Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 10th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post

Zelrig 185
Redcoats x4 485
Isamu 495
Cultists x5 - 400
Krav Maga Agents - 500

Cultists take out dragon and tie down 10th, while Krav take out 10th.
Old March 11th, 2014, 12:51 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Cultists x5 - 400
Krav Maga Agents - 500
Subtle? Nah. Keys are for folks that don't have sledgehammers.

Kato Katsuro 200
Ashigaru Harqx3 180
Ashigaru Yarix3 120
500/24 (sit a Yari)

This is a brute force that should be able to out-muscle the Cultists and get adjacent to the KMA.

~Aldin, who wanted to offer a Kantono Daishi ninja army but thought it would get overwhelmed by the sheer number of Cultists

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 11th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

DW8000 (130)
Warden X17 (90)
Zettian Infantry x4 (260)
Marcu Eswien

The Ashigaru are vastly outgunned by DW8000, who can just mow them down with impunity. The Zettians can create a wall to protect the heroes. With a minimum number of 8k attacks, I will get 4 attacks per turn. No strategy needed
Old March 11th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

4xQuachat Hunters 400
Kravs 100

Houga bouga.

Old March 22nd, 2014, 06:56 PM

hosj is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
4xQuachat Hunters 400
Kravs 100

Houga bouga.

Braxas 210
4X Phantom Knights 280
Isamu 10

Phantom Knights bypass hunters and kill Krav, Braxas fries hunters. PK can put up a good fight against hunters as long as they don't let them engage too many at once. Isamu is filler.

Old March 25th, 2014, 08:23 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cathar Spearmen (x4) 300
Count Raymond 90
Van Nessing 105
495/18

The Spearmen, although vulnerable to Braxas, will have no trouble with the phantom knights. If Braxas tries to bring down the spearmen, he will have a lot to handle with 16 units to deal with. Van Nessing gives range support, and also gets a +1 to move from Raymond. If Braxas gives the spearmen too much trouble, Van Nessing's double turn double attack can deal with him from a distance while the Spearmen engage him in close quarters. Raymond cleans up.
Old March 25th, 2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Cathar Spearmen (x4) 300
Count Raymond 90
Van Nessing 105
495/18

The Spearmen, although vulnerable to Braxas, will have no trouble with the phantom knights. If Braxas tries to bring down the spearmen, he will have a lot to handle with 16 units to deal with. Van Nessing gives range support, and also gets a +1 to move from Raymond. If Braxas gives the spearmen too much trouble, Van Nessing's double turn double attack can deal with him from a distance while the Spearmen engage him in close quarters. Raymond cleans up.
I seriously doubt that army would beat the earlier one, but here goes with a new one:

Werewolf Lord: 140
Marro Stingers x3 180
Mimring 150
Guilty McCreech 30

Werewolf sits back and tries to jump Van Nessing off a tower or something, or just shoots Raymond with some silver bolts. Stingers fry spearmen from a distance with Mimring for backup. Guilty is filler.

Old March 26th, 2014, 04:51 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I doubt that 9 stingers could get the better of 16 spearmen, and mimring is no good against them either. They don't have to cluster like the roman to get their very good defense of 4.

Whatever :

3x Swog Riders
5x Arrow Gruts
Krug
1x Iron Golem
495/24 (sit an arrow gruts)

The arrow gruts should take care of the Stingers (they outrange them so should get the height, with heigth + swog rider they have equals attack and defense but can also bond with swog rider for more boost, one more attack -huge move of 8 - or tying them down, or bond with krug for two more attacks. Also, there are more of them)
Krug takes on the Werewolf lord easilly
the Iron Golem kill Mimring without sweating

Last edited by Lyrgard; March 26th, 2014 at 04:57 AM.
Old March 26th, 2014, 07:20 AM

DW8000 (130)
Deathcommander MK3 (140)
Zettian Infantry x3 (195)
Marcu
Isamu

Arrow Gruts are useless against DW8000, who can tear through most of your army in no time. The Zettians can engage Krug and the Golem so they cant get to the heroes. The powerful attack of the Deathcommander can crack the shell of the Golem, and the rapid fire should be more than a match for even Krug. As a last resort, Marcu should be able to put a wound or two onto the Golem, if his SA defense proves too much for the 'borgs.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In response to my Cathar army, I think you overestimate the power of Braxas and underestimate the power of the spearmen. With the phantom knights next to useless due Braced Spear, the spearment are free to poke Braxas with 4 attacks of 3 every turn. Sure, they won't all live and it won't be a shutout, but my team should have an advantage over the other team.
Old March 26th, 2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
DW8000 (130)
Deathcommander MK3 (140)
Zettian Infantry x3 (195)
Marcu
Isamu

Arrow Gruts are useless against DW8000, who can tear through most of your army in no time. The Zettians can engage Krug and the Golem so they cant get to the heroes. The powerful attack of the Deathcommander can crack the shell of the Golem, and the rapid fire should be more than a match for even Krug. As a last resort, Marcu should be able to put a wound or two onto the Golem, if his SA defense proves too much for the 'borgs.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In response to my Cathar army, I think you overestimate the power of Braxas and underestimate the power of the spearmen. With the phantom knights next to useless due Braced Spear, the spearment are free to poke Braxas with 4 attacks of 3 every turn. Sure, they won't all live and it won't be a shutout, but my team should have an advantage over the other team.
To keep the ball rolling...

Zaeus 140
Gorrilinatorsx2 180
Nakita Agents: 120
Deadeye Dan: 60

Zaeus's rail gun is a special attack, so he can unload the excess wounds from a dead Zettian Infantry onto one of your heros. Dan's ullar enhanced rifle can also pick them off, as it is a special attack.
Gorrilinators and Nakita's have range and survivability over Zettian infantry.

Old March 28th, 2014, 08:20 AM

Vulcanmech Incendioborgs (180)
Q9 (180)
Deathreavers x3 (120)
Marcu Eswein

The Vulcanmechs and Q9 can bypass both smoke powder and tough, making the squads go down fast. Deathreavers can stop the enemy from advancing toward the heroes, and Marcu can clean up. If at all possible, units will stay away from the heroes to avoid the railgun.
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:24 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Vulcanmech Incendioborgs (180)
Q9 (180)
Deathreavers x3 (120)
Marcu Eswein

The Vulcanmechs and Q9 can bypass both smoke powder and tough, making the squads go down fast. Deathreavers can stop the enemy from advancing toward the heroes, and Marcu can clean up. If at all possible, units will stay away from the heroes to avoid the railgun.
Oh, let's be crafty... Shades of Bleakewood x5

The SoBs can fly over the rats and surely one of them will be able to Soul Devour Q9. You can then use Q9 to take out the Vulcanmechs and Reavers. The Shades should be able to kill Marcu or Soul Devour him too, whichever comes first.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion