Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 25th, 2011, 06:12 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Well I had the ranger and I must say that the majority of the victory was due to my playing my character correctly.

Ifstream, I'm sure he didn't mean that the way it sounded. Well, "sure" might be overstating it a bit...

Anyway.

We've been playing Summoner Wars with some 'Scape tourney prep mixed in. It's been a fair amount of gaming recently in the 'Scaper family home.
Ifstream is over here right now and told me to check this. It is like he said, we had one Hero card and the result of one of the quests that he had done that stopped us from having to do darkness phases. He got both of those. We both had one re-roll card each but we only had to use one on the last battle. In other words we used enough dice and had enough hits to win with just one set of rolls each. On every battle we both participated and calculated out the odds of getting enough hits to make sure we had plenty of dice. I think in the first battle against the dragon guy we rolled close to 15 dice total.
My very first game of DotR was a win for me too then hell broke loose and now our record for the game is 5 wins 19 loses.

It sounds like the stars aligned perfectly for you guys in the first game. Don't allow the game to fool you into thinking its going to be easy getting wins, Defenders is a tough one.
Old October 25th, 2011, 09:18 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Squeezed in a game of Rune Age... We decided to play the "Rune Wars" scenario. My fiance, Tina (is that better Jim? ) decided to choose the demon race (their name escapes me) and I chose the human race (who I believe are the Waiqar?). Anyhow, the match was a close one and I won by a hair as she had my home realm damaged to 17.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old October 25th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes. It is.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarovichx View Post
It sounds like the stars aligned perfectly for you guys in the first game. Don't allow the game to fool you into thinking its going to be easy getting wins, Defenders is a tough one.
So... Is it "Pandemic" tough?

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:30 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Got in a game of Scape last night. Having a lot of fun playing the Gladiators lately. Crixus is the man!

-insert signature here-
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:43 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
Quote:
If I may add in my two cents... Some games of Pandemic can go south really fast, but I've never seen DotR do that. It certainly can be tough (I've never won in DotR), but it never feels one-sided.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maleki from Mists of Nanaga
Old October 26th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
Quote:
If I may add in my two cents... Some games of Pandemic can go south really fast, but I've never seen DotR do that. It certainly can be tough (I've never won in DotR), but it never feels one-sided.
I agree. I've won DOTR and lost some. I've never played Pandemic, but in playing DOTR, I've never had it go really bad really fast early on, but it can get tough without some nice Special Hero cards to stop Darkness Spreads cards or keeping Generals advancing. Sometimes lands get tained really quick and you have to focus on that, meanwhile you have forces advancing on Monarch City. Or if you don't get enough of the right cards to go against a General with confindence it is tough, and even if you have a lot of the right colored cards to go against the general, you can roll crappy dice.

Great game and I've found that it's winnable but also it can be nasty.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
I can't say, I've never played Pandemic before.
Old October 26th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got in some scape the other night, got to use 21 venoc vipers, I just love rolling the D20

Been Playin Heroes of Graxia - got it in a math trade at GC, it is kinda wonky, but you need at least 10 games I am guessing to really start to figure out some of the better choices to be made.

Lots of Stone age - just love that one

And Lots of Ascension.

Got some Computer gamers to actually play some
Pirates verses Pirates
and
last Night on earth
they loved them both, so hopefully that leads to more gaming for me in the future.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old October 27th, 2011, 06:19 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't say, I've never played Pandemic before.
Pandemic is a cooperative game where everyone works together to cure outbreaking diseases. I don't have a huge basis for comparison re: cooperative games, but it's a pretty hard game. We usually play the easy difficulty and only win about 66% of the time. I'm relatively certain the hardest setting is impossible.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old October 27th, 2011, 07:16 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

My 5-year-old just discovered Battleball. I taught him to play on Sunday, and we've played it every day since! Last night he took me in a pair of games, fair and square with no coaching from ol' Dad.
If ever a game cried out for re-issue and customizing, it's Battleball. I wonder why it was never done. (The rules themselves hint at expansions, although really all you need is different team characteristics.)

Not one step backwards!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games