Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Super Bogue's Customs: Odds and Ends

As I mentioned in my blog post yesterday, I have 3 D & D Scape waves nearly completed. Just so you know my process: First I search D&D miniatures gallery on WotC sites for figures that I think I would like to make customs of (actually I have saved copies of all the miniatures to my hard drive. I have them sorted by race and type...whatever). Then I look on Auggies site or eBay to see what the figure would cost me to see if it is feasible. For instance, I would really like to do a Dragonborn knight squad but the Dragonborn Defender figure is about $10, Dragonborn Warlord is around $10, and the Paladin of Bahamut is almost $20. I would rather not pay $40 for a custom squad. If the price is reasonable, then I start making the card. Once I am satisfied with that, then I go about purchasing the figure. Last I take some pictures of the figure on blue or red poster board and maybe a few "in action" pics to finish the card and use on the blog post.

Anyway, my first wave, D4 - Vydar's Treachery, will have 2 common squads, 1 uncommon hero, and 12 unique heroes. I have a dragon for Valkrill and Aquilla. There are three other heroes for Valkrill. So feel free to critique, comment, or whatever. I welcome any and all feedback!

D4 - Vydar's Treachery
D5 - Einar's Empire
D6 - Ullar's Revival
D7 - Seekers of the Wellsprings
D8 - Expedition to Haukeland
D9 - Last Strife
Confrontation: Age of Rag'norak
World of Warcraft
Lord of the Rings
Spoiler Alert!

Dungeon Crawlers
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Super Bogue; September 2nd, 2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Revision
Old December 23rd, 2010, 02:12 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Super Bogue's Customs

D4 - Vydar's Treachery

Pack #1 - Lurkers of the Underdark
Hi-res pdf
This is the pack with the 2 common squads and 1 uncommon hero. I posted the squads in my blog yesterday, but here they are for easy reference.

The Crypy Guards
Spoiler Alert!
Lolth's Sting
Spoiler Alert!

Iron Dragon Prowler
Spoiler Alert!
Well what do you guys think about these guys? Good power combinations? Are the Crypt Guards bland? Still not enough to get Sudema out on the battlefield? Should I bump up the price on Lolth's Sting? How about classifying them as Stingers?

Last edited by Super Bogue; July 4th, 2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Revised Lolth's Stings card
Old January 28th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I've seen a couple of your customs pop up in the gallery, and I really like them and want to discuss them. When are you going to share them here?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM

I am putting together a blog post now.
I will have further info here following that post.
I really appreciate the interest. Thanks!

The blogs are done, but the infor is more detailed here. But the blogs have pretty picutes too.

Last edited by Super Bogue; January 29th, 2011 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Update
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:03 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Cross-posted from your blog:

First, know that I haven't tested these guys, so all I've said and all I'm going to say is just based off Theoryscape.

[Changing Shadow Ambush] definitely drops their price down a bit, but I'm still concerned by their potential 5 attack (6 with height) plus Poison Weapons. Maybe if PW was reduced to 16+, instead of a 45% success rate, they'd be getting closer to the price you're looking at. I know that you're using 12 because its what the DwD's PW uses, but these guys feel like they're floating around 55 points the way they're presently statted.

Like I said earlier, I love Pelloth-fodder, so if in the near future I get a chance between work, school and SoV tests, I'll run these guys a few times and see if I can give you some fact-based opinions, instead of just spit-balling in your blog.

Cross-posted from the 3FG:

I really like these guys. The only suggestion I had I mentioned in your blog, and I see that you've already handled it. They seem pretty accurately priced at 40, and I like how Rotting Touch is kept in check by requiring adjacency. As Guards they benefit from Warden 816's Guard Leadership, so for 90 points you can bump their move up to 5-probably worth it, imo. With only 2 members they'll usually suffer in the standard metagame, but in any hero-heavy format they have the potential to thrive.

Old January 30th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Cross-posted from your blog:

First, know that I haven't tested these guys, so all I've said and all I'm going to say is just based off Theoryscape.

[Changing Shadow Ambush] definitely drops their price down a bit, but I'm still concerned by their potential 5 attack (6 with height) plus Poison Weapons. Maybe if PW was reduced to 16+, instead of a 45% success rate, they'd be getting closer to the price you're looking at. I know that you're using 12 because its what the DwD's PW uses, but these guys feel like they're floating around 55 points the way they're presently statted.

Like I said earlier, I love Pelloth-fodder, so if in the near future I get a chance between work, school and SoV tests, I'll run these guys a few times and see if I can give you some fact-based opinions, instead of just spit-balling in your blog.
I have altered Poison Weapons, so now it only affects small and medium figures and increased the 20-die roll from 12 to 16. In my mind of been comparing them to the Blade Gruts who are also 40 points. Since L'sS lacks bonding or any kind of boost, I will justified leaving them at 40. I fear if I bump their cost up them I am ruining their potential to be blown up.
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:17 PM

I think that with those limitations to PW you have gotten them down to about 40. Against squads the Blades will be more of a threat (4 members, plus bonding with heroes that boost them), but against heroes the LSs will be better (big attack after springing out from a shadow, then being exploded for unblockable wounds).

I'm still going to give them a whirl, and I'll let you know how they do.

Old February 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM

More for D4 - Vydar's Treachery

Pack #2 - Heroes of Steam Alley
Hi-res pdf

Gax Bolod'ken, the hobgoblin blademaster
Spoiler Alert!
Regortar, the lizardfolk warlord
Spoiler Alert!
Marcu Esenwein uncursed
Spoiler Alert!
Ferron the leader of the Iron Dragons
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Super Bogue; July 4th, 2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Early update
Old February 6th, 2011, 05:31 PM

So I know this is a little preemptive, but I wanted to post it before I forgot. In my perusing of the Gallery I saw Vlaakith, and I noticed that Dark Ritual doen't specify when she can use it. I assume only on her turn, but as it's presently worded she can do it any time. If it is only on her turn, can she use it for free, or does it cost a move or attack action?

Old February 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
So I know this is a little preemptive, but I wanted to post it before I forgot. In my perusing of the Gallery I saw Vlaakith, and I noticed that Dark Ritual doen't specify when she can use it. I assume only on her turn, but as it's presently worded she can do it any time. If it is only on her turn, can she use it for free, or does it cost a move or attack action?
Good point. I will change that add "after moving and before attacking" to it.
Old February 15th, 2011, 12:38 AM

D4 - Vydar's Treachery

Pack #3 - Heroes of Feldspar Pass
Hi-res pdf

Kalliroth the Githyanki Pirate
Spoiler Alert!
Kalliroth's faithful bodyguard, Bulwark
Spoiler Alert!
Kalnak the Orc Archer
Spoiler Alert!
Astral Giant Wizard, Humphrey
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Super Bogue; July 4th, 2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Adding Marcu
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:41 PM

D4 - Vydar's Treachery

Pack #4 - Heroes of the Lost Paradise
Hi-res pdf

The lich queen Vlaakith
Spoiler Alert!

Lensonar, the drow blademaster
Spoiler Alert!

Zissren, the lizardfolk raider
Spoiler Alert!

Talruth the blue dragon minion
Spoiler Alert!
Once I take the in action pictures of Valkrills dragons and Humphrey, I will get this wave finished up. Until then, feedback please!

Last edited by Super Bogue; July 4th, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: bulleting Talruth's comments

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards