Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 25th, 2006, 12:26 PM
ultradoug

vipers should do the "V" shaped pattern when deployed. Sweep in with wave after wave of them.
I think the marrow drones might be better. Not sure. I can't recall, but if you Frenzy do you have to move the same 3 you just moved? I dont think you do... could be wrong.
Old May 25th, 2006, 03:42 PM

bobofett has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
vipers should do the "V" shaped pattern when deployed. Sweep in with wave after wave of them.
I think the marrow drones might be better. Not sure. I can't recall, but if you Frenzy do you have to move the same 3 you just moved? I dont think you do... could be wrong.
no i don't believe you have to move the same figs. because it says move the vonoc vipers again. it does not specify that you need to use the same ones you just used.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old May 25th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Yeah, in our games we move whatever squad of vipers we want when we hit those oh-so-rare frenzy rolls.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old May 25th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
no i don't believe you have to move the same figs. because it says move the vonoc vipers again. it does not specify that you need to use the same ones you just used.
It took me a second to decipher your post. But you are correct.

If you land a Frenzy roll you get to take a turn with the vipers again. A turn consists of choosing with figures to move and attack with.
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:02 PM
ultradoug

19 lucky d20 gliphs and mittens would make sure your frenzy never stops, you would only nead 20 vipers, 19 of them on the giphs and the mittens dude in the back, the last one kills everything.
(eventualy)

unless of course they have counterstrike... then nevermind.
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:30 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
if I had 19 +1 on d20 glyphs I think I would rather have Ne-Gok-Sa...mine...mine...mine....they're all mine mwah ha ha haa haaaah

Old May 26th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
We played our weekly game last night with the ice and snow added to the map, but what really worked was the Viper army I drafted. We determine the size of our armies by taking 400 points and then rolling the d20 and adding ten times the roll. Last night the roll was a 20, so we had 600 point armies to draft.

I choose: DW800
Deadeye Dan (who only got off one Ullar rifle shot and missed)
Arrow Gruts
Venoc Warlord
Venoc Vipers
more Venoc Vipers
Armoc Vipers
and Elite Onyx Vipers

my friend Toby chose: Jotun
Minions of Utgar
Syvarris
another Syvarris (allowed by house rules)
Theracus
Dumutef Guard

Theracus was surprisingly effective dragging a Syvarris around.
But the best part of the game was the EOV frenzy on Jotun. They took the giant right down.

Final result...I happened to win, with the Venoc Warlord and two Armoc Vipers standing at the end of the bloodbath.

No glyphs were used in this game, so it was a straight stand up and knock down battle. Much fun and some Sam Adams' was had.
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:17 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ
if I had 19 +1 on d20 glyphs I think I would rather have Ne-Gok-Sa...mine...mine...mine....they're all mine mwah ha ha haa haaaah
Your pick man. I'd totally play his viper army against you NGS: you don't have anyone to hold the glyphs, so the best you'll get is +1, and nobody might go adjacent to let you use it, so you'll have to move! Besides, only the Warlord is unique.

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva
Quote:
Your pick man. I'd totally play his viper army against you NGS: you don't have anyone to hold the glyphs, so the best you'll get is +1, and nobody might go adjacent to let you use it, so you'll have to move! Besides, only the Warlord is unique.
I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. I was saying that if I had figures on 19 Glyphs of Lodin that I would like to have Ne-Gok-Sa; who would have a 100% chance of Mindshackling.

I win initiative, I Mindshackle your Venocs, you hand them all over.

Besides, the post was made for humor's sake it wasn't a serious strategy.

Old May 28th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Quote:

Just to clarify, NeGokSa can only mindshackle unique squads/heroes. The Venocs are common and therefore immune.
Old May 28th, 2006, 03:29 PM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
"sacred band only has 3 defense with an all disciplined army otherwise they only have 2. and as for defy death, it only works 25% of the time."

-1st almost anytime someone uses the Sacred Band it would be in an All Disciplined Team. Plus Parmenio can turn 1 unique figure/squad into Disciplined

-2nd Defy Death works 30% not 25%

The name of the ability is "Sacred Band Defy Death 15"

15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 (6/20=30%)
Old May 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahrma
Quote:

Just to clarify, NeGokSa can only mindshackle unique squads/heroes. The Venocs are common and therefore immune.
Yes, yes, yes...huummoooor. How many people who have read my posts actually think that I don't know what it says on the card. I mean really now, throw me a bone people. :P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles