Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 13th, 2024, 10:04 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Public Design Workshop 2.0

Loving the direction on this guy, I only remember him from a JLU episode (or I remember the animation was similar). Always ready to welcome more villains

The construct thingy going on is legit. I like the lantern constructs and this reminds me somewhat of that. Pretty cool interaction.
Old March 14th, 2024, 05:19 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Loving the direction on this guy, I only remember him from a JLU episode (or I remember the animation was similar). Always ready to welcome more villains

The construct thingy going on is legit. I like the lantern constructs and this reminds me somewhat of that. Pretty cool interaction.
His first appearance was in the 2016 Rebirth Flash run, so it's definitely not him in that JLU episode. Not sure who it would be, though.

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old March 14th, 2024, 09:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I could see him anywhere from mid-200s to low 300s, thematically. He's a powerhouse but not like, Savitar level.

I like the Nobody tweak on Speed Siphon. Mechanically encouraging going after Speedsters without a direct callout is cool.

Minis would be an issue, but it might be cool if the Speed Construct was common or uncommon since I recall him using several duplicates at once. Maybe I'm mixing that up with the TV show though - it's been a while since I read the Godspeed arc so it might not be a comic thing.
Ah, I had him mentally placed above Savitar in power level, so if that's the case, I'd go mid-200s. Savitar is in the 260-290 range in my head canon.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 14th, 2024, 09:03 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Thematically speaking, Godspeed does put a lot of strain on himself when maintaining a duplicate, to the point where prolonged use actually does cause him harm.
What if you made his duplicates uncommon but for each one on the battlefield he had -1 Life? (So his Life goes up when he takes them off or down when he places them, making him more vulnerable to defeat)?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 14th, 2024, 11:06 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
would it potentially work if I gave him a 5-or-lower automatic wound instead of an 8-or-lower to reduce the chance of it happening a bit, or do you think the self-auto-wound mechanic is just too finicky to include at all?
My opinion is like...the risk/strain is already represented by the drop in speed when the clone is deployed and the wound that Godspeed takes when the clone is defeated? (That second part may not feel like much of a downside in practice - defeating a 4 Life figure to inflict 1 wound on another figure isn't exactly a massive bargain - but it's thematically representative of a weakness and it's taking up space on the card.)

It's less that a roll to auto-wound is particularly finnicky on its own, it's just that combined with the two things I mentioned above meant the card was dedicating a lot of space to weaknesses, which feels like a tough sell when he's not offering some massive strengths as a tradeoff.

I'd buy the Bats idea of having the clone be Uncommon but not really demanding the player draft lots of them. So you can play that CW-style mega clone army but he also functions as a comics-accurate version? Could be neat.
Old March 14th, 2024, 03:08 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Thematically speaking, Godspeed does put a lot of strain on himself when maintaining a duplicate, to the point where prolonged use actually does cause him harm.
What if you made his duplicates uncommon but for each one on the battlefield he had -1 Life? (So his Life goes up when he takes them off or down when he places them, making him more vulnerable to defeat)?
Not a bad idea but my question is like, how would you account for wound marker placement/removal? Say Godspeed goes down from 6 Life to 5 Life by having one clone on the board- if the clone is removed, does Godspeed take 1 wound but then gain 1 Life and go back up to 6 anyway?

Old March 14th, 2024, 03:31 PM

Lowering your Life number would be like lowering any other stat (like lowering your Attack number). You wouldn't place or remove wound markers, you'd just lower the threshold it took to defeat him. So if he had like 5 wounds and decided to squeeze one of these clones out, it'd kill him, for instance.

Old March 14th, 2024, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Lowering your Life number would be like lowering any other stat (like lowering your Attack number). You wouldn't place or remove wound markers, you'd just lower the threshold it took to defeat him. So if he had like 5 wounds and decided to squeeze one of these clones out, it'd kill him, for instance.
Makes sense- I could be down for this approach then.

Old March 14th, 2024, 03:57 PM

Here's another pass then

NAME = GODSPEED
SECRET IDENTITY = AUGUST HEART

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

TURBO KILLER
Godspeed may move through all figures and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After Godspeed's attack phase, if he is the only Godspeed you control, he may maneuver up to 2 spaces.

SPEED STRAIN
For every other Godspeed you control, Godspeed has -1 Life. After an ordered activation with Godspeed, you may activate each other Godspeed figure you control.

SIPHONED SPEED
When a Godspeed figure inflicts 1+ wounds on an enemy, roll a d20, adding that enemy's Move to your roll. On a 20+, Godspeed heals 1 wound.

SPEED DODGE 4
If Godspeed has 1+ blanks when defending, he avoids the attack and may maneuver up to 4 spaces.

STEALTH

NAME = GODSPEED

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SPEED FORCE CONSTRUCT

During setup, place Godspeed on this card. Before activating Godspeed, you may revive Godspeed at full Life and place him adjacent to that Godspeed. When Godspeed is defeated, inflict 1 wound on an allied Godspeed with the secret identity August Heart.

DIVIDED SPEED FORCE
Godspeed may move through all figures and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces.

SPEED DODGE 4
If Godspeed has 1+ blanks when defending, he avoids the attack and may maneuver up to 4 spaces.

STEALTH

Trying to combine MrN and Batman's ideas into something cohesive here- taking into account the idea you can have more than 2 Godspeeds on the board with the clones being Uncommon Heroes, it seemed better to have Godspeed (August Heart) activate other Godspeeds on his card rather than MrN's suggestion of the clone being activated by Godspeed (August Heart) on its card. How's this looking?

Last edited by ALEXAN2507; March 15th, 2024 at 11:58 AM.
Old March 14th, 2024, 06:12 PM

I like it.

Old March 14th, 2024, 06:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Seems cool! Looking at the package, think we could cheat up to Attack 6? I think that would also give him a bit more pop. (Although maybe heal-y dodge-y man is already juicy enough.)
Old March 14th, 2024, 07:47 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like it as well. I'd probably just make Turbo Speed Killer and Divided Speed Force into Superspeed. The extra 2 move isn't good enough to go through hoops to get, and the "splitting makes him slightly weaker" is already portrayed through the Speed Strain ability.

Would Godspeed have a faction? I know he popped up a couple times later on as a Barry ally/antihero, but idk if he had any stints with a villain team somewhere.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape