Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 14th, 2010, 05:50 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

I enjoy the freezing part. Here in Scotland it just rains all winter. I'm originally from the Columbus, IN area.

Jdet is a MacDirk Warrior...
in the Garden of Horror...
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

I think the new bases are better than the old ones. And it's for the cross-compatibility reason - the new-base figures are more usable in other systems.

This is assuming that the new bases don't cause stability problems or ladder issues (it looks and sounds like they don't).

I'm also assuming I won't find the mix of old and new bases in one battle aesthetically jarring. I have no reason to think I will - I think most of the D&D figs so far fit right in and I don't think the bases will change anything.

edit: it's hot here

Last edited by Grim; June 14th, 2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: weather report
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:37 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
I think the new bases are better than the old ones. And it's for the cross-compatibility reason - the new-base figures are more usable in other systems.

This is assuming that the new bases don't cause stability problems or ladder issues (it looks and sounds like they don't).

I'm also assuming I won't find the mix of old and new bases in one battle aesthetically jarring. I have no reason to think I will - I think most of the D&D figs so far fit right in and I don't think the bases will change anything.
That's all well and good, but how's the weather in your region?
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Deleted roughly 30 weather related posts from this thread....... I'm not happy...

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:04 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My last post wasn't even about weather though.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:24 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

I was kinda iffy about buying D2 until I found out about the new bases. I don't like DnDScape as much as Classic, but I do have a game group that also plays DnD, so now we can use the minis for both games! Therefore, I was just as psyched for D2 as I've been for anything else.
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:41 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I find it so tragic that the TDs that banned Marvel are responsible for the new bases via bad karma. Heavy stuff, man; I need to reflect back on the decisions I have made that have negatively impacted this game and our community. I apologize that my role in the banning of Marvel, from certain events, has brought about the smaller bases. I didn't realize we had that much power.

I am sorry Marvel and Heroscape; my mistake.
...did no one else catch on the sarcasm?...lol. ...all of your base are belong to us.
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?
Re: D2 - changes in the base size-if/then

As a "Hopeless Completeist" I thought that I had only one priority, but was quite surprised to find that I also care about consistency, go and figure.

That being said, this is my If/Then statement:
If it(base size change) is good for WotC, Then it(heroScape progression) is good for me.

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)
Old June 15th, 2010, 10:51 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
I was kinda iffy about buying D2 until I found out about the new bases. I don't like DnDScape as much as Classic, but I do have a game group that also plays DnD, so now we can use the minis for both games! Therefore, I was just as psyched for D2 as I've been for anything else.
See? WOTC's move worked!
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:43 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

I just spoke to my FLGS about the base change.
They are happy with the decision and expects to sell more blisters in the future.
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Damn, disappear for a week or two and this happens...... Base changes do not bother me. To be honest it really isn't a big deal at all. It's when game mechanics change that I have an issue. Are we seriously complaining about haveing an extra 2mm of space to hide behind an object? Reading the various threads just has me baffled at how uptight many of the members are. Your game is still alive. So what if it was cost cutting measures. So what if it is cross gaming measures. We now get more balanced figures to love in our game. It's a good thing you can't punch people in the face over the internet.......
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM

lazites is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The bases shouldn't matter to anyone. It's still heroscape! And Like Brewster, I got friends that are into D&D aswell, and such moves are increasing there interest in heroscape!

WOTC is not run by idiots! :P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News