Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 21st, 2010, 12:16 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Re: Some Encouraging News

I hope this pans out, though it is SUCH a shot in the dark.

But maybe we can combine TWO shots in the dark? Any of these people with their 'anonamous sources in the know' get us addresses to send single hexes to in the mail, vis-a-vis 'grande gesture'?

Just a thought.
Miracles have happened before.

Join my customs committee. Give input to my newest creations.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34056
Old November 26th, 2010, 04:36 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

I for one am happy about this business!
Old December 9th, 2010, 07:02 PM

chuckpint is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
I guess I am unfamiliar with cases in which WotC has sold properties. They usually just buy games or licences and then let them die.
Dragon Dice is one of the few success stories in the case of WotC selling off things they didn't want. They tried really hard to kill Dragon Dice, but SFR (a company formed of Dragon Dice fans), convinced them to sell. I can tell you it wouldn't have happened without a strong inside push from a TSR(WotC) staffer.
Old December 9th, 2010, 07:08 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There you go, get someone on the inside working then
Old December 9th, 2010, 09:10 PM

prophetex is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Easier said than done.

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckpint View Post
Quote:
I guess I am unfamiliar with cases in which WotC has sold properties. They usually just buy games or licences and then let them die.
Dragon Dice is one of the few success stories in the case of WotC selling off things they didn't want. They tried really hard to kill Dragon Dice, but SFR (a company formed of Dragon Dice fans), convinced them to sell. I can tell you it wouldn't have happened without a strong inside push from a TSR(WotC) staffer.
I started playing dragon dice when TSR had it. I saw the new company at Gencon in 2009 and I really like what they have done with the game. I have Dragon Dice in stock at my store now as well. Some of it is actually TSR printed stuff that has been sitting in the warehouse for years, most of it is brand new stuff though.
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:40 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetex View Post
Quote:
Easier said than done.
Exactly
Old December 11th, 2010, 01:38 AM

Knives is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeabird View Post
I'm starting to believe the hype as well. I was listening to a source in my neck of the woods and heard about a two company story looking to license the the brand from WotC with in a year. I normally don't go in for this kind of stuff but this source is how I got all my GenCon exclusives. His business sends him to gaming events to hunt up distributors. This is not to make people happy or sad, just to say I'm starting to hope harder than I did before.
Actually about a week ago, I went to a local gaming/comic shop (actually the only one in town that does anything for Heroscape). There I was talking to the shop owner and he too has said that he has heard of at least two companies looking to purchase the title of Heroscape. So, hearing this story has been going around more than a few places seems to be looking good for Heroscape. But really in the end, all we can do is hope and hope it does get picked up.
Old December 11th, 2010, 01:38 PM

prophetex is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxknives View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeabird View Post
I'm starting to believe the hype as well. I was listening to a source in my neck of the woods and heard about a two company story looking to license the the brand from WotC with in a year. I normally don't go in for this kind of stuff but this source is how I got all my GenCon exclusives. His business sends him to gaming events to hunt up distributors. This is not to make people happy or sad, just to say I'm starting to hope harder than I did before.
Actually about a week ago, I went to a local gaming/comic shop (actually the only one in town that does anything for Heroscape). There I was talking to the shop owner and he too has said that he has heard of at least two companies looking to purchase the title of Heroscape. So, hearing this story has been going around more than a few places seems to be looking good for Heroscape. But really in the end, all we can do is hope and hope it does get picked up.
And that WoTC doesn't just kill the game before anyone can pick it up.

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
Old December 12th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I did not read the whole thread, but I am excited with the news from Kinseth. The rumor actually sounds credible (timetables seem to be about right and such). Also, Zombieknight, who in the past has proven to be very much in the know, seems to confirm.

On the downside, the fact that there are talks and interested parties means very little if Hasbro/WotC keeps onto the license no matter what. I mean, how often have we actually seen a Hasbro original licence being transferred? I can't think of a single one.

Still, I also can't remember an instance where the fans became the designers of a Hasbro/WotC game, so HeroScape has set a precedent in doing the unprecedented. It certainly is something to root for!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Were not MI6 were a gaming site for crying out loud!

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:24 PM

freudianslip27 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hasbro may not sell things off easily, but Heroscape sure does have a lot of marketability. So many times I've heard people say "heroscape didn't make enough money for a huge company like hasbro, but would be a great fit for a smaller company". Who wouldn't want to buy something that has such a strong fan base and continues to sell well?

It is kind of like MTV dumping their rock band license. Rock Band as a video game will continue to make tons of money, but not enough for MTV to care about.

Fingers crossed!

Matt

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News