Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 17th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Book of Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

The Book of Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 16
RULING THE RABBLE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Age of Ultron set.
Its model number and name are #003 / Ant-Man.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Age of Ultron: Classic Avengers Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #001 / Ant-Man.

Character Bio - Years after Hank Pym hung up his Ant-Man suit for good, former petty crook Scott Lang stole the suit from Pym's home. Rather than using it for profit, Scott used its powers to save his daughter Cassie, and put an end to the schemes of Darren Cross, a ruthless industrialist and would-be supervillain. Scott impressed Pym enough that he was allowed to keep the suit, and he became the second Ant-Man. As Ant-Man, Scott is a frequent member of the Avengers, striving always to be someone his daughter could be proud of.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Ant-Man may activate an Insect Hero with his Amateur Insect Control special power. Current Insects.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
BenefitsWeaknesses

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 07:24 PM. Reason: png
Old March 17th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

NAME = ANT-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = SCOTT LANG

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = THIEF
PERSONALITY = TRICKY
SIZE/HEIGHT = TINY 2

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENCE = 4

POINTS = 80

INSECT CONTROL 1
Before taking a turn with Ant-Man, you may first take a turn with a Common Insect Hero you control.

SMALL BUT MIGHTY
Figures that are not tiny roll 2 fewer dice when attacking Ant-Man with a normal attack, to a minimum of 1 die, and roll 2 fewer dice when attacked by Ant-Man's normal attack.

TINY THIEF
Ant-Man cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight, can move through all figures, and only takes leaving engagement attacks from tiny figures. Ant-Man never takes falling damage and may ignore his height of 2 when climbing. After moving and before attacking, if there is not a glyph on this card, you may choose a figure that Ant-Man moved through this turn with at least one Equipment Glyph on its card and place a glyph from that card on this card.

Original Design:
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Arkham; June 17th, 2020 at 09:49 PM.
Old March 17th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Hard as ice

Comic
Spoiler Alert!

Mini
Spoiler Alert!

Background
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; April 2nd, 2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old March 17th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, I just wanted to post a quick rundown of some of my thought processes with this design:

1) He has Amateur Insect Control off Eric because he thematically needed to be able to do it, but giving him full Radio Insect Control from Hank would have cheapened Hank’s role as the primary Insect commander, something I was unwilling to do, especially since Hank is the original and, to many people (though not myself), still most iconic, Ant-Man.

2) Small but Mighty is intended to be this guy’s signature power, my attempt at giving him a role that’s distinct and different from the other Ant-Men available. Hank’s, as I said, the insect commander, Eric’s the flying, disappearing irritant with Agent synergies, so with Scott, I wanted to explore a direction the other Ant-Men haven’t yet - namely, I wanted to represent the combat potential afforded to him by his tiny size, how it makes him hard to see coming, tricky to hit, and how it allowing him to put his full strength into a punch on a point the size of a pin prick makes him a surprisingly effective fighter. As such, opponents roll 2 fewer attack and defence dice against him - he is, basically, the combat Ant-Man, and hopefully a fairly useful filler unit.

3) Tiny Thief, as well as incorporating Tiny Stealth, is meant to represent one of the more distinct differences in his role and character from the other Ant-Men - the fact that he is, well, a Thief. As such, he is able, like Black Cat, to steal glyphs from enemy figures he passes through. I didn’t want to make this his main thing, which is definitely Small but Mighty, as I don’t want him to feel restricted to matches where someone’s carrying a glyph or there’s one on the board, but it should hopefully be a helpful, fun and thematic touch in those matchups.

4) His class is Thief for fairly obvious reasons, given Point 3. This will give him synergy with Amanda Waller and the Crime Alley Crooks (and Ventriloquist, but... yeah, no). I don’t mind these synergies in the least, in fact I like them (given the fact that he was a former master thief who was given the choice to be Ant-Man by Hank as a last chance to redeem himself, I don’t feel him being drafted into the Suicide Squad is too far out there) but I don’t want him to feel like his Thief synergies are necessary or fundamental to playing him effectively - if the Suicide Squad is a fun and viable build for him then that’s great, but I don’t want it to be at the expense of seeing him run with the Avengers, which is honestly the primary build I have in mind for him. I doubt this will be the case, especially given that Amateur Insect Control requires you to reveal an OM on his card to use it, but I thought I should clarify my thoughts on his synergies.

With that said, I know he’s not ready to undergo any official playtesting yet, and I know that I’m not allowed to do the initial playtesting anyway, but I ran an unofficial, preliminary test for him a few weeks ago and thought it might be helpful to post it.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Preliminary Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs)
Armies:
Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (70 points), Captain America (C3G), Bucky, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Giant Man, 3x Killer Bee, 4x Fire Ant Swarm (995)
vs.
Red Skull (C3G), 2x Hydra Agents, Black Adam, Titanium Man (1,000)

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 17th, 2017, 02:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As far as your mini background idea...My son actually has a wooden Thomas set so maybe I can set it up for a few photos. I love the comic art with the bullets flying. Great suggestion.

The only thing that's worrisome for me is that with the class of Thief he will be caught up in that synergy web which will be expanded. I don't know if I'd classify his Avenger's self to be a thief and his power get the theme and utility of his skill as a thief across just fine. Of course I don't have an alternate idea yet.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 17th, 2017, 02:09 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Perhaps:

SMALL BUT MIGHTY
Figures that are not Tiny subtract 2 from their attack dice when attacking Ant-Man, to a minimum of 1, and subtract 2 from their defense dice when attacked by Ant-Man with an adjacent normal attack.
Old March 17th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
As far as your mini background idea...My son actually has a wooden Thomas set so maybe I can set it up for a few photos. I love the comic art with the bullets flying. Great suggestion.
That would actually be awesome if you could - my one worry with doing something based on that scene was just finding an appropriate still, and that would fix that issue if it is one, so thanks for the offer.

Quote:
The only thing that's worrisome for me is that with the class of Thief he will be caught up in that synergy web which will be expanded. I don't know if I'd classify his Avenger's self to be a thief and his power get the theme and utility of his skill as a thief across just fine. Of course I don't have an alternate idea yet.
Yeah, if we have a better idea and think it's necessary to cut Thief, then we can. Personally, I like it, and I don't really think it or its synergies are weirder here than on, for example, Gambit, but if others disagree or it gets in the way of Avengers-style builds, I can see it changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Perhaps:

SMALL BUT MIGHTY
Figures that are not Tiny subtract 2 from their attack dice when attacking Ant-Man, to a minimum of 1, and subtract 2 from their defense dice when attacked by Ant-Man with an adjacent normal attack.
Thanks - that's pretty much exactly what I was hoping to do. Glad to see you don't feel the need to give a minimum defence - I quite like unboosted HYDRA Agents being unable to defend against him.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 17th, 2017, 02:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just a few comments on formatting in the SP, whatever is put there is copy and pasted by the art team when making the card so it is important to have the format correct or you are asking the art team to do the formatting for you. All capital letters for the power names with no underline, no underline on the name to size section. Stuff like that, just look at a released card to see what needs to be what.

As for the design, are we married to 1 life here because Hank & Janet were both 1 life on their first cards? If this is suppose to be the 'combat' Ant-man, I could see going to 2 or 3 life.

On the test you ran, it looks like you never bonded with the ants. Did they end up having an impact on the game at all as a result? That would factor into the final results some if you were essentially playing down 45 points. Also how did you compute extra wounds and wounds blocked by small but mighty? The power has you roll less dice so you wouldn't really know how many wounds you avoided unless you rolled the lost dice later just to see what they would have been. Is that what you did here?
Old March 17th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just a few comments on formatting in the SP, whatever is put there is copy and pasted by the art team when making the card so it is important to have the format correct or you are asking the art team to do the formatting for you. All capital letters for the power names with no underline, no underline on the name to size section. Stuff like that, just look at a released card to see what needs to be what.
Fixed.

Quote:
As for the design, are we married to 1 life here because Hank & Janet were both 1 life on their first cards? If this is suppose to be the 'combat' Ant-man, I could see going to 2 or 3 life.
I'm not really married to it, and I could definitely see dropping his defence by 1 and bumping his Life to 2 or 3 - whichever way people think would work best, if other people aren't bugged by the inconsistency with the other Ant-Men. I guess Wasp II makes that inconsistency consistent.

Quote:
On the test you ran, it looks like you never bonded with the ants. Did they end up having an impact on the game at all as a result? That would factor into the final results some if you were essentially playing down 45 points.
Scott never had reason to bond with them since the Bee seemed a better choice at every stage. The Ants were still a help however, since they were able to use their Swarm Tunnel to engage and tie down enemy forces, which is honestly how I usually use them anyway - think a poor man's Deathreavers.
Quote:
Also how did you compute extra wounds and wounds blocked by small but mighty? The power has you roll less dice so you wouldn't really know how many wounds you avoided unless you rolled the lost dice later just to see what they would have been. Is that what you did here?
Yeah, that's what I did - just rolled the dice to see how it changed what happened. Thought it would be helpful for the sake of the test-sheet.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 17th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Make sure to send a PM to all the Heroes. I believe a post in the Promotions thread is standard as well. Otherwise, good work on your first unit thread!

As for the design, I love it! I am worried about Thief synergies driving too much of his cost/builds, but I'm willing to tweak that as we go. Same with Life of 1. I could see it higher, but I'm also fine where it's at now.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 17th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Make sure to send a PM to all the Heroes. I believe a post in the Promotions thread is standard as well. Otherwise, good work on your first unit thread!
Done, and thanks!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 17th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
As for the design, I love it! I am worried about Thief synergies driving too much of his cost/builds, but I'm willing to tweak that as we go. Same with Life of 1. I could see it higher, but I'm also fine where it's at now.
to this. Really solid direction here.

Personally, I actually wouldn't go for Thief. Not a deal-breaker, but I feel like Tiny Thief gets enough of that flavor across, since Scott is more ex-thief than thief. He does pull from his thieving skill-set in superheroing, but he doesn't go and rob a casino on his day off (whereas the other relatively heroic Thieves like Black Cat and Gambit absolutely do stuff like that).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library