Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: RTTFF or TJ

I just use proxies if I want to use squads I have singles of.

I would like to have the entire collection someday, though I may be up a creek on the exclusives. Oh well.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old January 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd go with one of each. That way at least you have one of each. If their available you can always buy more later, but you don't want to end up with one or the other unavailable and you not having that one.

I'm pretty much a completionist. Therefore, if I can get two different things that I don't have, as opposed to 2 of one thing, I'll go with the former.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

wow, thanks for all your help.

well i asked my FLGS a bit ago to get a road for me, and i'm headed out there today. they had jungles last i was there. if they have both i'll probably just get one of each to avoid shipping costs.
thanks again guys! and here's hoping for reprints of VW and TT someday...
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I will add my voice, now saying that I think you made the right choice going for one of each at this point in your game-growth.
Old January 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
I will add my voice, now saying that I think you made the right choice going for one of each at this point in your game-growth.
While I do subscribe to the "Multiples of Everything" theory, terrain packs won't gather dust, even if you do only have a single pack. If the opportunity presents itself, of course, I would strongly endorse the acquisition of multiples. I'm pretty sure at the last 'Scaper meeting, money was voted "highly overrated."
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I agree with getting both. RttFF looks great with RotV, and TJ looks great with SotM. You'll be able to get a lot of variety that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 18th, 2009, 01:42 AM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Step 4, Just continue buying because hey, why should it just sit on the shelf? Some has to clean these aisles up!
That's amazing!

As everyone else has already stated, get both!

That being said, as a 'Scaper at a similar level of collection as you [having one of each], I find the RttFF set to be more useful so far... the bridge is awesome, the road tiles are fun and the trees look nice. I haven't used the Dumutef yet, but TJ is basically just some shrubs, trees and spiders!

I'm going to buy a few more of both soon!
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:09 PM

AQUILLAS ASSASIN Woo who?

i would say rttff just to get the road tiles and trees which offers a new type of terrain, plus dumutef guard is a pretty good filler
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:12 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker

They're both great, but I'd suggest getting RTtFF first, since its more versatile. The jungle is really cool looking though, so I'd definitely get it as well.

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old January 20th, 2009, 12:23 PM

Atombob Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
I'd buy one of each, which follows the simple guideline outlined below:

Step 1, Make sure you have acquired at least one of all things Scape.

Step 2, Begin to buy multiples of the pieces you like.

Step 3, Buy multiples of the rest.

Step 4, Just continue buying because hey, why should it just sit on the shelf? Some has to clean these aisles up!

This seems like the best strategy but I think I just skipped to step 4 when I started and bought everything I could find in every store I went to.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 09:15 PM

dwatring is surprisingly tart

not being able to help with the situation, as i dont have either the TJ or RTtFF. But i think on my personal opinion i would buy 1 of each... if you dont like 1 you still are able to collect it! and kepp buying more of the one(or two) you like!...

P.S. TJ LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion