Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 11th, 2006, 06:46 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Nakitas unfair?? (rant coming)

Ok Im havin a hard time with this.

Not so much understanding it, but agreeing with it...

Its been discussed to death and ruled by hasbro that once the Nakitas roll and achieve smoke powder none of the rest of a squad can target them or any adjacent blah blah blah..... I understand this and agree with the reasoning (although I didnt at first) that no one fig has a turn etc etc...

But why is it flipped around for the agents themselves...In otherwords why do they get to roll for powder after each squad member targets them??

If MA line A targets and they fail why do they get to usurp the no fig gets a turn rule and roll for powder again when MA line B targets them?!? The first roll should stand for the turn IMO

It seems a double standard, this just came up in a game where blastatrons were targeting my nakita and I failed to roll for powder on the first one so we ruled it stood for the entire squad, it seemed only fair.

I dont know if Im makng myself clear, but its always discussed the other way regarding the targeting figs and thier "turn", and this question is cited as an example, insinuating that it is legal for the agents to roll after each squad member targets them...why....I think they should be subject to the same standards as every other squad....

OK, I'm done
Questions, opinions, verbal lashings.....
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:14 PM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What about Stealth Dodge? Is it fair for that to apply to all attacks from a squad, or just the first?

What about Tough, Counterstrike, Scatter, Stealth Dodge, Shields of Valor, Disappearing Ninja etc?

The ability triggers each time the unit is attacked and the conditions met, just like any other defense ability.

Glory to the Many.
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:20 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehandofzarquon
What about Stealth Dodge? Is it fair for that to apply to all attacks from a squad, or just the first?

What about Tough, Counterstrike, Scatter, Stealth Dodge, Shields of Valor, Disappearing Ninja etc?

The ability triggers each time the unit is attacked and the conditions met, just like any other defense ability.
Agreed those abilities and others are triggered when the unit is attacked.
However The powder ability is triggered when they are targeted
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehandofzarquon

I would have to agree
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
*shrug*

I dunno. Given that it doesn't work against special attacks at all and kicks in less than 50% of the time against non-specials I kinda figured it was intended to work precisely such that it was most effective versus squads like the Marro Warriors. Mebbe that's just me though.

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:12 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Considering how often people complain about the power of ranged squads, I imagine that's exactly the point.
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:19 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
I've only played against them once, but they were not a problem at all for me. I flew my Mimring onto the castle walls and turned them to ashes in one Fireline.

Old October 11th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
I've only played against them once, but they were not a problem at all for me. I flew my Mimring onto the castle walls and turned them to ashes in one Fireline.
Poor placement by your opponent.

Heroscape Common Sense Rule #54
Never place figures in a straight line when your opponent has Mimring.
Old October 12th, 2006, 12:07 AM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:

Unfortunetly (or fortunetly, depending on your current side of the conflict...), that's a lot harder to do on castle walls :P

Glory to the Many.
Old October 12th, 2006, 12:55 AM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:

quote of the day my friend, quote of the day.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old October 12th, 2006, 01:04 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Gib, was that your brother? Wouldn't be surprised.

Actually, yeah, I guess it is tougher to spread out on top of a wall walk. meh.
Old October 12th, 2006, 01:09 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker

I am so making this my signature.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units