Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old December 5th, 2017, 02:01 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline: December 3; Word Limit: 4000

Wait a minute...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I'm afraid I'm not going to make this one without a needlessly long extension (and I am first and foremost for saying that the flow of prompts is more important than competition itself) so I'm going to back down from this one.

Long story short the main reason this one wasn't working is because of the reason all my other entries have worked in the past. My best works (according to me anyway) are all very character-driven, especially in regard to the protagonist and antagonist. This one was not so much, at least in its current state.

It's a promising premise though, so I will continue to work on it without the pressures of time and word-limits and release it as its own story when it's done and actually meets my standards. But it won't see the light of day in this particular thread.

~TAF, conceding
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prompt
I've got what I believe is a really challenging mission for you contestants. I have always been moved by stories of valor and duty, where the strong protect the weak. So here's your mission; Write a guardian story. I really want to get inside your character (s) head on this one, so bonus points if you use a solitary guardian. The unexpected is expected. One final challenge make me cry.
Oh my! TAF sneaks it in! His tale meets all the requirements: it is a story of duty and valor, as TAF struggles to keep the contest alive at the sacrifice of his own entry. It is a tale of protection, as he guards the contest against the forces of inactivity. And as El said, it made him cry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL
Tears, I really wanted to see your work. Ping me a link in pm when you ship it out!
Well played, sir. Well played.

~TGRF, with a prompt shortly.
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:19 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Prompt Pending...

Family

The weather turns colder, and snow threatens the sky. People no longer stray far from their homes, venturing out only briefly in times of need. The holiday season is here. It's a time of joy, singing, and snow. And to me, it's a time of family. It's a time to draw closer once more, and surround yourself with those who are the most important ones in your life.

And that's the kind of tale I want: one of family. I want your entry to concern family in some way. This doesn't mean I want tales exclusively about 'the power of family' or some such, though you are certainly welcome to write such a story. But stretch your horizons. Is someone perhaps betrayed by their family? How does that affect them? Do they find a new family? What does that mean for the one they left behind? Use your imagination; the only requirement is that family be at the center of it somehow. It can even be a tale about someone forsaking his family if the desire strikes you.

Inspiration:
Spoiler Alert!

I'm setting the word limit at 8K. Should be enough to allow for a good amount of set up, and still low enough to cause some editing if you get too long-winded.

Deadline is set at January 5th.

~TGRF.
Old December 5th, 2017, 09:37 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline: January 5th; Word Limit: 8K

As an avid writer, I'm glad to see that there's a fiction section on the site! I don't know if I'll have enough time to make an entry (I can't even seem to find the time to finish my own novels), but I'll keep an eye on this thread in the future.

But if I ever do enter, I can almost guarantee that I won't be writing 8,000 words.

Congratulations on keeping this contest going for so long, guys!
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

8000 you say?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 6th, 2017, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
8000 you say?

~TAF
Well emphasis on the 'limit' part of that. No need to turn out an exact 8K word tale if you could do it in 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
As an avid writer, I'm glad to see that there's a fiction section on the site! I don't know if I'll have enough time to make an entry (I can't even seem to find the time to finish my own novels), but I'll keep an eye on this thread in the future.

But if I ever do enter, I can almost guarantee that I won't be writing 8,000 words.

Congratulations on keeping this contest going for so long, guys!
Welcome to the competition! Glad to see some new blood! We're in sore need of more writers, so if the fancy strikes you, don't hesitate to whip something up. Besides, newcomers have a record of winning their first prompt.

Seriously. I think a newcomer has lost only once.

~TGRF.
Old December 6th, 2017, 02:49 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the welcome! If I have time, I'll try to put something out. Valhalla is a pretty big world with plenty of stories to tell, after all. And I can always use a break from writing my other stuff. No promises, though!
Old December 6th, 2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Thanks for the welcome! If I have time, I'll try to put something out. Valhalla is a pretty big world with plenty of stories to tell, after all. And I can always use a break from writing my other stuff. No promises, though!
Valhalla is perfect. You can literally tell any tale you want if you use the homeworlds. Want to write fantasy? Feylund is there. Sci-Fi? Alpha Prime is ready. Zombies? Either Feylund for fantasy zombies, or Marr if you don't mind using marro and having sentient apes with guns as protagonists. Historical? Earth. Literally anything you want? Icaria. Some sort of desperation tale? Grut. Want to mash everything together into epicness? Valhalla.

HeroScape is amazingly perfect for fan fiction.

~TGRF.
Old December 13th, 2017, 06:38 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Family

The weather turns colder, and snow threatens the sky. People no longer stray far from their homes, venturing out only briefly in times of need. The holiday season is here. It's a time of joy, singing, and snow. And to me, it's a time of family. It's a time to draw closer once more, and surround yourself with those who are the most important ones in your life.

And that's the kind of tale I want: one of family. I want your entry to concern family in some way. This doesn't mean I want tales exclusively about 'the power of family' or some such, though you are certainly welcome to write such a story. But stretch your horizons. Is someone perhaps betrayed by their family? How does that affect them? Do they find a new family? What does that mean for the one they left behind? Use your imagination; the only requirement is that family be at the center of it somehow. It can even be a tale about someone forsaking his family if the desire strikes you.

Inspiration:
Spoiler Alert!

I'm setting the word limit at 8K. Should be enough to allow for a good amount of set up, and still low enough to cause some editing if you get too long-winded.

~TGRF.
Rubs hands together. I'm going to destroy your childhood in the most bizarre way possible (nicely of course).

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old December 13th, 2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Family

Inspiration:
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.
Rubs hands together. I'm going to destroy your childhood in the most bizarre way possible (nicely of course).
Good luck with that mate.

~TGRF, glad to have an entry on its way.
Old December 27th, 2017, 04:42 PM

So... any entries in the works?

~TGRF.
Old December 27th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

~TGRF.
I scrapped my original idea and returned to last entry since that could technically fit the bill of this prompt too. We'll just see if I can make it work this time, in time.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 28th, 2017, 03:19 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

~TGRF.
yeah, it's coming slowly though. The holidays were obscenely busy, and now I'm playing catch up at work.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction