Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Got to play Dominant Species last night... fantastic!

-insert signature here-
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:43 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got in a few great games over the past three of four nights. Nodwick x1, Guillotine x1, Battlestar Galactica x2 (was a sorry human both times), Castle Ravenloft x4 (we really need to finish that so we can move on to WoA and LoD), Heroscape x3 and Resident Evil x4 (including Outbreak and Alliance, three of which I won, all mansion-mode).

It's like our gaming group spontaneously decided to have a couple extra game nights this week!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Got in a few games with JUSTchris today.

Star Wars Minis - The Wookies defeated Boba Fett and his companions.

A Few Acres of Snow - The French defeated the British and conquered the North East part of the US. Native American raids proved crucial in the victory.

Dungeoneer - The Paladin was able to finish his quests before the Necromancer.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old October 24th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
I haven't posted on here for a long time. I just don't really have time to keep up on it any more. If anyone responds to this I won't see it unless you send me a PM. I just wanted to post todays game though. I played Defenders of the Realm for the first time today with Ifstream and we won! I remember people posting on here about how much of a hard time they had winning this game. Well I had the ranger and I must say that the majority of the victory was due to my playing my character correctly. Nearly every turn I ended on a green space to get an extra action and I was almost always attacking things one space away from me. We only had to draw darkness cards once in the late war due to saving up those cards that allowed us to skip that phase, also because we went straight into the next battle as quickly as we could. In every boss battle we made sure that we had really good chances of being able to beat them in one combat only. Only the last one even required any rerolls. I look forward to playing it again with other heroes
This doesn't sound right to me. I believe there is only one special card that allows you to not draw any darkness spreads cards for your turn. But once this card is used its removed from game and you'll have no way of getting it back.

Also all boss(General) battles requires rolls, I don't see how you only had to roll dice against 1 boss of the 4. You've should of had to roll dice against all Generals...weird. General battles are never automatic wins and ALWAYS require dice to be rolled even if your party has 20 dice to use against them.
Old October 24th, 2011, 01:22 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarovichx View Post
Quote:
I haven't posted on here for a long time. I just don't really have time to keep up on it any more. If anyone responds to this I won't see it unless you send me a PM. I just wanted to post todays game though. I played Defenders of the Realm for the first time today with Ifstream and we won! I remember people posting on here about how much of a hard time they had winning this game. Well I had the ranger and I must say that the majority of the victory was due to my playing my character correctly. Nearly every turn I ended on a green space to get an extra action and I was almost always attacking things one space away from me. We only had to draw darkness cards once in the late war due to saving up those cards that allowed us to skip that phase, also because we went straight into the next battle as quickly as we could. In every boss battle we made sure that we had really good chances of being able to beat them in one combat only. Only the last one even required any rerolls. I look forward to playing it again with other heroes
This doesn't sound right to me. I believe there is only one special card that allows you to not draw any darkness spreads cards for your turn. But once this card is used its removed from game and you'll have no way of getting it back.

Also all boss(General) battles requires rolls, I don't see how you only had to roll dice against 1 boss of the 4. You've should of had to roll dice against all Generals...weird. General battles are never automatic wins and ALWAYS require dice to be rolled even if your party has 20 dice to use against them.

I was wondering the same things.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old October 24th, 2011, 02:28 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dragonspire and a LotR LCG expansion just came in the mail today, so hopefully I can play them sometime this week.

This weekend I played Invasion from Outer Space, My Game, Dungeoneer, Galaxy Trucker.

I also got Ronan the Wild painted
Old October 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I caught my one mistake from reading his post, he said only 1 boss required any rerolls.
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM

ifstream Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I caught my one mistake from reading his post, he said only 1 boss required any rerolls.
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:23 PM

ifstream Woo who?

To answer we played the game I think pretty well… I disagree with lafleurhero that he did more than I did I think it was a very good team effort. Second, I had both a special card and a quest card that said I did not have to draw the darkness cards.
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Well I had the ranger and I must say that the majority of the victory was due to my playing my character correctly.

Ifstream, I'm sure he didn't mean that the way it sounded. Well, "sure" might be overstating it a bit...

Anyway.

We've been playing Summoner Wars with some 'Scape tourney prep mixed in. It's been a fair amount of gaming recently in the 'Scaper family home.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:11 PM

ifstream Woo who?

This weekend got in 1 X Summoner Wars, got lucky and won that game against john. The other game was 1 X Defenders of the Realm, we both won the game. Summoner Master set is a very good buy.
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:08 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got some Rune Age, Quarriors, Blood Bowl: Team manager, and Dungeon Run plays this past weekend. Fun times.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games