Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 7th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
They have not been destroyed. Like clinging gnids, they just have left the battlefield, and are no longer in play.
That's what I thought. So it would be possible to create a figure with an ability "Teleport Far, Far Away" that does not destroy a figure but removes it from the board, preventing things such as Finn's Warrior Spirit and Thanos's Rejected by Death.

Hmmmm....

(And, I suppose, then that its possible to create another ability "Recall from Far, Far Away" that can place any figure not destroyed but not in play onto the battlefield. So many new possibilities--and chances for new, deep rules discussions!)
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:52 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've had difficulty getting my point's worth out of Mok (Particularly when you add in the cost of the dwarves too), but that said I still think he's a very cool unit and like him a lot.
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:41 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

I don't think this has been discussed yet. Here's a tournament scoring issue that came up the other day:

At the end of the game, Mok is alive with one or both dwarf gunners intact. For scoring purposes, are the dwarves considered:
a) Alive-- count the points to Mok's army's total
b) Out of play-- ignore the points and subtract their points from the army's total.
c) Dead-- count the points to the opponent's "points destroyed" total.

Likewise, if a gunner dwarf is killed, are the points awarded as "points destroyed" to the opponent or are they considered out of play?

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
I don't think this has been discussed yet. Here's a tournament scoring issue that came up the other day:

At the end of the game, Mok is alive with one or both dwarf gunners intact. For scoring purposes, are the dwarves considered:
b) Out of play-- ignore the points and subtract their points from the army's total.

Likewise, if a gunner dwarf is killed, are the points awarded as "points destroyed" to the opponent or are they considered out of play?
That would be up to the TD; they're considered exactly like undropped Airborne, if that helps.

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
That would be up to the TD; they're considered exactly like undropped Airborne, if that helps.
Huh?

I thought they were considered like Gnids...
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Huh?

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You know, they are "out of play" on Mok's card, but if they are destroyed via Gunner Causalities then they count as a destroyed figure.
Old April 17th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Huh?

All 3 should be considered the same. They are out of play, but have not been destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:15 AM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post

It depends on how you score, and you must decide before the game starts, or even before the armies are chosen.

Basically, I would consider that:
Quote:
While Mok is alive:
(Mok with Gunners value) = (Mok value) + (Gunners value)
That's thematic, logical and fair.
Everyone does not have to agree, but it's important to know before playing.

More details.

If you score how many points are "destroyed" in the opponent army (in a 1vs1 game), I suggest:
  • Undropped Airborne Elite: score as if they were destroyed.
  • Marro Gnids who have Clung: score as if they were destroyed.
  • Skeletons of Annellintia on a Unique Hero card: score, they are destroyed.
  • Dwarves on Mok still alive: don't score, the gunners have not been destroyed, they increase Mok's value.
  • Dwarves on Mok destroyed: score, consider they were destroyed at the same time as Mok.

If you score how many points are left in your army, I suggest:
  • Undropped Airborne Elite: don't score.
  • Marro Gnids who have Clung: don't score, they are on an opponent Hero card.
  • Skeletons of Annellintia on a Unique Hero card: don't score, they are destroyed.
  • Dwarves on Mok still alive: score, they have not been destroyed, are on one Hero you control and increase it's value.
  • Dwarves on Mok destroyed: don't score, consider they were destroyed at the same time as Mok.

Once again, everyone does not have to agree.
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Just got to playtest him for the first time last night in a match against my wife.

We were playing 690pt armies against each other on a map with swamp and road/trees.

I played Dwarf themed (obviously)
220 - Mok
110 - Migol
060 - Darrak
210 - Axegrinders x3
090 - Heirloom

My wife was using an elf army...
150 - Ulginesh
100 - Jordawn
050 - Arkmer
100 - Haduc
080 - Emiroon
210 - Aubrien Archers x3

Unfortunately for my wife, it was a massacre. Her archers were only rarely able to gain height and two of her biggest attacks against Mok were nullified by one of my gunners taking the hit for him.

Once Mok is loaded with Dwarves, I found order markers to be very efficient with 1 on Mok, 2 on Dwarves (to reload any lost gunners and activate a Dwarf hero), 3 on Mok again.

Battle ended with me only having lost 2 dwarves (gunner deaths), 7 wounds on Mok, and 2 wounds on Migol. Mok was rolling defence like a champ, and the couple times he wiffed against 4 skull attacks, the gunner roll saved him from taking the wounds.

Very fun and thematic but due to the nature of that match, my wife now thinks he is overpowered. lol

Can't wait to test run him against a few other opponent compositions.

~Zealot

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old April 17th, 2014, 11:39 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I wish that C3V/SoV/VC (not sure what to call you guys these days) put the full text of the card in the OP or SP for pasteability. I wanted to play a game with Mok tonight, but didn't want to use up a bunch of ink printing a card on my home printer; I'd rather go spend a few cents at a print shop.

So here is the text for Mok:

Quote:
Mok
Aquila
Giant
Unique Hero
Warhulk
Fearsome
Huge 11

Life 8
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 4
Points 220

DWARVEN GUNNERS
Instead of attacking with a Dwarf Squad figure you control that is unengaged and adjacent to Mok, you may remove that figure from the battlefield and place it on this card. There can be a maximum of two Dwarf figures on this card.

GUNNER CASUALTIES
If there is at least one Dwarf figure on Mok's card when Mok receives one or more wounds from an attack by a non-adjacent figure, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, remove on Dwarf figure from Mok's card and ignore any wounds.

GUNNER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
After attacking normally, Mok may attack with Gunner Special attack once for each Dwarf figure on this card. While engaged, Mok may target and attack non-adjacent figures with Gunner Special Attack. Mok cannot attack the same figure twice with Gunner Special Attack.
Old April 19th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I wish that C3V/SoV/VC (not sure what to call you guys these days) put the full text of the card in the OP or SP for pasteability. ...
Remember that the "Book of" threads are made by the fans. Personally, I agree with you that it would be good to have the OPs contain the text. But that's up to each individual Bo thread owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs