Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old April 12th, 2023, 02:43 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Girder (Tony Woodward)

Girder (Tony Woodward)

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = GIRDER
IDENTITY = TONY WOODWARD

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = CRUEL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

SMASHING KNOCKBACK
After Girder inflicts 1+ wounds on an adjacent Small or Medium figure with his normal attack, you may knockback that figure 1 space for each wound inflicted in that attack.

TOUGH
When defending against a normal attack, Girder has +1 block.

RUSTING 6
During cleanup, if Girder has 1+ wounds, roll a d20. Subtract 10 if Girder is on water. On a 1-6, inflict 1 wound on Girder.

FACTION: ROGUES
PUBLISHER: DC
KEYWORDS:
SYMBOLS: HEAT RESISTANCE, SUPER STRENGTH
REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE: After being dumped into a vat of steel that had been reclaimed from STAR Labs experiments, Tony Woodward was changed into a being of living metal. The newly-christened Girder began using his powers for crime, which quickly made him an enemy of the Flash.

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: The Flash #014 / Girder
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: Ronin
  • Playtesters:
  • Card art: Japes
  • Comic creators: Geoff Johns, Ethan Van Sciver
Updates
  • N/A

Last edited by IAmBatman; November 4th, 2023 at 01:09 PM.
Old April 12th, 2023, 02:44 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Girder (design)

Changes from 1.0:
- Class to Criminal
- Steel Skin changed to Tough as it’s the same power in 2.0, now that the Heat Resistance part moved to a symbol.
- Rusting now requires a wound before he rusts. Stops him from rusting right away.
- Added Knockback to make the design more interesting than just being the Rogues' heavy hitter.
- Took his Life down by 1 to balance the above buffs.
(Sanity testing required)

Tagging @Ronin as the original LD
Old April 12th, 2023, 02:45 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like those changes in Girder
Old April 12th, 2023, 02:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm into it

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 12th, 2023, 03:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Old April 12th, 2023, 04:13 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What part are you envisioning as a buff. Just not rolling until he gets the first wound?

Knockback is usually not worth using since he's got no range and Knockback is restricted now so you can't strategically use it as easy to position someone. You are basically giving the enemy free disengage.

Essentially I'm arguing the life decrease.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 12th, 2023, 04:29 PM
Archie

Knockback can cause free wounds if you can't knock people back the full distance, and it's an optional thing. You can force knockback wounds by hitting someone adjacent to Tar Pit or just by knocking them into the direction of any other figure.

The Rusting also not affecting him early on is notable too. You'd hit a Rusting wound at the end of round 1 30% of the time before you even meet the enemy.

I'm planning to sanity test it, but knockback seems powerful in theory. I attached the relevant rules text below mostly for my own reference in testing.

Quote:
Knockback: When an ability includes the term “knockback,” it means that the player using that ability must move the affected figure directly away from the activated figure in a straight line an exact number of spaces specified in the ability. When determining a straight line, if the figures are adjacent, use the two spaces those figures occupy that establish their adjacency as the first two points in the line. If multiple straight lines can be determined, the activated figure chooses which to use. When moving an affected figure, it counts elevation normally, ignores swipes, does not use any movement abilities on its card, and enters and occupies each space it is knocked back into. A knocked back figure receives any relevant falling damage and, if it cannot move the full amount specified in the knockback ability, it receives knockback damage.

Knockback Damage: If you are unable to move a figure the full number of spaces specified in a knockback ability due to another ability a change in elevation, or something blocking its path, roll one damage die against the knocked back figure for each space it was not moved. If a figure cannot be knocked back the full amount due to running into the edge of the battlefield, end the figure’s knockback movement on the last space it could legally move onto and do not roll for knockback damage.
Old April 12th, 2023, 05:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Knockback can cause free wounds if you can't knock people back the full distance, and it's an optional thing. You can force knockback wounds by hitting someone adjacent to Tar Pit or just by knocking them into the direction of any other figure.

The Rusting also not affecting him early on is notable too. You'd hit a Rusting wound at the end of round 1 30% of the time before you even meet the enemy.

I'm planning to sanity test it, but knockback seems powerful in theory. I attached the relevant rules text below mostly for my own reference in testing.

Quote:
Knockback: When an ability includes the term “knockback,” it means that the player using that ability must move the affected figure directly away from the activated figure in a straight line an exact number of spaces specified in the ability. When determining a straight line, if the figures are adjacent, use the two spaces those figures occupy that establish their adjacency as the first two points in the line. If multiple straight lines can be determined, the activated figure chooses which to use. When moving an affected figure, it counts elevation normally, ignores swipes, does not use any movement abilities on its card, and enters and occupies each space it is knocked back into. A knocked back figure receives any relevant falling damage and, if it cannot move the full amount specified in the knockback ability, it receives knockback damage.

Knockback Damage: If you are unable to move a figure the full number of spaces specified in a knockback ability due to another ability a change in elevation, or something blocking its path, roll one damage die against the knocked back figure for each space it was not moved. If a figure cannot be knocked back the full amount due to running into the edge of the battlefield, end the figure’s knockback movement on the last space it could legally move onto and do not roll for knockback damage.
It's more that you can't control Knockback as easily since you have to draw the straight line. So you have to have it set up just right to get that knockback into Tarpit. You no longer get to pick the direction is more my point. Will wait for sanity testing but he's really the only hitter in the faction and he's already got the negative.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 12th, 2023, 07:55 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I always liked the “your skulls minus the enemy’s skulls” aspect of knockback in 1.0, but I understand if that feels a bit too heavy here.
Old April 13th, 2023, 06:29 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Archie was more saying that if you punch a figure that's already engaged with Tar-Pit than you're guaranteed knockback wounds.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 13th, 2023, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I always liked the “your skulls minus the enemy’s skulls” aspect of knockback in 1.0, but I understand if that feels a bit too heavy here.
I wanted it to be more readily usable in a variety of abilities. But if you want to use the term in an ability that compares skulls to determine its knockback, the world is your oyster.

Old April 13th, 2023, 09:44 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I wanted it to be more readily usable in a variety of abilities. But if you want to use the term in an ability that compares skulls to determine its knockback, the world is your oyster.
I think some wires got crossed here. I think the “skulls-skulls” application of Knockback is more interesting than the “1 wound = 1 space” version used in Girder’s ability here, especially when his power is called Knockback and that kinda implies it’s the main generic knockback deal.

But I also understand we’re going for a lightweight add-on to an already solid unit here, so I understand not wanting to go with the ”skulls-skulls” approach. I just wanted to mention it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database