Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old May 18th, 2020, 02:06 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Here is a link to all the polls where we are asking the community at large to help us set the boundaries for the project in terms of complexity, power-level, synergies, and generals.

Polls
Poll #1: Power-level is here
Poll #2: Generals is here
Poll #3: Synergy is here
Poll #4: Complexity is here

Please check out each one and vote if you haven't already!

We are looking for volunteers! If you would like to volunteer just contact me or post in this thread.

Just a note that each poll is non-binding. We will be using these to help us determine how to best serve the community, but we of course reserve the right to do what we think is best in any given case.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; May 18th, 2020 at 03:12 AM.
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:17 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I have now shared that post in facebook and discord. Please consider adding it to your signature for the next couple of weeks to get the word out more.

I'll be reaching out to see about getting a mention in the front page of Heroscapers and/or in the Codex.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:59 AM

I resurrected the Brainstorming thread. Have a look.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Putting this in its own post to simplify sharing and vote tracking. @infectedsloth @Splash @Shiftrex @boromir96 @Ninja Status please vote!

Quote:
Option A: each design is owned by a single person
Option B: each design is owned by a team of people

State your preference below.

Votes so far:
Option A: @White Knight
Option B: @capsocrates @Shiftrex @Ninja Status @Splash
Infectedsloth is sick and probably won't check in to vote anytime soon. Should we wait any longer before calling this and moving on to the next question?

@boromir96 , do you have an opinion here?

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 10:38 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would vote B. I like the idea of a team of 3 handling each design, with the option to be on teams for multiple designs.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old May 18th, 2020, 02:15 PM

I went ahead and called the vote over in the voting thread; 5-1 in favor of design teams.

It seemed like most people preferred design teams of 3 people instead of 5? Do we need to bother voting on that? I kind of like the idea of leaving it dynamic. As long as it is at least 3, not huge, and an odd number I don't really care how big they are.

If we don't need to vote on that I think the next procedure to figure out is Council-or-not and/or how HoME membership works. We have an ongoing vote regarding where brainstorming should happen.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:30 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
And we might focus on finishing basic designs on the Fellowship before we run play-testing or really finish any one card, just as a gauge to see if they all feel right together and everyone is generally happy/satisfied with how they all together have turned out. I feel this is important to have done, so we don't see designs deviate too much going in and can get a baseline of what HoME designs should be, before working on any more.
I'm concerned trying to do 9 at once that all work together may be too many. Doing that many cards at once + making them all work together + balancing them together are each hard enough on their own. Doing all three at once is too ambitious for a project just starting out. I would stick to about half of the fellowship at a time. Do the non-hobbits first, then do the four hobbits next. The four hobbits will be more like filler, at least in the Fellowship, so they won't be as much work to balance.
That's fair. Not all at once, but in close enough succession, however, that we can really pin down what a HoME design should look like (aside from the old designs which I also think serve as pretty good examples of what we should go for), as we are currently deciding how complex they should be, etc. Also, even if we fully playtest and pass/officialize one or two, while the last one or two are still in design, moreso what I'm saying is I think we should get the initial 9 done or in line before people might want to design, Tom Bombadil, Shelob, or a bartender at The Prancing Pony. Essentially, big important characters (The Fellowship having most of them) should be done so we have something to compare to when we do lesser knowns.
Here's a suggestion:
Instead of taking a huge bite of the nine most important cards right out of the gate with a new group, un-proven process, unknown team dynamics, etc. how about do one or two less important/less complex designs first? Design some things that are minor characters or don't have a lot of synergy. Make Beorn or Moria Goblins or Thorin or Balin or Uruk-Hai Crossbowmen. Something that gets you going without having to navigate all of the "newness" on your most important figures.
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:32 PM

That may be very wise, Porkins.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:33 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree with those ideas. 3+ for an official group that takes responsibility for a custom sounds like a nice place to be or to try. But yeah, let's discuss the council or not thing and how membership works.

Obviously to begin with, we want everyone that is interested to participate so any sort of membership requirements shouldnt be struct beyond being 1. Active and 2. Willing to work as a team with the vision our polls dictate.

I think you've laid out how a council works already in your posts Cap, I see the benefit. Its project management but we obviously want to ensure that nothing stalls us out. There was talk of the council being the problem before or rather the lack of a way to replace inactive people on a council. How do we address those concerns?

I also agree with what Porkins just posted. I'd like to poke at some common squads or lesser characters. Thorin's company has a long list, heck the three cave trolls would even be a fun unique squad or something.

For instance, I just ordered these unpainted figs from gamesworkshop

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US...-Warriors-2018

Definitely good material for squads
Old May 18th, 2020, 03:16 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Ok. Teams of 3+ for each design.

Do we have a list of HoME members yet? I'm counting 7 members so far.
Did I miss anyone?

@White Knight
@capsocrates
@Shiftrex
@Ninja Status
@Splash
@boromir96
@infectedsloth
Old May 18th, 2020, 03:31 PM

@Chris Perkins and @Archie97 have also expressed interest and will be dropping in soon.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

HoME Members

@Shiftrex
@Ninja Status
@Splash
@boromir96
@infectedsloth
@Chris Perkins
@Archie97
@capsocrates
@White Knight

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs