Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 30th, 2022, 09:52 PM

randum is surprisingly tart
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon4201976 View Post
I have to agree. I really think this started off badly but now that they have the cards fixed. The colors fixed
The unit colors were changed? I'd like nothing more than neutral-colored (or reasonable base color for a given unit, like tan Marro, etc.) units rather than army-colored sculpts.
As far ask I know, they darkened some of the green minis and made some of the Ironclad Collective a kind of ivory color. But the main page isn't updated with those yet.
Old October 30th, 2022, 10:00 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Spoiler Alert!

TLDR they toned downed volarak’s lime green and changed revna’s units from orange to bone white. They’re also considering moving some of the dryans over to Ullar which is a dark green.

Last edited by Shurrig; October 30th, 2022 at 11:07 PM.
Old October 30th, 2022, 10:21 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

If they're unable to try again soon, at least the color changes should help win over a few more. I'm not sure if a wash would annoy people who plan to paint the set or not. Putting a wash on the figs and walls could have been a nice tier level upgrade, for those who don't mind the solid colors.
Old October 30th, 2022, 10:24 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry I Didn’t Clarify Better when I said they Fixed colors.
Thanks @Shurrig for posting the Photo for them to see the updated shades of colors and changes.

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old November 1st, 2022, 10:30 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Maybe wishful thinking, but it seems like once the 3K mark was reached the backer rate has gone up a bit. Not at the rate needed, but a noticeable uptick... I think. Maybe? Please?

-insert signature here-
Old November 1st, 2022, 11:07 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Maybe wishful thinking, but it seems like once the 3K mark was reached the backer rate has gone up a bit. Not at the rate needed, but a noticeable uptick... I think. Maybe? Please?
I noticed a slight bit too. Not enough, but noticeable. I think having gotten past the 2,000's hump helped a bit and seeing it closer to the halfway point.

Might be from people switching over from the failed ghost rider Haslab, might be a few purchases from the color change. Might be a few from the London con thing, might be a few people having had two paychecks and be past rent time to be confident to back now, might be seeing a failed Haslab getting people to realize this is probably it.

I've never really followed any of the Haslabs beyond the heroquest and the ghost rider one. Not really sure how often they get end of campaign surges compared to Kickstarter.

I think another thing Heroquest had going for it is that it sort of was a nostalgia collectible reprint. This heroscape set has little bits and nods of nostalgia, but certainly not at the level of Heroquest, and it's a reboot, not a nostalgic reprint of a sort of one and done reprint, not rent thinking about the expansions.

Having this be the starting point of getting the Heroscape game system into retail kind of goes against the whole Haslab feel of getting one shot at a collectible "investment". Some purely Haslab/Hasbro collectors seeing this as a jumping off point to have this in stores probably doesn't scream aftermarket investment to them, and two unpainted minis compared to a huge painted figure doesn't compare for them either.

Just a strange mix of try to get brand new people, toy collectors and/or resellers, old die hard players and long time players back into the game that doesn't seem to be pleasing enough sadly. But maybe with just how different this seems to be compared to other offerings, especially in having it be more of an investment into future expansions lines aspect over a one and done collectible aspect, maybe we will see it go through regardless or something. I don't know.

But it Seems like a lot more behind the scenes designing and work was thrown into this compared to other Haslabs and it'd be sad to just thrown all that away over a million dollars from an over 9 billion dollar company, even if they aren't the best right now. It also seems a little backwards to think that maximizing sales for this will equate to even more outside sales in a retail sense later on, vs. buying it now . I know there's been a lot of people wanting to see smaller packages, but I dunno.

Seems like a lot of counterproductive things in place to me. This hasn't even hit a fifth of what they thought this was possible to hit at 16k backers. I think there's more to this than what's being said about it truly being it's only shot, but I guess we'll see in two weeks. Can the wording in anything said in that regards possibly be misconstrued as this is the one and only shot at getting Age of Annihilation: Vanguard Edition instead of just new Heroscape in general?

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; November 1st, 2022 at 11:40 AM.
Old November 1st, 2022, 12:38 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I think there's more to this than what's being said about it truly being it's only shot, but I guess we'll see in two weeks. Can the wording in anything said in that regards possibly be misconstrued as this is the one and only shot at getting Age of Annihilation: Vanguard Edition instead of just new Heroscape in general?
No, see Encarmine’s statement below from early Oct (unless you think he’s lying…):
“Just to clarify some chatter happening in some social media channels: IF the Haslab campaign fails to fund during the 45 days, there is NOT a plan to produce Heroscape for retail after the Haslab. The relaunch of the game would be cancelled in it’s entirety. People who are saying that we would release Heroscape regardless are incorrect.”
Old November 1st, 2022, 12:46 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I guess the only way we could read into that is where he says "there is NOT a plan." Doesn't mean they can't/won't come up with one.

-insert signature here-
Old November 1st, 2022, 12:51 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
At first, I thought we could all try to predict what day (date) it would be fully backed at 8000. Now it looks like we should all try to predict what the final number of backers (aka pre-orders) will be. *sigh*

I'll start with a prediction of 4,897 total. Whoever is closest (+|-) wins!
Prediction entries end after 2022-11-04.

∞10²¹ @Shurrig
9000 @randum
8500 @caps
8025 @Heirloom
----
6300 @IAmBatman
5700 @Good Pig
5000 @chas
4897 @GaryLASQ
4648 @rym
4250 @Dragon4201976
4100 @Knox
3542 @AMIS
0001 @Hogg
the last contestant on The Price Is Right

3498 for me.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old November 1st, 2022, 12:57 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I think there's more to this than what's being said about it truly being it's only shot, but I guess we'll see in two weeks. Can the wording in anything said in that regards possibly be misconstrued as this is the one and only shot at getting Age of Annihilation: Vanguard Edition instead of just new Heroscape in general?
No, see Encarmine’s statement below from early Oct (unless you think he’s lying…):
“Just to clarify some chatter happening in some social media channels: IF the Haslab campaign fails to fund during the 45 days, there is NOT a plan to produce Heroscape for retail after the Haslab. The relaunch of the game would be cancelled in it’s entirety. People who are saying that we would release Heroscape regardless are incorrect.”
Yeah, I would consider retail to mean any sort of sale, like Hasbro directly or online stores and etc. Can't blame me for trying to think of other ways this could still happen lol.

How about a community wide Livestream web telethon/"fundraiser" on YouTube? Live battle videos, podcast recordings, general figure analysis, crazy sized map building, war council Q/A, new C3V figures reveal and whatnot? The 15th isn't the best day, being a Tuesday, but maybe the 13th? It's an idea that's not a joke anyway lol.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; November 1st, 2022 at 01:25 PM.
Old November 1st, 2022, 01:09 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by garenex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garylasq View Post
at first, i thought we could all try to predict what day (date) it would be fully backed at 8000. Now it looks like we should all try to predict what the final number of backers (aka pre-orders) will be. *sigh*

i'll start with a prediction of 4,897 total. Whoever is closest (+|-) wins!
prediction entries end after 2022-11-04.

∞10²¹ @shurrig
9000 @randum
8500 @caps
8025 @heirloom
----
6300 @iambatman
5700 @good pig
5000 @chas
4897 @garylasq
4648 @rym
4250 @dragon4201976
4100 @knox
3542 @amis
0001 @hogg
the last contestant on the price is right

3498 for me.

Old November 1st, 2022, 01:24 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
still under 50 backers a day, not enough to reach 4000 backers by the time funding is finished

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion