Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: How do you fly in the face of conventional wisdom?
Dund is usually very effective 7 10.45%
One Card of a Common Squad is often enough 26 38.81%
An army of all Unique Heroes is the best way to go 7 10.45%
Orc Swarm Armies are easy to beat 10 14.93%
Others, so many others... 17 25.37%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 18th, 2006, 09:49 PM

fejkl Woo who?
I'd go with the army of heroes. I've beaten my wife with Jotun, Charos, DW8, Brunak, and Morsbane. Jotun threw Marcus into lava, and then rolled 4 skulls on Wild Swing vs. 4 units and 3 skulls vs. three more. DW 8 killed 8 other units in two turns. Brunak killed 3 guys in a turn.

There are definitely enough "squad killers" to make an army of heroes (certainly some heroes work better than others at taking out squads) be somewhat feasible.
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I love the unique heroes, common squads are just so...common.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I once used all three gladiators in a 400 point army setting. The biggest problem was that it was a 3 player free for all. It would have done really well if it was a one on one against either of the two armies I fought. So in this case for this poll it is option number 3.

I still haven't conjured up the courage to draft Dund.
Old October 19th, 2006, 10:02 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Orc Swarm Armies are easy to beat...

I think "easy" might be too strong of a word. The orc army is a very formidable army, however, I have always had great luck against them.

It is an army that shows up a lot and I guess I have had lots of practice against it.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old October 19th, 2006, 03:43 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Personally I tend to roll with a lot of squads. I like the strength in numbers idea but more importantly I like to attack more than once per activated turn. True there are some heroes that will allow you to make more than one attack given the right conditions, but I usually only draft heroes that are bonded or directly enhance other figures or squads. So I would have to vote for #2 as well

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:15 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Oh, another one I have.

DW7000 is quite useful.

Yep, I said it. He's a staple in half of my armies.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 05:46 PM

deathsaurx has disabled reputation
The only one I disagree with is "Dund is usually very effective". *shudder*

Does anyone here actually use Dund often?

Dang it, I forgot this place existed.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 05:49 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Not often, but when I have room I sometimes include Dund. The little guy...

I find him useful at times. He's really a staller, used in conjunction with Deathreavers to slow down the opposing army while I position Omnicron Snipers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles