Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 21st, 2018, 10:59 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New 52 And DC Rebirth Workshop

I'll leave The Drowned for last- she's the one we all seem to have most disagreement on rn so let's clear up the other 5 first

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 21st, 2018, 10:59 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
THE ONE WHO DOES THE DROWNING
If Batwoman is within 2 spaces of a water space and an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a special power on the card of a figure within 4 spaces of Batwoman, if they roll 6 or lower, that figure receives a wound.
Then instead of 'Mera can't use Aquakinesis', Mera tries to use Aquakinesis and it turns into a duel between her and The Drowned. It feels a lot more dynamic to me, and it would be relevant in other non-Mera situations as well.
Hmm.... or maybe keep Aquakinesis and make it something like this (riffing off Dispel a little bit here).

If Batwoman is within 2 spaces of a water space and an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a special power on the card of a figure within 4 spaces of Batwoman, you may also roll the 20-sided die. If your roll is higher than your opponent's their power has no effect and, if you also roll a 16 or higher, you may immediately use Aquakinesis.

Still allows you to use Aquakinesis aggressively rather than reactively, gets across that duel feeling you were talking about and allows her to strike back.
I'm iffy on the Dispel mechanic just because it's potentially a lot of rolling, and it gets more nightmarish against figures with multiple d20 rolls (like Aquakinesis).

The last sentence is a no-go for me - using Aquakinesis in the middle of another figure's turn is way too disruptive, and it weirdly gives Aquakinesis the potential to disrupt itself. (Use Aquakinesis, try to move Jean, Jean rolls for Psionic Grip, you beat her roll and get to use Aquakinesis again...)

I'll have some updated thoughts on the updated designs in a bit.
Those points about Psionic Grip are fair enough - hadn't thought of that. You're also right about it being too many D20 rolls - just had an idea and didn't think it through enough. I just thought using an instead of attacking power reactively would be fine since there are so many instead of moving powers that you can use reactively.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 21st, 2018, 11:04 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Wait- disregard my previous question about 3 or 4 dice- I was misreading it as you had to roll 5 shields for it to kick in rather than 5 dice overall

On a related note however, in it current form, Nth Metal Mace will NOT detract from his defence dice- if we ever did get the Dark Knights fully made, would it be possible to change the rules for Nth Metal Mace to affect Nightmares as well as Undead?
I couldn't see why not - it was retroactively changed to affect Magical Defence figures, after all.
Missed this before, but I'd be fine with that - if it were more widespread, I'd be iffy on it, but it's a power only three cards have.
Old November 21st, 2018, 11:14 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If Batwoman is within 2 spaces of a water space and an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a special power on the card of a figure within 4 spaces of Batwoman, if they roll 6 or lower, that figure receives a wound.
Then instead of 'Mera can't use Aquakinesis', Mera tries to use Aquakinesis and it turns into a duel between her and The Drowned. It feels a lot more dynamic to me, and it would be relevant in other non-Mera situations as well.
Hmm.... or maybe keep Aquakinesis and make it something like this (riffing off Dispel a little bit here).

If Batwoman is within 2 spaces of a water space and an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a special power on the card of a figure within 4 spaces of Batwoman, you may also roll the 20-sided die. If your roll is higher than your opponent's their power has no effect and, if you also roll a 16 or higher, you may immediately use Aquakinesis.

Still allows you to use Aquakinesis aggressively rather than reactively, gets across that duel feeling you were talking about and allows her to strike back.
I'm iffy on the Dispel mechanic just because it's potentially a lot of rolling, and it gets more nightmarish against figures with multiple d20 rolls (like Aquakinesis).

The last sentence is a no-go for me - using Aquakinesis in the middle of another figure's turn is way too disruptive, and it weirdly gives Aquakinesis the potential to disrupt itself. (Use Aquakinesis, try to move Jean, Jean rolls for Psionic Grip, you beat her roll and get to use Aquakinesis again...)

I'll have some updated thoughts on the updated designs in a bit.
Those points about Psionic Grip are fair enough - hadn't thought of that. You're also right about it being too many D20 rolls - just had an idea and didn't think it through enough. I just thought using an instead of attacking power reactively would be fine since there are so many instead of moving powers that you can use reactively.
I'm potentially okay with a reactive "instead of attacking" power. Really just the particular combination of criteria and power here that I wanted to speak to.
Old November 24th, 2018, 10:55 PM
Symbiotic

Okay, so updated thoughts on the new drafts (now that I've done some reading up)

Quote:
NAME = THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS
Amazo is an Event Hero because there's a lot of pressure on high-end Androids to be Event due to Mad Thinker (we're working on that, though). Also because it means he's tough enough to tackle a couple Leaguers.

Honestly, I'd still push Problems to Solve even simpler. Like, something on the order of this:

Quote:
Before each attack with The Batman Who Laughs, you may choose one special power on the defending figure's Army Card. That figure may not use that special power when defending against this attack.
I just think it has a little much going on right now, and tying it too much to his normal attack makes the SA a little less usable.

Quote:
NAME = BATMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = THE RED DEATH
After reading, I still think I'd go "The Red Death (Bruce Wayne)" as the naming convention for these guys.

I'm not sure if he really needs a power to represent Barry's influence on him - I didn't see Barry ever get Bruce to do anything, just interject to no avail.

And 2 auto-wounds is still a really meaty hit. The Cosmic Control Rod is pretty nasty and it only has a 15% chance of hitting for 2 wounds, when wielded by Annihilus. (That is, admittedly, in addition to attacking rather than instead of). 3 wounds is just an awful lot to do at once - I'd rather see the roll come down or the downside eliminated than keep the roll high and have it hit for 3 wounds.

Quote:
NAME = BATMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = THE MERCILESS

You're right, he is meant to have SS- though I'm not 100% sure on flying? The helmet is meant to give him Ares full Olympian god powers so it'd make sense, but I can't remember if he's ever actually shown being able to fly.
I was keeping an eye out for it and I didn't see him fly either - I'd probably just skip it.
Old November 25th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Amazo's also an event hero because he traditionally takes on large parts of the Justice League and facing him tends to be on "event" levels. He's also particularly hard to destroy and mind control by enemies.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 6th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's one I've been working on a bit, from the New Age of Heroes. He's looking like he may show up in the new season of Young Justice as well.

Quote:

NAME = BRIMSTONE
SECRET IDENTITY = JOSEPH CHAMBERLAIN
SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220

CREATURE OF HELLFIRE

Brimstone may cast Spells with Hellfire in the name as if he had the Magical Defense special power. While Brimstone is casting a Spell, whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well.

EVERYTHING BURNS
Before taking a turn with Brimstone, you must roll 1 unblockable attack die against all figures adjacent to him.

MAGIC RESISTANCE
When Brimstone is attacked by an opponent's figure that has the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Brimstone can take for this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Here's one I've been working on a bit, from the New Age of Heroes. He's looking like he may show up in the new season of Young Justice as well.

Quote:

NAME = BRIMSTONE
SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220

CREATURE OF HELLFIRE

Brimstone may cast Spells with Hellfire in the name as if he had the Magical Defense special power. While Brimstone is casting a Spell, whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well.

EVERYTHING BURNS
Before taking a turn with Brimstone, you must roll 1 unblockable attack die against all figures adjacent to him.

MAGIC RESISTANCE
When Brimstone is attacked by an opponent's figure that has the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Brimstone can take for this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

I like Curse Of Brimstone a lot, so I'm definitely pleased to see a design for him

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool! I like the idea of a more robust spell-caster. (even if he’s just a hellfire one) Don’t know the character, but he looks fun.

Does anyone have any ideas for Jack Napier from White Knight?
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Essentially he's a teenager who accidentally makes a deal with a (unbeknownst to him at the time) devil to "put his (dying) town on the map." This devil turns him into Brimstone with the purpose of destroying the town, giving it recognition for the supernatural demise the devil tried to bring about.

After this, Joe goes traveling across the nation hunting down this devil to take him down.
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

Quote:

NAME = BRIMSTONE
SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220

CREATURE OF HELLFIRE

EVERYTHING BURNS

MAGIC RESISTANCE

SUPER STRENGTH
Very interesting. I think I like it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Essentially he's a teenager who accidentally makes a deal with a (unbeknownst to him at the time) devil to "put his (dying) town on the map." This devil turns him into Brimstone with the purpose of destroying the town, giving it recognition for the supernatural demise the devil tried to bring about.

After this, Joe goes traveling across the nation hunting down this devil to take him down.
So did he actually kill everyone in his hometown? Cause that’s pretty dark.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy