Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 20th, 2010, 11:57 PM

gr8johnson is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What am I missing from this lot

I think I might have screwed up. I picked this lot up from that auction sight. I really did not think I would win the auction but here I am. I realize now that this set is not even close to complete. I have a very kind soul willing to help me out with the character cards. Thanks again (you know who you are). Now i see that a few more things are missing but I am not sure what I will need to play the game with my boys. I just want to be sure I have enough to actually play. If we like it we can buy the rest of the things we need. It doesn't help that I am not sure what each thing does. I would appreciate if some of you experienced players could look at this and give some opinions. I found some stuff on eBay like markers and terrain pieces. Thanks for any help. Me and my sons are looking forward to playing this game.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Old December 21st, 2010, 12:06 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What am I missing from this lot

So you got:

Heroes:
Grimnak
Mimring
Sgt Drake Alexander (110 points)
Ne Gok Sa
Finn
Thorgrim

Complete squads:
Izumi Samurai
Tarn Viking Warriors

Incomplete squads:
Airborne Elite (2 of 4)
Marro Warriors (3 of 4)
Krav Maga Agents (2 of 3)
Zettian Guards (1 of 2)

It's a bit light on the terrain as well. You'll need Order Markers, Wound Markers and Dice. nyys mentioned that the third starter set is on sale at Amazon for $15. That would have all three of those. The primary complaint about the third starter set is that it doesn't have enough terrain, but you're going to have extra to augment that. You can look up the units you got in the books of heroscape index.

~Aldin, welcoming you to the addiction

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 21st, 2010, 01:14 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8johnson View Post
I realize now that this set is not even close to complete. I have a very kind soul willing to help me out with the character cards. Thanks again (you know who you are). Now i see that a few more things are missing but I am not sure what I will need to play the game with my boys. I just want to be sure I have enough to actually play.
I'm sure that kind soul can also help you out with some of what's missing. You'll just have to be patient.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:57 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to Heroscape.

This is basically the content of 1 complete Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set (1):

30 Painted Figures and 16 army cards, I'll be using this format (original count in set/what's in the picture) in italics.

- Mimring (1/1.5, one figure without wings)
- Grimnak (1/2)
- Deathwalker 9000 (1/2)
- Agent Carr (1/2)
- Finn the Viking Champion (1/2)
- Ne-Gok-Sa (1/2)
- Raelin Kyrie Warrior (1/2)
- Sgt. Drake Alexander (1/2)
- Syvarris (1/2)
- Thorgrim the Viking Champion (1/1)
- Airborne Elite (4/5)
- Izumi Samurai (3/5)
- Krav Maga Agents (3/4)
- Marro Warriors (4/6)
- Tarn Viking Warriors (4/7)
- Zettian Guards (2/4)

As far as figures are concerned, you got a complete set plus some loose figures. But none of the cards. And since there are no common squads or figures in RotV, it isn't important to try to complete the loose figures... although, it's not difficult to do so.

Tiles
6 Grass Tiles (24 Hex)
5 Grass Tiles (7 Hex)
5 Grass Tiles (3 Hex)
5 Grass Tiles (2 Hex)
16 Grass Tiles (1 Hex)
2 Rock Tiles (24 Hex)
3 Rock Tiles (7 Hex)
3 Rock Tiles (3 Hex)
3 Rock Tiles (2 Hex)
6 Rock Tiles (1 Hex)
2 Sand Tiles (7 Hex)
2 Sand Tiles (3 Hex)
2 Sand Tiles (2 Hex)
4 Sand Tiles (1 Hex)
21 Water Tiles (1 Hex)

For obvious reasons, I couldn't count the tiles. You'll have to count them yourself to know what's missing.

Miscellaneous
2 Ruins (Large and Small) (couldn't see either)
10 Glyphs (counted only 7)
24 Wound Markers (don't see any)
1 Round Marker (don't see it)
1 Grenade Marker (don't see it)
16 Order Markers (saw 13, if you have 3x of 1-3 and X, it's enough for 3 persons)
10 Blue Shield Dice (1st edition) (counted 7)
10 Red Skull Dice (1st edition) (counted 7)
12 White Combat Dice (2nd edition) (don't see it)
1 Black 20-Sided Die (1 red 20 sided die)
Rulebook

Basing on the water tiles and combat dice I see, you actually have 1 set 1st Edition and 1 set 2nd Edition. And it seems that with the exception of glyphs, ruins and Blue & Red dice, your 1st Edition is basically complete. In that regards, you are very good to go.

For the missing pieces...
cards - you mentioned someone will fill that up.
attack dice - you can get them on on-line stores such as Auggies or Miniature Markets. Both are site sponsors and sell by pieces or individual figures/squads. If you wanted to use the Blue and Red dice, there are cheap sets available on eBay.
Grenade/Round/Wound Markers - also available on the on-line stores mentioned. Get the ones from RotV as the other Master Sets may not have the Grenade and/or Round Markers... although, you can easily substitute them.
glyphs - they are not mandatory, you can actually play with what you already have. But like the others, also available on the on-line stores mentioned.
ruins - Like the others, also available on the on-line stores mentioned.

To know what glyphs you are missing, check this link... Glyphs.

And finally, for cards, attack dice, markers, glyphs and ruins, I suggest don't buy them, I'm sure there are people here who would be willing to part with there extras.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by screwDriver; December 21st, 2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:13 AM

Yes I will be patient kind sir. But just wondering about some stuff. Thanks.
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:16 AM

And thank all of you too
Old December 21st, 2010, 02:00 PM

You guys are great thanks for the help.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM

Gypsy has disabled reputation

How is this project going?

I found;

10 glyphs.

In sealed packages;

12 combat dice w/ black D20
set of gray order markers
wound markers, grenade marker, etc.
2nd edition RotV rules set

somewhere I have a couple of sets of figures in the trays, I'm still lookin' for those.

How about a progress report, so I can figure out what else I need to look for.

"Finally, a New Exit from the Underdark..."
Old December 23rd, 2010, 03:46 PM

I have not yet received the
Old December 23rd, 2010, 03:48 PM

I have not yet received the RotV set from eBay. I did purchase the D&D set from amazon for $15 shipped. This should get me some stuff I need but as of now it is hard to say. I very much appreciate all the help. Very much thanks.
Old December 24th, 2010, 11:53 AM

glacierking is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

here is a link to the heroscape official website here.

I gave you the wrong page. you may have to do some searching for it. It is aslso a convenient reference to find out what you are missing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion