Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Fyorlag Spiders

Yup, and for them, it's a good thing! That 2 attack was a little pathetic. Aquilla's got a very nice core army, now. Fyorlag spiders for a melee screen, MRT's for ranged support, a huge figure (Sujoah) that flies and bonds with the spiders, and the scout synergy to top it all off! Not bad at all...

Fyorlag Spiders x3 120
Sujoah 185
MRT x2 140
Brave Arrow 50

Total 495

Me likeeeee!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; May 26th, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

I posted this in the wave 11 thread, but the hype over the elementals is taking it over.

2-3 squads of spiders with 2-3 Wyverns will make an awsome small to medium army killer. Use the Wyvern to bring a figure back and try to sting it, if that fails bring the spiders up and try to remove an order marker and then attack 3 times. It picks an army apart slowly, but it would be very annoying to fight against.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:45 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wyverns x3 - 300 pts
Spiders x5 - 200 pts

Nice 500 pt army that takes up 21 hexes. That's a nice themed army that could be kinda fun. A bunch of mini-dragons dropping people into pits of spiders.
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I can see the Wyverns largely making Sujoah obselete - not because of their Sting ability, since it activates far less often, but because they can drop figures among the spiders for Entangling Web. Also, they are cheaper, and you can easily afford two of them for about the cost of Sujoah. The dragonfly just seems to die too quickly for his points, much like Zelrig.

Old February 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I can see the Wyverns largely making Sujoah obselete - not because of their Sting ability, since it activates far less often, but because they can drop figures among the spiders for Entangling Web. Also, they are cheaper, and you can easily afford two of them for about the cost of Sujoah. The dragonfly just seems to die too quickly for his points, much like Zelrig.
Well, more obsolete. (I don't see Sujoah as particularly viable now.) An increase in multi-life figures may help the bug out, though.

I do think the ability to move the opponents' figures is a huge deal, though, and the roosters wyverns will do that even more effectively than the chainfighters. And, as you say, dropping a figure to where the spiders can actually get around it is a huge plus for them.
Old February 17th, 2010, 10:07 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm actually thinking of just bringing ONE squad of Spiders and keeping the buggars in the starting zone. I think adding +20 points per Wyvern (or less of you go with more than 2 of them) could be worth the OM versatility.

Old February 17th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I'm actually thinking of just bringing ONE squad of Spiders and keeping the buggars in the starting zone. I think adding +20 points per Wyvern (or less of you go with more than 2 of them) could be worth the OM versatility.
4 Wyverns 400
2 Spiders 80
filler 20

Old February 17th, 2010, 10:14 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
4 Wyverns 400
2 Spiders 80
filler 20
Right, so for just 10 points more per Wyvern, you can move any of them on the board every turn. That's pretty darn good.

Old February 18th, 2010, 12:53 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
4 Wyverns 400
2 Spiders 80
filler 20
Right, so for just 10 points more per Wyvern, you can move any of them on the board every turn. That's pretty darn good.
Oooh. I like that. You guys are definately thinking. Take the un out of uncommon hero with the spiders.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:07 PM

Utgars Servant Woo who?

I don't normally like spiders but with a few squads of these guys could possibly make Q9 and other people with frequent order marker placement defenseless agiast some of your units.

Acts 16:31
And they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved,..."

PM me if you want to know more.
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utgars Servant View Post
I don't normally like spiders but with a few squads of these guys could possibly make Q9 and other people with frequent order marker placement defenseless agiast some of your units.
That's a great thought. In practice I have a hard time keeping them alive against Q9. That 2 defense just gets shredded by the Queeglix Gun and they don't reliably chew up his OMs.

~Aldin, who thinks relearning Spiders is a good idea in advance of the Wyverns

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I like the Wyverns, both on their own and as an addition to Sujoah. They could work well in tandem with the Spiders, but I think they could also work well with split objectives. For example, the Wyvern could engage and occupy a hero, while the Spiders engage and try to take away order markers from squads. That could work well with a Q9, even if the Wyvern can't move him (the same strategy can work with Sujoah, it's just a bigger commitment, points-wise).

Here's an army idea:

Venoc Warlord 120
Wyvern x2 200
Spiders x2 80
Total = 400 points

That could be an interesting core...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units