Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old August 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dominion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Sounds like you need to get Intrigue if you like going through your deck. Great Hall/Nobles/Conspirator decks are pretty hilarious.
Funny you say that. I bought Dominion because Drumline introduced me to the game at GenCon- and he also showed me Intrigue the same night. What'd we run that game? Saboteurs, Theives(Not Intrigue), and a host of expensive cards with only one option for extra actions? It was a painful (though admittedly hilarious) game. So hard to make money, and so easy for your value to be stolen/destroyed. It was terrible! I decided I never wanted my friends to have access to that kind of power.*

* Actually I just couldn't afford both Dominion and the Expansion. I'll get Intrigue eventually, but not before I've squeezed Dominion nearly dry, which will take awhile.
That game was BRUTAL! Eric kept stealing all our treasure, and burning the ONE saboteur I could afford, but every now and again when I got it to work, it would really screw with people. You guys were lucky that the Iron Works was there or else buying anything would have been a REAL pain... The problem I find with attack cards is usually all 4 people grab 2 or 3 and then it's a big circle. You trash my Province, I trash yours, sort of thing. The game goes a lot smoother and tends to be more enjoyable when no one purchases the thief or saboteur...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:21 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
My copy is in my trunk, but doesn't Throne Room say "The player play an action CARD twice"? It doesn't say take the action twice, it merely says play the card twice, I thought.
I believe that is why the wording is what we were trying to decide. I don't have the cards, left them at the persons house we play games at so can't say for sure. But, if it reads play an action card twice, if you destroy that card the first time to take money or take a point value card (apparently there are cards that allow that), then the card is gone, and there is no card to play a second time.

Not sure how acurate ehow is, but they mention a circumstance like this by destroying a card after throne room is played to gain two 5 point cards. The card used in this case is "feast." So if you go by that, it should have been allowed. For a 30-40 minute game, it took us a couple of hours. I'm sure as we play more and are accustomed to the cards, it will speed things up. Wasn't the rules and how to play that got us bogged down but the interpretation of the cards.

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:31 PM

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm, we've always said the Feast can only be used once since you have to trash it, even with a throne room...

Old August 30th, 2009, 05:42 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation

I sent the question to Rio Grande to see if they can give the correct interpretation of the rule. Both ways make sense. 1) if the card is destroyed the first time, it is not there to play a second time. 2) Literally reading the card says to play the card twice with no actual ruling as to wether that card really exists or not. Basically, the second card is a fake of the first.

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbxfan View Post
I sent the question to Rio Grande to see if they can give the correct interpretation of the rule. Both ways make sense. 1) if the card is destroyed the first time, it is not there to play a second time. 2) Literally reading the card says to play the card twice with no actual ruling as to wether that card really exists or not. Basically, the second card is a fake of the first.
Let us know what you find out! I'm interested to see their official ruling on this.

Old August 30th, 2009, 09:31 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

I'm also interested in the official answer, but I know that (well, 99% sure) when you play on BSW, Throne Room-ing a Feast plays the Feast twice. Of course, that may have just been some guy's interpretation, rather than the official rules.

I think the rationale behind it is that every time you play a card, it goes somewhere, whether to the playing field or to the trash. You simply pick it up from the trash, play it again, and trash it again. It would be the only way you could recover a card from the trash, I guess.

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:11 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I hear about people playing this game online, anyone have a link?

-insert signature here-
Old September 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I hear about people playing this game online, anyone have a link?
http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Spiele/Dominion/?nation=en

It's pretty awesome online, but it takes a little getting used to the interface (if you don't know German).

I'd recommend installing the online game client. Then (probably) you can get to a whole big room of Dominion tables by clicking More on the left and Dominion. Clicking the Green bar on the top right lets you join a "Players Wanted" game. I think the protocol is to ask "May I?" or something along those lines before sitting down, though some have said that I don't need to ask.

If you want to play a friendly game so you can figure out the interface and such, you can PM me and we can maybe set up a time.

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:33 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Thanks...

Been looking around the world of gaming outside of Scape (gasp!) lately. Found thedicetower.com for the 1st time and saw this listed as one of his top games for 2008. Sounds like something I would enjoy, figured I could give it a drive first.

-insert signature here-
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:02 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If someone were to get into the game, is there any reason to buy the original, or should you just jump straight to Intrigue?
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think they are better together.
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:55 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbxfan View Post
Let us know what you find out! I'm interested to see their official ruling on this.
(Necroing the thread, but worth it)
This is pretty easy, the official ruling for the Throne Room Feast combination is in the Dominion rule book under the Feast card clarifications (most all the cards have details about them in the back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion Rule book pdf
Feast – The gained card goes into your Discard pile. It has to be a card from the Supply. You cannot use coins from Treasures or previous Actions (like the Market) to increase the cost of the card that you gain. If you use Throne Room on Feast, you will gain two cards, even though you can only trash Feast once. Gaining the card isn't contingent on trashing Feast ; they're just two things that the card tries to make you do.
Buying Intrigue first is fine, but Intrigue is a much more aggressive set of cards, lots of interaction. If your play group gets easily upset when people play things that mess with their hands or decks, this will not be their favorite.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games