Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old November 4th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Nah, I respect intellectual property. I have enough money that if I want to experience something, I should support it financially. No moral way to justify doing otherwise, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, it puts me in a bind where I usually don’t want to pirate stuff, but I also refuse to pay for a streaming service like this. As a consumer, I kind of don’t want these individual streaming services to succeed. If DC/WB proves it can work, then Disney is going to go full speed ahead on their plans to do the same thing, then Sony, and so on and so on. I really enjoy just being able to have 1-3 streaming services and getting a variety of programs on each vs this new model where I have to pay for 10 different services to get everything. I don’t have the budget for that. Guess I just won’t watch Titans.
Old November 4th, 2018, 05:01 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, that's my response. I may get Young Justice season 3 on blue-ray eventually, but that's about it. I have three streaming services currently and more than I can keep up with. Not to mention NFL game pass, Steam, a weekly DnD group, a weekly board gaming group, C3G, a full-time job, a part-time job, a wife and a toddler!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

And sleep, right?
...right?
Old November 4th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I discarded my morality in favour of actually having some money to use a long time ago

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 4th, 2018, 05:06 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I read the entirety of DC's comic book output weekly and a bunch of indie stuff too

I'd be broke if I paid for all the entertainment I consume

Old November 4th, 2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
And sleep, right?
...right?
Sure. Uh, sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
I discarded my morality in favour of actually having some money to use a long time ago
Sacrificing things in the short term for longterm benefits is the heart of wisdom. For me, longterm extends far beyond the mortal coil.

Old November 4th, 2018, 06:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yeah, it puts me in a bind where I usually don’t want to pirate stuff, but I also refuse to pay for a streaming service like this. As a consumer, I kind of don’t want these individual streaming services to succeed. If DC/WB proves it can work, then Disney is going to go full speed ahead on their plans to do the same thing, then Sony, and so on and so on. I really enjoy just being able to have 1-3 streaming services and getting a variety of programs on each vs this new model where I have to pay for 10 different services to get everything. I don’t have the budget for that. Guess I just won’t watch Titans.
Disney is already going full steam ahead and it has nothing to do with what WB does. I think it was the success of the Netflix Marvel shows that really opened their eyes a bit on the subject. The Fox merger was in large part a desire to increase the pile of content they control for a successful streaming platform that will resemble a Netflix/Hulu hybrid from what I understand of their plans.

I actually am planning on adding the Disney subscription to my monthly Netflix subscription because I do see a great deal of value in that future purchase. Lucas Films, Marvel Films, Pixar, all the traditional Disney, and now a ton of Fox properties like Alien/Predator/Avatar/Sons of Anarchy/Archer/etc. is a lot of established entertainment I enjoy watching in addition to the new exclusive shows. Then their is the exclusive content they have already teasted. The Mandalorean is a live action SW property run by Jon Favreau with some pretty big guest directors for individual episodes already announced. Loki & Scarlet Witch are both getting mini-series of some sort, that seems like a good format to further explore those characters rather then a 2 hour movie. I'm sure Pixar will do something cool too.

It's the lackluster attempts to squeeze more money out of consumers like CBS online that make me upset. No way CBS can generate enough different types of content for me to get excited about. They need a lot more than just Star Trek. WB needs more than just DC comics too (I think they may own Dreamworks though?). I see more mergers in the near future as someone tries to complete with what Disney has amassed in terms of content.
Old November 4th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You believe you will be denied access to Heaven if you pirate Bats?

Alexan, for the record we do not encourage such actions in C3G land.
Old November 4th, 2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Sacrificing things in the short term for longterm benefits is the heart of wisdom. For me, longterm extends far beyond the mortal coil.[/QUOTE]

...is piracy that great a sin?

Old November 4th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You believe you will be denied access to Heaven if you pirate Bats?

Alexan, for the record we do not encourage such actions in C3G land.
Yeah, Captain Jack Sparrow is in hell, for sure.
Old November 4th, 2018, 07:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
And sleep, right?
...right?
Sure. Uh, sometimes.

Quote:
Sacrificing things in the short term for longterm benefits is the heart of wisdom. For me, longterm extends far beyond the mortal coil.
I also try to make it a point to support financially those projects I want to see more of. It's part of the reason why I go to so many movies on opening weekend (MCU), but don't go to see others at all (Fan4). The studious take note of those opening weekend and total theatrical run numbers and form future plans around them. My good friend watches all the same movies as me but waits 2-3 months after they are released and watches them for free.

I understand that not everyone can afford to go to every movie, but I do wish he would at least pick and choose a few to go to here and there. Like waiting on Infinity War is not a big deal, it made 2 billion dollars without him, but he loved Solo as much as I did and I wish he would have shown that love with his wallet. I doubt we'll get another movie in that story line now but it was clearly a set up origin movie that could have been the start of a great trilogy.

But then I also watch 'pirated' stuff myself from time to time if I feel like the studios are being unrealistic. For example I purchased a bunch of pirated The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoons on DVD a few years back. If they would have sold the whole season in one box set for $20 like they do with other TV shows I would have bought it from Disney, but instead they broke season 1 up into 4 different packages and wanted to charge me $20 for each disc. That's just being greedy on their part so screw them. $80 for a single season of a TV show is more than HBO ever charged me for a single season of one of their shows.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape