Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 14th, 2024, 08:48 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

The pirates (abilities, sculpts) are a bit of an all over the place mismash, imo.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 14th, 2024, 12:03 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Fia Bonny is definitely a miss of a design for me. She has range... only 3 times a game? And worse spider-sense. Yay? I don't understand limiting range, its just a negative power with no upside in reality.
Old March 14th, 2024, 12:07 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seems that they're saying over in the Renegade server that stores can't order prepainted versions of Heroscape through normal distribution channels- only directly from Renegade. This is interesting, as it means unpainted Heroscape will likely be the first exposure newcomers in the hobby channel will have with Heroscape.

This isn't necessarily a problem, but it does seem strange that you could go to your LGS, buy a set of unpainted Heroscape, learn the game, and get a prepainted Shiori/Drake promo that doesn't match the rest of your stuff.
Old March 14th, 2024, 12:12 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

All I know is you'd be crazy to buy unpainted directly from Renegade, since it's already significantly cheaper elsewhere.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 14th, 2024, 12:17 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
All I know is you'd be crazy to buy unpainted directly from Renegade, since it's already significantly cheaper elsewhere.
As far as buying unpainted is concerned: I think there's a reasonable argument in favor of buying the Battle for the Wellspring box from Renegade to get the Drake promo, then buying the master set from somewhere like Game Nerdz- where you will save a substantial chunk of money. Game Nerdz only has like a $13 discount on the battle box iirc.

I know they're going to release the Drake promo by itself later, but we don't have any idea when that will be.
Old March 14th, 2024, 12:22 PM

I guess if it's super important to you to get a third Sgt. Drake sculpt. I'm not invested in getting minis at all, but if I were, I'd just print a card for him (probably a better looking one that someone on here makes eventually) and use one of the other Drake sculpts I have. It's not like the mini is even pictured on the card.

Old March 14th, 2024, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I guess if it's super important to you to get a third Sgt. Drake sculpt. I'm not invested in getting minis at all, but if I were, I'd just print a card for him (probably a better looking one that someone on here makes eventually) and use one of the other Drake sculpts I have. It's not like the mini is even pictured on the card.
You C3G guys and your mini agnosticism
Old March 14th, 2024, 12:30 PM

Yeah, good way to make sure you only play with minis that can fit on ladders.

Old March 14th, 2024, 12:35 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wonder how many cancelled orders they're going to see because of that... With Renegade's (apparently unorthodox) method of charging now instead of when the order actually is shipped, I can't help but think about their underlying cashflow. Not good if they get asked for money back when they've committed it to something else...

I have yet to make a purchase, but thought about ordering both a painted and unpainted copy of the MS and BB, as well as a Jungle Set or two. The savings from a place like MiniatureMarket for the unpainted and jungle terrain is nearly enough to buy another unpainted MS. Maybe I'm just unaware, but I don't see how it is beneficial to Renegade to have a large portion of their sales go through a third party (which must take a cut), rather than drop their own listed prices to the same value and get more sales flow at that price point through their own platform (no 3rd party cut). Just brand awareness, and they have to tolerate a price cut so their products end up on more platforms?

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old March 14th, 2024, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
I wonder how many cancelled orders they're going to see because of that... With Renegade's (apparently unorthodox) method of charging now instead of when the order actually is shipped, I can't help but think about their underlying cashflow. Not good if they get asked for money back when they've committed it to something else...

I have yet to make a purchase, but thought about ordering both a painted and unpainted copy of the MS and BB, as well as a Jungle Set or two. The savings from a place like MiniatureMarket for the unpainted and jungle terrain is nearly enough to buy another unpainted MS. Maybe I'm just unaware, but I don't see how it is beneficial to Renegade to have a large portion of their sales go through a third party (which must take a cut), rather than drop their own listed prices to the same value and get more sales flow at that price point through their own platform (no 3rd party cut). Just brand awareness, and they have to tolerate a price cut so their products end up on more platforms?
MSRP kinda doesn't mean anything if the manufacturer undercuts the retail price on day one.

In all seriousness, you generally don't want to compete with game stores when you're trying to develop an in-store organized play platform. It's one thing for an LGS to have to compete with other LGS. It's another for the LGS to feel like they're competing with the manufacturer who is trying to sell them product.
Old March 14th, 2024, 12:46 PM

Does feel like a bit of spit in the eye to give longtime fans all that great early bird access to higher prices, though ....

Old March 14th, 2024, 12:52 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Miniature Market has the unpainted sets for $88 (AoA), $32(Wellspring) and $35 (jungle). Are prices just made up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News