Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Agent Minivann's Work(s) in Progress

This is something that started a long time ago. I had 5 masters sets and decided to start some plastic surgery on the figures. Here are some of the results. Sorry for the picture quality (crappy camera phone).

Agent Carr with the Sword of Reckoning in his right hand and a shield in his left. Close inspection would reveal that he has a left hand on his right arm and no hand on his left arm. I haven't really thought about a custom card for him yet.

Krav Maga Agent going old school with bow and arrow. Syvarris' hands on this one. I trimmed up the bow a bit to make it look less ornate. I shaved the quiver of arrows off of Grimnack and put it on her back. I like this one a lot. Again, haven't really thought of a card.

Krav Maga Agent with a katana. Just the KMA with an Izumi Samurai sword. I have a possible concept for a card. Some sort of Yakuza assassin.

The bottom of a Zettian guard, the groin of DW9K, the missile pod of DW9K, and the two guns from the Zettian guards. I was originally thinking of some sort of stationary gun turret (I just glued the thing to the Zettian guard's legs) with a ranged counterstrike or something like engagement strike when an opponent's figure comes within range. Now I'm thinking of Zettian guard #3. It's a hero with essentially the same stats as the guards. Special abilities would be Zettian Guard Bonding and Zettian Targetting 2 (gets up to 2 extra dice if attacking the same target as the Zettian Guards) Essentially this guy would round the Zettian Guards out to a 3 piece band.

All of them could use some paint to make them look a little less like Frankenstein. The skin color difference on the Krav Maga Yakuza is a little bad. I need to put some red "sensors" on the red-headed Zettian stepchild.

It's not much, but it's a work in progress. If the gap in time from when I started to now is an indication, it will be about 3 years before I finish.
Old April 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Agent Minivann's Work(s) in Progress

I tossed out an idea in the Desert Storm thread that I really need to flesh out. I'm going to post my thoughts on those units here and start fleshing them out. It is essentially a mixed role special ops team. They will be individual common heroes that fill a certain role and are drafted to fill a hodge podge "squad". Each will have a LOS based team bonding. They are common heroes so they will be more "elite" than the Airborne Elite when it comes to certain specials (like Chomp, and Poison Acid Breath), but they will behave, to an extent, like a 3 person squad.

Here's a very rough draft of what I have so far.
The constants:
Human, Spec Ops, Disciplined, Common, Medium 5
Life 1, Move 5, Range 7

Specials
Special Ops Team Bonding
Before taking a turn with (this Spec Opcs team member), you may take a turn with any other Spec Ops figure you control within clear line if sight. You may take a turn with up to 3 Spec Ops figures per order marker. You can not take two turns with the same figure with Spec Ops Team Bonding.

The variables:

Spec Ops Soldier
Attack 3, Defense 3

Flash/Bang 15
Range (as grenade lob special attack)
Spec Ops Soldier starts the game with a grenade marker. Before moving the Spec Ops Soldier may use flash/bang. Remove the grenade marker and roll the d20. On a roll of 15 or higher remove one random order marker from the target figure's army card. Any unit targeted by flash/bang is -1 defense for the remainder of your turn.

Spec Ops Demolitions
Attack 3, Defense 3

C4
Spec Ops Demolitions starts the game with a C4 marker. Instead of attacking Spec Ops Demolitions may remove the C4 marker and plant it on a figure or object. At any time during one of your turns, if Spec Ops Demolitions is still on the board, you may detonate C4 (damage as DW7K self destruct).

Spec Ops Sniper
Attack 2, Defense 2

Sniper Rifle Special Attack
Range 10, Attack 3
Sniper Rifle Special Attack may only be used if Spec Ops Sniper has not moved. The figure being attacked is -1 defense.

Spec Ops Antitank
Attack 3, Defense 3

Antitank Weapon (I'm not sure what the name is for the current personal antitank weapon)
Spec Ops Antitank starts the game with 3 antitank weapon markers. Instead of attacking you may use Antitank Weapon. Remove an an antitank weapon marker. You must have LOS on the target. Roll the d20 (-1 to roll for every 3 spaces away the figure is, rounded down), damage as per DW7K self destruct.

That's what I have for now. I don't have figures for these guys. I'm not sure about the points, maybe 60 each. The main idea is that you could have a mixed squad that operates roughly like a spec ops team would. It could get messy with multiple of the same unit in there. Each Spec Ops Soldier would need his own grenade marker. Maybe have a Spec Ops Soldier 1 card, and the figure has a 1 on it somewhere.
Old April 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

I like the flash bang special attack/ability a lot.

BTW, nice customs (from your January post).

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old April 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Quest Quitter

Thanks. I still don't have a good idea for how the stats would go on the master set guys I chopped up. I'll flesh out the spec ops guys more in the future, but I wanted to get the ideas I had down. I'll stew on what I have, refine what I have and try them out in a few games. I need to find some figure to use as well, but I'm not in any real hurry. Hopefully I can find some cheap commons from some CMG.
Old April 16th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool stuff, there AM. I chopped up some RotV and Marvel figs and made these. Might give you some ideas....but, yeah, all those figs beg to have something done with them...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old April 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Quest Quitter

I like your red Hulk. I want to do a grey and a red one when I get the spare figures. I have another set of figure frankensteins in the works. These ones won't need cards.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:48 AM
Quest Quitter

I went over the Spec Ops "cards" and cleaned them up a bit. I decided to go with Special Air Service to make it less generic. When I get the chance I'll make proper army cards for these guys. I haven't even tried to play them. I'm thinking 60 points each, but I'm just pulling that number out of the air. I don't even have a clue where to look for appropriate figures, so I'll probably just use some AE figures.

Special Air Service Trooper
Human, SAS, Disciplined, Common, Medium 5
Life 1, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 3, Defense 3

SAS Regiment Bonding
Before taking a turn with Special Air Service Trooper, you may take a turn with any other SAS figure you control within clear line if sight. You may take a turn with up to 3 SAS figures per order marker. You can not take two turns with the same figure with SAS Regiment Bonding.

Flash-Bang 15
Range 5 Lob 12
Special Air Service Trooper starts the game with a grenade marker. Before moving the Special Air Service Trooper may use Flash-Bang 15. Remove the grenade marker and roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher remove one random order marker from the target figure's army card. Any unit targeted by Flash-Bang 15 is -1 defense for the remainder of your turn.

Special Air Service Demolitions

SAS Regiment Bonding
Before taking a turn with Special Air Service Demolitions, you may take a turn with any other SAS figure you control within clear line if sight. You may take a turn with up to 3 SAS figures per order marker. You can not take two turns with the same figure with SAS Regiment Bonding.

C4
Special Air Service Demolitions starts the game with a C4 marker. Instead of attacking Special Air Service Demolitions may remove the C4 marker and plant it on a figure or object. At any time during one of your turns, if Special Air Service Demolitions is still on the board, you may detonate C4. To detonate C4, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll 1-3 target and all adjacent figures are safe. If you roll 4-15 the target and all adjacent figures receive 2 wounds. If you roll 16-19, the target and all adjacent figures receive 4 wounds. If you roll 20, the target and all adjacent figures receive 8 wounds.

Special Air Service Sniper
Life 1, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 2, Defense 2

SAS Regiment Bonding
Before taking a turn with Special Air Service Sniper, you may take a turn with any other SAS figure you control within clear line if sight. You may take a turn with up to 3 SAS figures per order marker. You can not take two turns with the same figure with SAS Regiment Bonding.

HK 417 Sniper Rifle Special Attack
Range 10, Attack 3
HK 417 Sniper Rifle Special Attack may only be used if Special Air Service Sniper has not moved. The figure being attacked is -1 defense.

Special Air Service M72 LAW

SAS Regiment Bonding
Before taking a turn with Special Air Service M72 LAW, you may take a turn with any other SAS figure you control within clear line if sight. You may take a turn with up to 3 SAS figures per order marker. You can not take two turns with the same figure with SAS Regiment Bonding.

M72 LAW
Special Air Service M72 LAW starts the game with 3 M72 LAW markers. Instead of attacking you may use M72 LAW. Remove an M72 LAW marker. You must have LOS on the target. Roll the 20 sided die (-1 for every 3 spaces to the target, rounded down), If you roll 1-3 target and all adjacent figures are safe. If you roll 4-15 the target and all adjacent figures receive 2 wounds. If you roll 16-19, the target and all adjacent figures receive 4 wounds. If you roll 20, the target and all adjacent figures receive 8 wounds.
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:24 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
This is something that started a long time ago. I had 5 masters sets and decided to start some plastic surgery on the figures. Here are some of the results. Sorry for the picture quality (crappy camera phone).

Agent Carr with the Sword of Reckoning in his right hand and a shield in his left. Close inspection would reveal that he has a left hand on his right arm and no hand on his left arm. I haven't really thought about a custom card for him yet.

Krav Maga Agent with a katana. Just the KMA with an Izumi Samurai sword. I have a possible concept for a card. Some sort of Yakuza assassin.
I like all the mods but especially these two. The idea of the Yakuza assassin is great. I hope you get a chance to do something with these guys.
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:21 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
This guy totally looks like a Blackjack from Battletech!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Quest Quitter

I just had a thought on the SAS guys. I think I might change it to just the one type, but you have the option of "buying" the upgrade equipment to become the specialty guys. You can buy the C4 marker, or the M72 LAW marker(s) (etc). The equipment would have the special ability/attack worded so that any other special/marker could not be used in the same turn by the same figure. It would probably take putting the markers on the figures themselves, and that could be messy, but I think that it might really get the theme and feel of an SAS unit better than separate cards. Still no idea for figures.
Old June 20th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Quest Quitter

Here's my first repaint. It's a Mimring that I started a long time ago. I spray painted it with some shiny chrome paint. I just the other day filled in some details and then gave it a silver and blue wash. I hit it with a clear coat, but the clear coat killed the shine from the spray job. For the most part I'm happy with it, but there is a big part of me that wants to clean off all the paint (including the original job) and start from scratch.

Here's my first batch of Master Set Zombies. When the zombies kill a master set figure you can replace it with one of these guys. I have more on deck to convert. I only used one zombie figure to get these 4 done. I just need to touch them up with a bit of paint and we're golden.

Here are a couple statues from Thorgrim and Raelin. Raelin lost her head a while ago, so I gave her the Venus de Milo treatment and then sprayed both of them with the stone texture spray paint stuff. I hit them with a coat of clear to protect the finish. The clear didn't mess anything up like it did with the chrome paint, but I kind of want to strip these guys down and paint them marble color. I think it would end up looking better, but I'm not sure if I'll do that.
Old June 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Quote:

Here's my first batch of Master Set Zombies. When the zombies kill a master set figure you can replace it with one of these guys. I have more on deck to convert. I only used one zombie figure to get these 4 done. I just need to touch them up with a bit of paint and we're golden.
Now this is a cool idea. In fact, it's rep-worthy! I'm tempted to do something like this, myself!
Quote:

Here are a couple statues from Thorgrim and Raelin. Raelin lost her head a while ago, so I gave her the Venus de Milo treatment and then sprayed both of them with the stone texture spray paint stuff. I hit them with a coat of clear to protect the finish. The clear didn't mess anything up like it did with the chrome paint, but I kind of want to strip these guys down and paint them marble color. I think it would end up looking better, but I'm not sure if I'll do that.
This isn't bad, either...

Brandon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards