Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 12th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of The Octopus (Breathing)

Was sort of on the sidelines for most of this - figured I'd avoid the too-many-cooks issue and while I've read this miniseries I remember almost nothing about it. But I do like that final draft there!

I could see giving him a Range of 2, to represent the tentacles, but I'm cool with it as-written. The Scientist thing makes for an interesting army building challenge.
Old September 12th, 2020, 02:51 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Hmm, yeah, I guess Ant-Man at least can do something with it.

Tentacles could give him a range of 2. I imagine you'll pretty much always want him engaged though, so kinda moot.
Old September 12th, 2020, 03:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think we worked this design into a good space. He'll be an interesting Scientist synergy hub.
Old September 12th, 2020, 03:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Testing can show me otherwise, but I'm not convinced the down side is worth the upside on that power. So I spend 170 point on Beast, move him up a couple of times for free trying to get him engaged so I can use Negotiation, but before he can do that I roll a 2 and he switches sides on me. Now my opponent has 170 more points to work with and I have 170 less. That's obviously a worse case scenario, but the best case scenario isn't all the great. Best case I move Beast up and engage with someone that has a #OM on their card, then successfully negotiate it away maybe once or twice in the game? I like the theme quite a bit, just not seeing how paying to draft the one who potentially betrays and kills me has a ton of tactical appeal at free move bonding.
Old September 12th, 2020, 03:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

This may be a bit too complex an idea, but as I understand it he kidnaps scientist and forces them to work on various cure ideas for him that just lead to him becoming a monster of sorts. So what if at the end of a round, if a scientist in his army is adj. to him then he gets some kind of boost. Essentially they are administering some new formula at the end of each round that has a new effect of him. That them plays into the everyone adj. to him faces an unblockable at the end of the round, as he's sometimes lashing out that those same scientist for failing him once more.
Old September 12th, 2020, 03:21 PM
C3G Landlord

SCIENTIST EXTORTION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with The Octopus, you may first take a turn with a Unique Scientist Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of The Octopus. During this turn, the chosen Scientist may not attack. At the end of the round, roll one combat die for each Scientist you control adjacent to The Octopus. For each skull rolled, add 1 to The Octopus' attack during the next round. For each shield rolled, add 1 to The Octopus' defense during the next round. For each blank rolled, The Octopus receives 1 wound.

The effects end at the end of the round, so no worry about hanging back in the start zone trying to stack up a bunch of boosts over time. Instead he needs to be up closer to the action to take advantage of the potential stat boosts he'll receive. Can move bond with multiple scientist to try and keep 2 or 3 close by if you really want to push it. Down side is you might roll a blank and negate your own healing for that round, plus you may kill off your own scientist via Grip. Beast is still a good drafting option as you can move him into engagement early in the round, then negotiate an OM away and leap back adj. to him so he's ready to inject him at the end of the round.
Old September 12th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That doesn't convey the same theme to me at all. The whole point is that he is holding the Scientists against their will.
Old September 12th, 2020, 03:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Seems a bit complex to me. Does play up the "scientists doing something for me" bit, which is nice, but loses out on the extortion part.
Old September 12th, 2020, 04:12 PM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
SCIENTIST EXTORTION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with The Octopus, you may first take a turn with a Unique Scientist Hero you control within 6? clear sight spaces of The Octopus. During this turn, the chosen Scientist may not attack unless an X OM has been revealed on The Octopus. Then, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 2 or lower, choose an opponent to take permanent control of that Scientist. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
The X OM representing The Octopus further enforcing his orders? Does that make sense?
Old September 12th, 2020, 04:16 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH12 View Post
Quote:
SCIENTIST EXTORTION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with The Octopus, you may first take a turn with a Unique Scientist Hero you control within 6? clear sight spaces of The Octopus. During this turn, the chosen Scientist may not attack unless an X OM has been revealed on The Octopus. Then, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 2 or lower, choose an opponent to take permanent control of that Scientist. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
The X OM representing The Octopus further enforcing his orders? Does that make sense?
SCIENTIST EXTORTION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with The Octopus, you may first take a turn with a Unique Scientist Hero you control within 6? clear sight spaces of The Octopus. During this turn, the chosen Scientist can only attack if you reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. Then, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 2 or lower, choose an opponent to take permanent control of that Scientist. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

This would be the correct way to word that but I like it.
Old September 12th, 2020, 04:25 PM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
NAME = THE OCTOPUS
SECRET IDENTITY = VICTOR OCTAVIUS

SPECIES = WITCHBREED
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 250

GRIP OF THE OCTOPUS
If the Octopus rolls a skull against a small or medium figure leaving an engagement with him, that figure may not leave the engagement with the Octopus this turn. At the end of the round, roll an unblockable attack die against all figures engaged with the Octopus.

SCIENTIST EXTORTION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with The Octopus, you may first take a turn with a Unique Scientist Hero you control within 6? clear sight spaces of The Octopus. During this turn, the chosen Scientist can only attack if you reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. Then, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 2 or lower, choose an opponent to take permanent control of that Scientist. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

HEALING 1
At the end of the round, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
Just putting everything together to see if there's anything else that needs changing before we move forward at all.

Last edited by AlexH12; September 12th, 2020 at 04:57 PM.
Old September 12th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Tickle Pickle

Looks great to me.

EDIT: Needs an "unblockable" before attack die in the second sentence of the first power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library