Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old March 21st, 2010, 02:14 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Brew's DnD Customs

Ok, maybe your right with Grishnak and having him pretty expensive with the four radius. Are you actually playing this adventure party with other orcs?

I suppose my concern would be army construction, a 200 point unit is very pricey to invest in. I still think 200 is too high. Taelord is 180, can fly and gives +1 attack to everybody and his uncle. Dont get me started on that harlot Raelin who gives out +2 defense to anybody who asks for a mere 80 points. Grishnak only helps orcs, which is a total of 3 squads and 4 heroes. Sure multi-bonding is useful, but that just helps him keep with his orc buddies. His attack of three is nothing special and his defense is only good, not excellent.
Anyway, back to army construction, at 200 points he is very pricey to fit into an orc army unless you are playing high point armies. Typically you will have Grimnak or Krug in your orc army depending which one you are building. So with one of those two guys plus grishnak your sitting at a whopping 320 points invested in only two figures.

Again, just my 2 cents worth of observations. I think keeping him at 100 with a radius of 2 for his orc enhancements is just fine.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:11 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

well, you gotta remember, the orc army is cheaper than the Ashigaru even! And /their/ leader is 200 points, and he doesn't even give 'em a bonus. He just moves them.

I think the orcs are cheap enough for a high-cost hero, that's for sure.

Think he'd be worth his points at a defense of 5? That would be 2.5 skulls, that's near the equivalent of 7 regular defense, which is a lot better than any other orc heroes. His defense is already equivalent to 6, I hardly think it needs THAT much more boosting

Maybe an attack of 4, defense of 5.

He's not meant for attacking in our party, so any more attack would be ridiculous, and his defense at 5 would be equivalent to Q9.

And I like a radius of 4, just because it's big. I would go up to 6 if I thought an attack 4, defense 7, 6 range cheerleader was worth as little as 200 points.

to answer your origional question, no. there are no other orcs in our party, but I like to make guys who work well in other armies and not just a 4-man squad.

We could run into situations where we would like some squads with us, which is why Hallas has Knight bonding and Grish has Orc bonding.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:37 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Completely revamped the party, almost everybody has a change or two, so please examine them all! Point cost is determined by their kills so far, not by their sole worth as a unit. As they stack up kills their value will warrant more abilities.

Adrian Shadewalker

Fights for Vydar (True Neutral)
Drow - Toril
Unique Hero
Shadow Mage - Menacer
Remote
Medium 5
Life 5
Move 6
Range 6
Attack 3 – Avg skulls 1.5 (+1.5 adjacent)
Defense 3 – Avg shields 1
295 points - Level 2
Shadow Sword +3
Cloak of Hiding: When Adrian is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Adrian is on a dungeon space, add 2 to your die roll. If Adrian is on a shadow space, add 4 to your die roll. If you roll a 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack. – Avg misses 2:3 (3:5, 1:2)

Grishnakh

Fights for Einar (Lawful Neutral)
Orc – Grut
Unique Hero
Captian - Defender
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4 – Avg skulls 2
Defense 5 – Avg shields (2.5)
15 points - Level 1
Orc Captian: Any orcs with a bonding special ability may bond with Grishnak.
Grut Orc Inspiration: All friendly Orcs from the homeworld Grut within clear sight of Grishnak roll an additional attack die and an additional defense die.
Skull Armor: when rolling defense dice for Grishnak, count skulls instead of shields.

Sir Hallas the Hammerhand

Fights for Ullar (Chaotic Good)
Human – Medieval Earth
Unique Hero
Champion - Menacer
Wild
Medium 5
Life 7
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4 – Avg skulls 2 (3)
Defense 3 – Avg shields 1
135 points
Shocking Blow: When rolling attack dice, Sir Hallas the Hammerhand always adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Tracer

Fights for Aquilla (Lawful Good)
Human – Present Day Earth
Unique Hero
Ninja - Shark
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 4
Move 10
Range 1
Attack 2 – avg skulls 1
Defense 4 – avg shields 1.3
310 points - Level 2
Parkour: Tracer may ignore elevations when moving up no more than 2 levels and down no more than 5 levels. Tracer may move under, but may not stop under, overhangs smaller than his height. Tracer may move through jungle terrain pieces without stopping. Tracer is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
• At the cost of 5 move, at any point possible during his move, Tracer may leap up to 3 spaces from his current position. Tracer may not leap up more than 6 levels or down more than 14 levels. Tracer may leap over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins.
• At the cost of 10 move, Tracer may climb-up one space. Tracer may not climb-up more than 10 levels.
Assassin’s Strike Special Attack: Ra
nge 1. Attack 3.
At any one point during his move, Tracer may use Assassin's Strike Special Attack. Figures cannot roll defense dice against Assassin’s Strike Special Attack. Assassin’s Strike Special Attack cannot be used if the defending figure had clear sight of Tracer at the start of his move. – Avg 1.5 wounds

Last edited by Brewster; March 26th, 2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old August 6th, 2010, 02:03 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Grishnak is my fav! (I have a soft spot for anything orcish!)

Although... you might want to rephrase his bonding so that "any friendly orc", so that your opponents can't use him to attack your own party.

And I still think that even though he's good, Utgar. Just so he fits. But he's yours, and its your decision.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs