Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 9th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Batman (Dick Grayson) - Playtesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman

How useful did you find the glyphs we currently have with him?
Since I didn't get him into the battle much, I didn't really get a chance to use the glyphs. The Gauntlets came in handy against the Kryptonians, but that's match-up dependent. There aren't currently any glyphs that really feel like must-drafts for him. Grapple is only needed on maps with tall heights (buildings and such) as AM already gives him disengagement. Shuriken gives him a ranged attack, but without the multi-attack option it gives Batman, so it's not always very useful.Police Scanner is kind of nice with Gordon and the Cops, but I've never found the Goggles and the First Aid Kit to be very useful. So yeah, some more Utility glyphs would be really nice for him. I'd definitely lean toward the high side on costing him, due to the potential for his usefulness to grow as more Utility glyphs and/or units for him to counter are released.
I find First Aid Kit really useful on Bruce, but that's because Shadow Strike gives him so much more value out of each singular life, and because he can be offensive even on defense, so missing out an attack doesn't hurt as much. When I use the First Aid Kit with other units, they usually take the wound back as soon as they heal it, so missing the attack doesn't feel worthwhile.

I'm guessing we'll eventually come out with some glyphs that will be more useful for him and bump his value some. The way I see it now, there really aren't two glyphs that are always good for him, whereas Bruce usually has three good default choices (the grapple, the first aid kit, and the shurikens). So when it comes to future glyphs, if Bruce wants to carry them, he'll have to sacrifice something else currently giving him value, meaning his value as a unit should be about static.* For Dick, though, he's currently not getting great value out of the glyphs, so if one that works better for him comes along, he doesn't really have to sacrifice any current value to get value from it, so that's an overall gain in value for him. So I see a reason to give him a little bit of a bubble for upward mobility.

*Of course, we want to be very careful not to create too many situational glyphs, or the Batmen will end up having an answer to every single situation and be the ultimate Swiss army knife counterdraft, which probably would make them both worth more than their printed cost. We've gotta tread carefully on future Utility Glyphs for sure!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 11th, 2013, 11:17 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Definitely appreciate the results! The one thing that's important to mention, though, is that we don't test C3G with figures from Valhalla. We really only test it with other C3G units (check out the Books of C3G Index thread for more units you can test with)!

I'd love to see you do some more tests here with other C3G units.

Also, I wasn't sure from reading the tests: what Utility Glyphs did you use with him?

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status
Quote:
Here you are, NS.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

I look forward to reading your results.

Cheers,
Bats

NAME = BATMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = DICK GRAYSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 160

UTILITY BELT 2
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place up to two Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types on this card. Batman can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 2. Batman cannot lose these Equipment Glyphs by any means unless he is destroyed.

STRATEGIC DISCIPLINE
At the start of the round, before initiative is rolled, if one or more Order Markers are placed on this card, for the remainder of the round no unrevealed Order Markers on cards you control may be moved to any other cards.

ACROBATIC MOVEMENT
Batman never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After rolling attack dice for a normal attack or after rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Batman one space up to 6 levels up or down.

Quote:
Hello IAmBatman,
Since I put my differences aside for the users I was frustrated with I wanted to get back into playtesting for C3G. I couldn't accomplish a playtest the first time I signed up because I was in the middle of finals but now, I want to try again with first playtesting Batman. Please accept. All the best.
~NS, the surprise playtester.
Here is the report bat's, you do pretty good in them.

C3G Public Playtest Form

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT: BATMAN

THEME TEST: Are there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that do not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character should be able to do? Also consider whether or not this character's powers should affect destructible objects.
There are none.

FUN TEST: Was the unit fun to play?
Yes, The unit was difficult in some parts of the game but overall came out a fun and balanced unit.

FUN OPPOSITION TEST: Was the unit acceptable to play against? Could it be considered annoying?
Yes. The unit was equally balanced against my figures and did not take out to much, nor to little.

USAGE TEST: Were all of the powers on this card used, or at least usable?
All of the powers were used at some point in the game, yes.

STRATEGY TEST: Does the unit offer any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game?
None that I could notice while playtesting.

BONDING TEST: Compare the unit card with all currently existing Bonding abilities. Are there any Bonding loops that do not stop appropriately?
Nope.

SYNERGIES TEST: Think of all the current cards that would have synergy with the unit card. Are there any factors that could break the game by making a unit too powerful or too weak?
There are none that I could think of.

POWER CHECK: When considering the test unit against all existing units (including released C3V and SoV units) and all glyphs, are there any powers that could be overamplified and break the game? Each power should define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and what conditions (if any) apply.
All powers look balanced and well put into text.

DRAFTING TEST: Is this unit worth drafting?
Yes.

MIRROR TEST: Consider the test unit against itself. Are there any loops that would upset the balance of the Game?
It would be an equal match.

ARMY TEST 1

The unit performed well on the map and against the opposing army. The unit is also equally balanced and used his powers well in each match up.
PASS : The unit performed to it's best without any loop holes in the card itself or the powers, and stats. He killed his points and died around halfway through the game (which I consider good.) He is not over powered and is balanced in every other way.

Map: Custom Map (balanced)
Units: Army 1: Batman, 10th regiment of foot x3, MDG, Marcu. VS Army 2: Havoc Eradicators x3, Me-Burq-Sa, Raelin RotV, Agent Carr.
Units left at the end.
Spoiler Alert!

UNIT REPORT FOR BATMAN:
Spoiler Alert!

ARMY TEST 2

PASS . The unit performed to his best in both matches, even though the second battle was a reverse the whip he did just as fine as in the first one.

Map: Custom Map(balanced.)
Units: Army 1: reverse the whip. VS Army 2: reverse the whip.
UNITS THAT SURVIVED:
Spoiler Alert!

UNIT REPORT:
Spoiler Alert!

I hoped you liked it, if I can do anymore tests please tell me I want to contribute more. Also sorry for the shortness of each game hopefully that doesn't matter.
~NS

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 14th, 2013, 10:21 AM

He never responded to me about which glyphs Batman actually used in these tests, so I'm just posting it ....

Quote:
Quote:
Just need two things:

1. Could you put the point totals for each army after the armies listed?

2. Could you please explain why you answered "Fail" to one of the questions? Nothing wrong with failing something, but I'd love to know why.

Quote:
Here is the report.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
FAIL

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? PASS
- What should be the unit's point value? 160
- Give a brief overview. He was fun to play against and to play in your army. He is fast his powers fit his character and all his stats, powers, and abilities are balanced in every way. Overall good unit.
Map: Carnival of Carnage
Units: Batman, Captain Cold, 5th Precinct Beat Cops x3. VS. Bane, Gorilla City Warriors x2.
FIGURES THAT SURVIVED:
Spoiler Alert!

UNIT REPORT:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. Batman again was victorious in the match up with reverse the whip. The figures were however played differently than in the first battle with Bane killing more and with Batman not slaying bane.
Units: Reverse the whip.
FIGURES WHO SURVIVED:
Spoiler Alert!

UNIT REPORT:
Spoiler Alert!

Let me know if there is anything I missed.
~NS
Here is the report revised with the information that you need.

Here is the report: revised.

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
FAIL: A few certain Glyphs the unit would become to powerful and end up over throwing the game such as, Gerda, Astrid, Wannok, and Dagmar.

PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. He was fun to play against and to play in your army. He is fast his powers fit his character and all his stats, powers, and abilities are balanced in every way. Overall good unit.
Units: Batman, Captain Cold, 5th Precinct Beat Cops x3-445 points 11 hexes. VS. Bane, Gorilla City Warriors x2-440 points 7 hexes.
FIGURES THAT SURVIVED:
Spoiler Alert!

UNIT REPORT:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. Batman again was victorious in the match up with reverse the whip. The figures were however played differently than in the first battle with Bane killing more and with Batman not slaying bane.
Units: Reverse the whip.
FIGURES WHO SURVIVED:
Spoiler Alert!

UNIT REPORT:
Spoiler Alert!

Let me know if there is anything I missed.
~NS
Still looking for one more test here.

Old June 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Thanks, man! Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraptor5413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Batman Dick Grayson

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Pass
- Give a brief overview. Fun game I played him loke you suggested and I am not sure if I enjoyed playing Batman more or enjoyed finally having a way to use Iron Patriot. Strategic Discipline plus Chaotic Leadership is a evil combo not to mention Master Motivator I feel those let me take this game.
Map: Grundy's Graveyard
Units: Batman Dick Grayson, Dredevil, Iron Patriot, Robin Tim Drake, Alfred VS Joker II, Harley Quinn, Two-Face, Bane, Firefly, Mister Zsasz
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Pass
- Give a brief overview. Still fun changed up my team a bit and really shouldn't have gotten rid of Alfred but once again Master Motivator and the Chaotic Leadership Strategic Discipline combo took it.
Map: Grundy's Graveyard
Units: Batman Dick Grayson, Robin Tim Drake, Iron Patriot, Punisher VS Ra's Al Ghul, Psylocke, Man-Bat Assassinas Elite League Assassins
Spoiler Alert!

Old June 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Right now I'm between 170 and 180 on him. Hopefully we'll get some more tests still to help nail that down. I think he's over 160 for sure.

Old June 15th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, over 160

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Perfect! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver
Whoops! How did I miss that? Thanks!

Quote:
Awesome! Could you please put down the point totals for the second army in each test, though?

Thanks!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Batman (Dick Grayson)

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass, though Strategic Discipline may not come into affect most of the time, it‘s still useful to have around when it does.

Pass.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- Give a brief overview. Though his Strategic Discipline never came into use, Batman did do a good job fighting with Aerobatic Maneuvers.
Map: Quasatch Playground
Units: Batman (Grayson) w/ Batarang and First Aid, Robin (Tim), Punisher, Iron Patriot, Beat Cops x2 (880 pts) vs. Solovar, Gorilla-Man, Super Ape (Mikhlo), Gorilla City Warriors x2 (870 pts)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- Give a brief overview. Deadpool absolutely dominated this game. Batman (Grayson) managed to buy the Vigilante Team some necessary time to attempt to take Deadpool down, but everyone‘s dice went south and Deadpool held on long enough to finish the game. Joker‘s Organized Chaos never acted, since the Batman team one initiative, and Batman (Grayson) died early on once the Insane group started winning init.
Map: Quasatch Playground
Units: Batman (Grayson) w/ Batarang and Police Scanner, Robin (Tim), Punisher, Batman (II) with Batarang, Police Scanner, and First Aid, Beat Cops x2 (840 pts) vs. Joker (I), Harley Quinn, Joker Goons, Deadpool, Hugo Strange (880 pts)
Spoiler Alert!

Old June 17th, 2013, 12:24 PM

And this definitely makes me think 180 would be too high. I've got one more test coming from Arch-vile, so I'll wait for that, but I'm really narrowing down on 170 right now.

Old June 17th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

170 would be great - he'd pair up with Damian for an even 250.
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM

Ooh, and then you could throw in Bruce 2.0 for a nice even 500.

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:15 PM

Ooh, that was a rough one!

Thanks!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile
Here is part two of my playtest. This test wasn't too helpful in pinpointing his cost, but at least I found out he doesn't help Iron Patriot much!

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Batman (Dick Grayson)

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No?Yes
- Give a brief overview. Iron Patriot is weak enough defensively that Dick’s detective work isn’t super helpful for him. Dick is better as a counter draft to figures like Joker, with Vigilante helping figures like Alfred and Robin. Nite Owl would be a good partner as well. While Dick is good at taking down squad figures, a single attack of 5 just doesn’t cut in in C3G. He needs a sidekick or some other help to be worth his points.
Map: Under the El (Electrified Track glyph)
Units: Batman (Dick), Iron Patriot, Green Lantern (Guy Gardner), Venom C3G (1000) vs Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawkmen of Thanagar x3, Flash (Barry Allen) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:15 PM

OK, I feel really good about 170 giving him enough cushion for when more helpful Utility Glyphs come along! I propose we move to Final Editing at 170 points!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library