
Old May 29th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, so if 25 seems on the conservative side to dok, shall we start testing at say... 20?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library