Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2007, 11:57 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Weather or not

I was in class today, thinking about heroscape. And I decided that random round-based events could be quite exciting. So I thought, and thought, and thought, and decided that disasters would be hard to figure out how to do. So I thought, and thought, and came up with weather. So here's what I got

At the beginning of each round the leading player rolls the D20:

1-4 Blizzard- Snow is heavy, Ice is slippery, Wind (no flying), Limited Visibility (rules from fog scenario @ hasbro.com/heroscape, clear sight is 2, may use full range but must roll 16+ on D20 to hit), and all figures ending a turn in the water roll D20 on a 10 or lower, they take one wound (freezing cold water will do that to you)

5-8 Fair Weather- everything is normal, light snow, normal ice

9-12 Foggy- Limited Visibility, no flying

13-16 Snowing- heavy snow, slippery ice

17-20 Raining- Sand turns to mud +1 for moving on sand tiles, +1 extra move for all elevation changes down and up (wet ground, slippery), and (this one's kinda extreme, leave it out if you like) at the end of a rainy round roll the D20 if 5 or less there is a flash flood all small or medium figures in the water and not adjacent to a friendly large or huge figure are washed to the nearest shore and take one wound (they can hold on to large and huge figures to anchor them down)

I just thought this would be cool. I tried it out as soon as I got home and it definately mixed the game up. One minute your minion army is in position to fly down from a cliff and destroy the enemy, the next they find they can't fly. Or your samurai archers are about to be destroyed by pursuing Deathstalkers, when a blizzard strikes and the stalkers are stuck in the snow. Or your vipers are ready to strike an exposed Raelin, but they must run the gauntlet below the enemy's snipers. All of a sudden fog descends, the snipers can't see, Raelin can't fly away, and the vipers go to town. Definately some cool stuff

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Adding Weather to your Heroscape Game.
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:56 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Dang It. Oh well, mine goes to eleven, at least in my book. I didn't see any blizzards or flashfloods anywhere.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions