Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 11th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
The Battle of Capt. John Varan

Yesterday I got to play Varan. The battle report can be read here. Overall, I like how he can shoot, shoot, shoot like crazy. It can really be useful during clean-up, if he's got like 2 or 3 hits on him. You just hammer out whatever your opponent is still using, and hopefull not worry too much about a stray bullet.

Fun, not the most powerful, but fun.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 4th, 2011, 03:38 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Capt. John Varan

How does the clarification that C.JV takes all wounds when using Purple Heart fit with Grungebob's ruling here? What I got from Grungebob's response is that as soon as a figure takes it's last (or only) wound, it's destroyed. So, from first glance at the power I assumed that Varan would only take as many wounds as the original target could take before destruction. The closest power in official Scape I can think of that has a similar problem would be Thanos' "Rejected by Death;" does anyone here play it that he comes back to life with even the excess wound markers from the last attack against him still on his card (not like it matters either way, because they're removed, but it bears some resemblance)? I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.

ETA: Before anyone mentions the wording of Sacred Band Defy Death or Stealth Armor indicating that one-life figures can receive multiple wounds, here is R˙chean's clarification of why that wording was used:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
The reason the Microcrop cards is worded that way is to make it clear that stealth armor is only rolled one time regardless of how many wounds could possibly be inflicted.

In other words, if it simply said "when a microcorp agent receives a wound," then the question of the remaining wounds would come up. Do they roll StealthArmor for the wounds over and above the killing wound?

It was to try to make it clear that regardless of how many wounds could be potentially inflicted, a successful Stealth Armor would ignore all of them.

Conversely the card could not simply say ignore the attack, because then the question would be since the attack is ignored does the attacker get it back.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; October 4th, 2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old October 4th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
How does the clarification that C.JV takes all wounds when using Purple Heart fit with Grungebob's ruling here? What I got from Grungebob's response is that as soon as a figure takes it's last (or only) wound, it's destroyed. So, from first glance at the power I assumed that Varan would only take as many wounds as the original target could take before destruction. The closest power in official Scape I can think of that has a similar problem would be Thanos' "Rejected by Death;" does anyone here play it that he comes back to life with even the excess wound markers from the last attack against him still on his card (not like it matters either way, because they're removed, but it bears some resemblance)? I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.

ETA: Before anyone mentions the wording of Sacred Band Defy Death or Stealth Armor indicating that one-life figures can receive multiple wounds, here is R˙chean's clarification of why that wording was used:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
The reason the Microcrop cards is worded that way is to make it clear that stealth armor is only rolled one time regardless of how many wounds could possibly be inflicted.

In other words, if it simply said "when a microcorp agent receives a wound," then the question of the remaining wounds would come up. Do they roll StealthArmor for the wounds over and above the killing wound?

It was to try to make it clear that regardless of how many wounds could be potentially inflicted, a successful Stealth Armor would ignore all of them.

Conversely the card could not simply say ignore the attack, because then the question would be since the attack is ignored does the attacker get it back.
While it is, of course, foolish on multiple levels to dare to contradict either GB or Ry, in this case they seem to be contradicting each other. That is, if GB is right and only the first wound counts for a squaddie, then Ry's point about how "the question of the remaining wounds would come up" doesn't make sense. Contrariwise, if Ry is right and the wording needs to be clear about what happens to extra wounds for Microcorps agents who all have only one life, then GB's assertion that there can be no extra wounds becomes problematic. Unless I'm somehow misunderstanding one (or both) of their points.

While extremely cautiously noting that I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Rules Team, I can at least quote the rulebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotM Rulebook, page 12
For each unblocked skull (hit) the Attacker rolled, one Wound Marker must be placed on the Defender's Army Card.
And there I think I must leave it to allow you draw your own conclusions, unless a member of our esteemed Rules Team wishes to weigh in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 5th, 2011, 01:28 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
While it is, of course, foolish on multiple levels to dare to contradict either GB or Ry, in this case they seem to be contradicting each other. That is, if GB is right and only the first wound counts for a squaddie, then Ry's point about how "the question of the remaining wounds would come up" doesn't make sense. Contrariwise, if Ry is right and the wording needs to be clear about what happens to extra wounds for Microcorps agents who all have only one life, then GB's assertion that there can be no extra wounds becomes problematic. Unless I'm somehow misunderstanding one (or both) of their points.

While extremely cautiously noting that I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Rules Team, I can at least quote the rulebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotM Rulebook, page 12
For each unblocked skull (hit) the Attacker rolled, one Wound Marker must be placed on the Defender's Army Card.
And there I think I must leave it to allow you draw your own conclusions, unless a member of our esteemed Rules Team wishes to weigh in.
They weren't actually contradicting each other; Ry was clarifying why that wording was used on the Stealth Suit power, tying it in with Grungebob's original response to the question. The answer was that they didn't want people to say that the first wound was ignored, and now you had to reroll Stealth Suit for each of the remaining possible wounds, until the Microcorps was destroyed or all wounds were ignored. Not sure that it matters a great deal, just was curious if it had been brought up. At the most, it would probably require another sentence to clarify. It's unfortunate, but I doubt any Rules Team member will chime in to clarify the wording of a custom unit interacting with official rules; it's less likely now that we don't even really have a Rules Team, as R˙chean has mentioned.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SotM Rulebook, page 12, right below yours
Life:When a figure has as many Wound Markers as the Life number on its Army Card, it is destroyed. (A figure with only one Life is destroyed by only one wound.)

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; October 5th, 2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:25 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Has anyone tried using Varan to protect a wounded Highland Fury champion from dying? I really want to try that with my "stash Eldgrim in the starting zone and overextend" army as a way of making sure he doesn't die to range fire.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Clever idea!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is brilliant KC. MacDirks x5, Captain John, and Eldgrim at 510 points is a bit scary. I am hoping that build shows up at our next tourney(hint,hint ZB). Great build with an amazing custom. kudos

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:47 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That is brilliant KC. MacDirks x5, Captain John, and Eldgrim at 510 points is a bit scary. I am hoping that build shows up at our next tourney(hint,hint ZB). Great build with an amazing custom. kudos
If I owned 5 squads of MacDirks, that would be cool. But I only own 3

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm sure you could come up with 160 points of ranged support to help that army out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2011, 12:51 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm sure you could come up with 160 points of ranged support to help that army out.
My thoughts exactly.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Alistair & Marro Warriors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I would throw in Sotm Raelin to protect the MacDirks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs