Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: How should we group articles based on Classic/Custom?
Keep them separate 16 51.61%
Put it all together 10 32.26%
I don't care 3 9.68%
Other (Please explain) 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 19th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Use of Customs Strategy in The Codex: Survey/Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
I voted separate. I could care less if they were intertwined, but I know some people would. I would rather not give people a reason to stay away from the codex. I think we should definite have both, just in different sections.
That pretty much sums up what I think. They should be kept separate for the pure fact that some people don't like customs and probably would be upset if it was mixed in with classic stuff. In all honesty if I go to the strategy section under the official scape section I would like to find only strategies pertaining to official units. Just my .

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old November 19th, 2013, 06:08 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Perhaps (at the beginning of a customs section) there could be an article on "The Evolution of Scape"? An overview of the various customs projects (VC/C3V/SoV, C3G, HoSS, HoF, etc.) might be useful for those who don't hang out here all the time.
I second the above. Semi-related suggestion: Maybe some C3V & C3G Exclusives could be released officially in the Codex when it comes out - I would work with the C3V & C3G people on that. I think they did similar unveilings for TNT and the like back in the old codex.
Old November 21st, 2013, 10:22 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Separate.
Customs have their place (specifically the official C3G, C3V and SoV) but they should remain separate from the 'official' units.
Actually I'd like to see three or four codexs' (codiis?) keeping Marvel and superheroes separate - but that's more personal preference than anything else.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 21st, 2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Possible a little OCD.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Amis codicies.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:50 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

William099, are you sure, that sounds more like an old married dice couple to me...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 23rd, 2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Just saying! But thanks for the correction.
Old November 24th, 2013, 12:49 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

In my opinion, if you want the most readership of the new Codex...you will have to separate the two. Some Scapers are just deadset against customs, and if you try to introduce mixing Scape and Fanscape you will turn away potential readers of the new Codex. Unfortunately no matter how painstakingly thorough the VC, designs and testing units with Classic scape, there are people out there that will always view them as customs, regardless of who endorses it.

Also you will want to include HoSs and C3G and they are not as Scape friendly, and should have sections of their own.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion