Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 4th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jackal(Public Playtesting)

Sounds good to me. I still personally prefer the roll at 16, but I understand if you want to keep his cost down.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old September 4th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, looks like a solid direction to me as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Alright, then I'll send bsbush the updated version.
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:09 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Definitely suggest some armies to use for him too, please.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 9th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Here are bsbush's results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbush7690
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (JACKAL)

-THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters power should affect them? - Pass, I think it represents the character perfectly.

-MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game? - Pass, drug tipped claws is a nice turn killer

-BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding? - Pass, definitely benefits with the scientist fraction with Mr. Fantastic

-SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak? - Pass, nice defense boost with Invisible Woman, can keep him alive longer to make more clones.

-POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and what are the stipulations on the power if there are any? - Pass, great powers but I would probably make it so you can only clone someone once.

-FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play? - Pass, this can make for some interesting games.

-FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against? - Pass, definitely want to do a clone army.

-DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting? - Pass, I would pick him up very usable any situation.

-USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable? -Pass, cloning is always awesome

-STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game? - Pass, he adds a different cloning twist and should get targeted early.

Army Test 1
-Does it pass? Yes or No? - Pass he does well hanging back and trying to make clones. Not the greatest fighter when he gets engaged. It is definitely a good idea to give him support.
-What should be the unit's point value?255-260
-Give a brief overview: Awesome figure, very unique, has lots of selling points in cloning.
Map:HYDRA Base Gehenna
Units:Jackal 255, Green Goblin 230, Kraven 200, Doctor Octopus 215, Morbius 250, Mysterio 115, Mysterio Holograms 35 vs. Spider-Man 250, Daredevil 180, Black Cat 135, Venom 230, Scarlet Spider (BR) 190, Dagger 105, Cloak 195
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
-Does it pass? Yes or No? - Pass he does well hanging back and trying to make clones. Not the greatest fighter when he gets engaged. It is definitely a good idea to give him support.
-Give a brief overview: With enough support he could be hard to take down.
Map:HYDRA Base Gehenna
Units:Jackal 255, Green Goblin 230, Kraven 200, Doctor Octopus 215, Morbius 250, Mysterio 115, Mysterio Holograms 35 vs. Spider-Man 250, Daredevil 180, Black Cat 135, Venom 230, Scarlet Spider (BR) 190, Dagger 105, Cloak 195
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
-Does it pass? Yes or No? - Pass this time I used other figures to keep him alive longer.
-Give a brief overview: I think he is a solid figure, I really enjoyed testing him. The second test didn’t go as well as I would have liked but you can’t help how you roll. If he gets a couple of clones made then he is definitely worth the points drafting him even if they won’t be around long to praise their creator.
Map: Hydra Base Gehenna
Units: Jackal 255, Invisible Woman 215, Beat Cops x2 130, Sage 190, Lizard 200 990pts. Vs. Spider-Man 250, Scarlet Spider 190, Iron Man Mk 4 250, Sharon Carter 90, Lt Stone 140, Code: Blue Officer 70 990pts.
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 9th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Now moves with Flying.

A bit difficult to read, but the changes did seem to help, but he had some really crappy luck that third game.
Old September 9th, 2014, 01:57 PM

But at the same time, he dominated the first game and won the second game by a handy margin, which tells me even with the loss in the third (which involved a lot of bad luck, as you said), his cost should be trending up.

Old September 9th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
But at the same time, he dominated the first game...
It's a little tough reading the report, but it sounds to me like Jackal had very little influence on the first game. I could be wrong, but it seems like the unit he cloned wasn't even used, meaning his team would have won by such a huge margin even if Jackal wasn't in the army.

I'm not saying his cost shouldn't go up, I just don't think that first game should be used as a reason for his cost to go up.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old September 9th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
But at the same time, he dominated the first game...
It's a little tough reading the report, but it sounds to me like Jackal had very little influence on the first game. I could be wrong, but it seems like the unit he cloned wasn't even used, meaning his team would have won by such a huge margin even if Jackal wasn't in the army.

I'm not saying his cost shouldn't go up, I just don't think that first game should be used as a reason for his cost to go up.
Yeah I agree with Viegon here. Nothing definitive either way yet.
Old September 9th, 2014, 03:26 PM

Definitely not definitive, no, but the arrow's pointing up if it's pointing anywhere, IMO.

Old September 18th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Jackal)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
?Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
?Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
?Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
?Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
?Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
?Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
?Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
?Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
?Pass, though Drug Tipped Claws were never used it is a nice ability to have if he is forced to get his hands dirty.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
?Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 255 or less?.
- Give a brief overview. Team Jackal had no answer for Spidey and She-Hulk.
Map: Island Plane Crash.
Units: Jackal, Punisher, Invisible Woman, Hawkeye(160), Robin(120) & 5th Precinct Beat Cops [995] vs. Spider-Man(250), Iron Man(250), She-Hulk & Luke Cage [1000].
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 255?.
- Give a brief overview. It was looking like an easy victory for Jackal until Lizard Tail Whipped him into the ground.
Units: Jackal, Scarlet Spider(245), Scientist Supreme, Judge Dredd, Scarlet Spider(190) & Oracle [1200] vs.
Captain America(240), Bucky, Ms. Marvel, Atom, Ragdoll, Lizard & Scorpion [1200].

Spoiler Alert!

This guy is difficult to cost. I never used him offensively because it just seems smarter to leave him in the start zone to conduct his Experiments which require no OMs. It would have been interesting to see him in an Insane build but I doubt he lives up to his cost in that setting.

In both battles he had ideal match-ups as far as Clone-ability but they were also very strong builds. This can be a double edged sword as was the case with Ms. Marvel. She was clearly the best option for Cloning out of both teams and he went to the well twice. This forced his opponent to not attack Ms. Marvel so as not to risk her returning a third time.

I think Cellular Regeneration is set up nicely. The super fast healers are not Clone-able. Lizard and Scorpion might be an issue but the fact that they have to burn an attack to heal and that it is random makes it a risky prospect.

I like that his Cloning is done before placing OMs as it prevents the use of Dr. Fate. So I believe Sage is the only one who can boost him at a mere +1 which does not seem worth it in most cases.
One scary combo may be Jackal and Graviton with some defensive figures to protect Jackal. Of course you still have to hit your rolls. Perhaps hitting my rolls early skewed my view on this. With a 17+ I can see it likely that you never get any Experiments.

All in all one of coolest designs I have playtested lately. He has a lot going for him. My suggestion would be to have the CRB take a long hard look at him.

I am open to doing more tests. I just wanted to get these results in so you can decide if you want to move on or not. Nice work Karat.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Additional Playtests.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- Give a brief overview. Creatuers crush team with no Clones.
Units: Jackal, Captain America(240) & Harley Quinn[625]
vs. Frankenstein, Lizard & Ragdoll[620].

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 255?.
- Give a brief overview. Team Jackal puts up a good battle vs. this version of the F4 but the team does not buy Jackal enough time to make a Clone roll.
Units: Jackal, Graviton, Enchantress, Ragdoll & Atom[1185] vs. Mister Fantastic, She-Hulk, Iron Man(240), Invisible Woman & Sage[1190].
Spoiler Alert!

Who won and how many wounds did they have?
She-Hulk(4wounds, 2 Life left) & Sage(3wounds, 1 Life left).

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- Give a brief overview. Deadpool is too much in the end.
Units: Jackal, Graviton, War Machine, Invisible Woman & 5th Precinct Beat Cops(x2)[1270] vs. Professor X, Deadpool, Wolverine, Archangel, Spider-Girl & Shadowcat[1265].
Spoiler Alert!

Who won and how many wounds did they have?
Professor X, Deadpool & Shadowcat(All Full).

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; September 27th, 2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old September 19th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Thanks for the tests T. I do think this was a move in the right direction, but it's a bit early to tell, so yeah, I feel like more tests are in order.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library