Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old September 9th, 2010, 12:13 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Is there anywhere to get this besides online stores? I've been looking at it a little lately, and suprisingly, it caught my intrest. I say suprisingly because I used to play Magic, but got out of it when it became who ever could buy the most cards won, and all the other card games I looked at pretty much looked the same way. This on the other hand appears to be the opposite, it looks like Truth put the strategy back into card games.
Did you ask your FLGS? Mine carries it and has had to restock it twice already that I know of.
Is there something wrong with ordering it online? Remember you get the free Queso card if you order it from Plaid Hat. And a must order is the premium board.

Old September 9th, 2010, 12:22 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Is there anywhere to get this besides online stores? I've been looking at it a little lately, and suprisingly, it caught my intrest. I say suprisingly because I used to play Magic, but got out of it when it became who ever could buy the most cards won, and all the other card games I looked at pretty much looked the same way. This on the other hand appears to be the opposite, it looks like Truth put the strategy back into card games.
Did you ask your FLGS? Mine carries it and has had to restock it twice already that I know of.
Is there something wrong with ordering it online? Remember you get the free Queso card if you order it from Plaid Hat. And a must order is the premium board.
Well actually there are no more Quesos. They are all out. But yes, the premium board is a must have.
Old September 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

There is nothing wrong with ordering online. The benefit of ordering it in store is that there is a chance the store orders enough to put on the shelf. One demo and the game sells itself. The more units sell, the faster we get expansions.
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:33 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I may have missed this, but does anyone know if the faction packs (Vangaurds/Fallen Kingdom) have gotten to resellers yet? I know coolstuff still has it listed as preorder, but I thought it was or had already shipped out.
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't know about resellers, but I know they've shipped because I got mine a couple of weeks ago. But I ordered directly from Plaid Hat Games.
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Preview #15
Malevolence

Ruling from the ruins of Shell Castle on the Isle of Maenos, the witch known only as Malevolence is queen over nothing. There she broods, desiring wealth and fame, and angry that she has neither after selling her soul for a weapon of unwholesome origin. She will gladly offer her services to any Summoner who can afford her exorbitant fee, and who can stomach her need for constant flattery.

BGG Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/806831/summoner-wars
Old September 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We are looking for Summoner Wars playtesters

If you want to become part of our playtesting team you can fill out the application found here: http://www.summonerwars.com/playtester_application.doc

Email the completed application to colby at plaidhatgames.com and we will take it into consideration. We will only be taking on a limited number of applicants, though even if we don't bring you on right away your application will remain on file with us for the future.
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Expansion Deck Review

Not that anyone who has played the Starter set will need convincing, but Tom Vassal has posted a nice little review of the Premium board along with the two new Faction decks.
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Beautiful Colby

Preview #16
Holleas

There are those among the Phoenix Elves who mutter that it was Holleas who was meant to hold a Summoning Stone – not Elien. Holleas is but one of a handful of individuals across Itharia with a natural penchant for summoning – most rely on a stone for their power. Ever since she was a small Elfling, so many hundreds of years ago, Holleas found she had an affinity for communicating with and calling the Fire Beasts held in the Phoenix Elves stables. She can bring the creatures directly to herself, no need for the bulky walls of the Summoners.

BGG Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/812393/summoner-wars
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:00 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Simply awesome!!!

Just an FYI for anyone coming to TotalCon in Massachusettes in February...there will be a Summoner Wars tournament each day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) as well as Learn To Plays...so if you have been sitting on the fence on this game (although I cant see why you would be) you cancome try it out there.
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:00 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

My son and I take turns playing as Fallen Kingdom. FK is undefeated so far but I think I am getting close to a win with the Vanguards. Rolling 2 ones and a two and then one two and two ones the next turn sure didn't help my last game.

Old September 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Finally purchased Fallen Kingdom and the Vanguards and played last night. As always my wife and I had a close game--one life left for Ret-Talus as I took out Sera. This is definitely my favorite game, and is vying for the #2 spot on my list of things I like to do with the Mrs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games