Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ch1can0īs Custom Maps - for 2 MS - New Map: Vanguard

Map is done. Happy scaping!

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:08 AM

dafe31 is surprisingly tart
Re: Ch1can0īs Custom Maps - for 2 MS - New Map: Kingsbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafe31 View Post
Ch1can0,

As always, the Tarn Prison map looks great. I love the idea of liberating the Tarn Vikings, similar to the Krav Maga in "Liberation Strike". My only concern is that the "reward" of releasing the Tarns might not be enticing enough. Perhaps adding Finn or Thorgrim to the prison would sweeten the pot.
You know Liberation Strike? hehe, cool Thanks for your good idea, i think itīs true it shouldnīt be limited to the Tarns, so i will change the map to "Squad Prision" or just "Prison" with some rule changes:

optional Scenario Rule:
Liberation
A four unit squad (like Tarns, Romans or Knights of Weston e.g.) is in the prison marked by the yellow spots. If itīs a unique squad, that squad canīt be draft regulary by any player. Piles of hex tiles are blocking the prisons, to liberate a squad the blocking tiles have to be destroyed by attacking them from an adjacent space. The opposing team/player rolls 3 defense dice. For every unblocked skull a hextile is removed from the attacked pile. The player which destroyes the last tile of a pile liberates that squad unit.

The player who first liberates two squad units, gains control over the whole squad at the beginning of the next round. He gets the army card and removes the remaining tiles blocking the prisons. Before that the squad units cannot be attacked.

additional Rule:
Sweeten the Pot (thx DAFE)
If you want a higher reward for liberating the squad (If you are playing with bigger armies for example) Place a hero on the cyan spot (like Finn, Marcus Gallus or Sir Dennrick e.g.). If itīs a unique unit, that hero canīt be draft regulary by any player. The Player who liberates the squad, also gains control over the hero together with the squad.

I want to credit you in the 2. rule, ok? What do you think about the changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafe31 View Post
We plan to play "Rampart" weekend. We've done Battle Bridge and Block Rock Castle the last two weekends and they've gone great. What I love about your maps, besides the awesome look of them, is that the whole map is in play. There are some areas where one player might prefer to roam and the other player might not, but for the most part, there is action everywhere. Your use of the glyphs to attract players to the fringe areas of the map really keep the action spread out. The only consideration that I would add for Black Rock Castle would be to maybe upgrade the Gerda glyph inside the castle to Jalgard, offering more reward. We played it with Gerda and we talked about trying Jalgard next time.

Thanks again for all of the great maps,
DAFE
Thx for your comments and nice to hear that you liked the maps so far. Hope Rampart will do for you as well as in our games. Thanks for the hint on Black Rock Castle, sounds better that way. You will need a booster from the 2. wave then, right?

4 New Map links fixed in the first post:

Ancient Cathedral
Up and Down
Swamp Assault
Tr3s

PS: We have 1.000 mapthreads now, cool
--------------------------------

Ch1can0,

I never got back to you on Prison. My son and I played it about a month or so ago, and it played great. First, we played with 400 points and the Tarn Viking Warriors. I got Drake over to the prison quickly and got the Tarns. The dice stayed on my side and I made quick work of things. The second game we used 600 pt. armies and the Roman Legionnaires and Marcus up high. This time, my son had Drake and I used Alistair MacDirk. We played that you could not attack the prison "doors" if you were engaged. I quickly got Crixus over into engagement with his Drake, giving me time to bust out one Roman, and then I got the idea to move over and complete the "door" that his Drake had started. After that, it was just a matter of time. It all worked well. The scenario gives you some good choices about when the attack the enemy and when to work on liberating the squad. Because of the road, all areas of the map are in play, and the Dagmar glyph is incentive enough to put the little pond in play also. We had a good time with it. I'd love to try it with the Knights and Denrick, but I don't have the Knights yet. The one other team/pairing that we talked about trying also was Ne-Gok-Sa and the Marro Warriors. I like the old-timey ROTV feel to that.

Thanks as always for the great maps,
DAFE
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I am bowing down - these maps are absolutely outstanding. The wife is sitting here aghast at your skill at mapmaking as well.

Kick. Ass. Maps.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old December 21st, 2008, 04:28 PM

Hi dafe31,

thx for taking the time to post the battle report, nice read! And great to hear that you had a good time with the map!

SuperflyTNT: wow, thx for your kind comment, glad you like the maps.

The friend i used to play heroscape with moved to another city, so my heroscape matches are rather seldom now... :/ Time to hire some new teammates i think... Anyway, i couldnīt test it yet, but...:

New

Map

is

done!

Last edited by Ch1can0; December 21st, 2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old March 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM

Re: Ch1can0īs Custom Maps - for 2 MS - New Map: Twin Hills

New map in progress...

Optional Scenario Rules (can be combined freely)

Thorian Checkpoints
the hexes marked by the green dots are the Thorian Checkpoints. If your opponent has more Thorian Checkpoints occupied, you must be adjacent to attack any of his units and vice versa.

Slippery Temple Ruins
No landing/dropping on the Columns or the gate allowed.

Stormy Weather
No flying allowed.

What do you think of these rules, help is appreciated!

Old March 14th, 2009, 02:41 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Ch1can0īs Custom Maps - for 2 MS - New Map: Temple

I like the Thorian Checkpoints, but will they be easy to distinguish during the game? Maybe represent with a glyph?

-insert signature here-
Old March 14th, 2009, 03:25 PM

thx for your comment nyys, i thought the same so i builded the map so, that the thorian checkpoints are the only isolated single sandtiles:

Not sure about the walls i have to check if it can be build this way in rl (hextiles and wallbases next to each other with a wall connected).

Added ladders at the sides there the water is as an alternative way into the temple:

Last edited by Ch1can0; March 14th, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:02 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Completely missed that they were sand tiles... the green dots put me in a trance.

-insert signature here-
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Love this map. I may have to try this out soon. I always enjoying popping by your thread, Ch1can0.

For what it is worth: I use Brandars for marking any special feature (like the checkpoints), just to be extra clear. We always have extra Brandar glyphs and it is easy to type in a note explaining how they work (in this case, as Thorian Checkpoints). The sand is a great feature and, even with the glyphs, makes set up that much easier.
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM

thx a lot for your comments guys, and for your hint 1Mmirg!

Building a new map - Escher Infinity:

Wanted to make a wider road, so i started a version with 2 rtff and 1 castle:

up and down

stuffed with 2 ms

Old May 14th, 2009, 04:11 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0 View Post
That's a beautiful map! I've always been a fan of M.C. Esher and infinite loops. Actually, my avatar robot is one I grabbed off an artist's rendition of a Möbius strip. That's your next project - a Möbius battlefield!

Also, your diagrams demonstrate a good way to make "road" maps: First build the road where you want it to go and then fill in from there (tweaking if necessary, of course).

Last edited by AliasQTip; May 14th, 2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Love this one. It will be on our tables soon. (I once had a room all done in Escher works, just copied and cut out of books.) I really like the little towers you added on the sides--brilliant!

I look forward to playing on this map.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios