Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 12th, 2007, 05:36 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Hikash
Watch out? Honestly, I've never seen the zombies do much of anything. Well, other than get mowed down. They're just... blah. I've never drafted them... and I don't see myself doing so in the future.
Yeah, they're honestly not that great unless you have huge masses of them. In which case they are incredibly epic and effective.
well i have seen even 6 do a good amount of damage, they can seriously wound figures, and if thay ambush you(you got to be really sneaky though) they can wreak havoc, although i have seen them stink, i have also seen them rock, it all depends on how you play, it's just like everyone else in the game

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old October 12th, 2007, 05:40 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Zombies are awesome. 240 points of death!
I'm seriously considering this army at some point:
Stingersx4
Zombiesx4
Marcu

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 13th, 2007, 05:12 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
The Zombies are awesome. 240 points of death!
I'm seriously considering this army at some point:
Stingersx4
Zombiesx4
Marcu
lets see you have the marro long ranged power houses the zombies and marcu, he is ok, tell me if that army works out

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:28 AM

aerofool Woo who?
This is a few questions for the 4+ zombie squad handlers..

What % of your total armies point cost is best to fill with Zombies before you move into either in-efectiveness or dire overkill? I'm sure many of you who have over 1000 points of Zombies have fielded all Zombies before. How did that work out?

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:46 PM

Dandin has disabled reputation
After playing with 6 squads of them, I found them useful but horrible (an oxymoron!). They get slaughtered by range, specially frenzy range on hilly maps (2x aubrians killed 7 or 8 quickly). However, they murdered my opponents' samurai, mainly because of the counterstrike-special attack loop hole. I would use them with a really long range character (Syvarris? DeD?) and snipe the moderate range characters (stingers, drudge, aubriens, 4th mass line) until they are no longer useful, and bring your own stingers up to clean up, and then send the zombies in to massacre the remaining melee units, and stingers to help take down larger units like charos. This is very bad on hilly maps though, and that was the map I was playing on, mainly because of the relatively slow speed of both zombies and stingers.

Airborne elites, come to think of it, could do an excellent range destroyer if you can drop them in quickly.
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:30 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hello everyone. Go check out the Zombie Campaign Thread in the Events section. Read it and be inspired, join it and inspire, play it and enjoy! Go zombies!

Link to Zombie Campaign Thread:
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=14502
Old December 8th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Neither the zombies nor the deathwalkers seem to get the love they deserve. I thought DW9K was the coolest thing in RotV and the zombies are great fun. I'm intending to play the following army, next chance I get:

The Scotch Egg
DW9K 140
Old Raelin 80
Zombies x4 240
Rats 40
Total: 500

The rats are the crispy breadcrumbs that go out first and reduce the ranged threat of the opponent. The zombies are a sausagemeat shield that sticks togther protecting the central egg of Raelin (the white) who gives the zombies more survivability and DW9K (the slightly whiffy yolk of the army) who can pick off threats that are not tempting to the zombies, or whittle down enemy heroes to one life so the zombies can finish them off.

I think it might actually do quite well; certainly better than the reputations of the units would suggest.
Old December 9th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Neither the zombies nor the deathwalkers seem to get the love they deserve. I thought DW9K was the coolest thing in RotV and the zombies are great fun. I'm intending to play the following army, next chance I get:

The Scotch Egg
DW9K 140
Old Raelin 80
Zombies x4 240
Rats 40
Total: 500

The rats are the crispy breadcrumbs that go out first and reduce the ranged threat of the opponent. The zombies are a sausagemeat shield that sticks togther protecting the central egg of Raelin (the white) who gives the zombies more survivability and DW9K (the slightly whiffy yolk of the army) who can pick off threats that are not tempting to the zombies, or whittle down enemy heroes to one life so the zombies can finish them off.

I think it might actually do quite well; certainly better than the reputations of the units would suggest.
If you'll permit me to make a slight suggestion- I'd switch DW9K for DW8K. Less risk of blowing up your own zombies, and DW8K's special attack is great for wearing down high life heroes- bring 'em down to one or two life, and let the zombies do the rest.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:28 PM

Lord3 has disabled reputation
When I first got the expansion the zombies were completely overlooked, nobody ever drafted them, I don't know why. I remember drafting the Shades over the zombies in one game.

A few months later I saw another pack at the store and figured w/ 4 squads they might be worth playing. I was completely right. Started w/ a theme based army... I put 4 squads of zombies w/ Seduma as the undead team, and fought them against the Orc hoard. Switching off who controled the zombies, the orcs lost 3 out of 4 games. It came down to a single orc archer in the game they won and he was perched up a cliff on the defense glyph.

Board was mostly flat, diamond shaped roadtile island in the middle, and 2 small islands to each side w/ the offense and defense glyphs.

Continued to test the zombies w/ undead against the samurai team complete w/ Kaemon Awa and Hotamoto Taro. Zombies still one 2 out of 3 rounds. Would have been a shut out but for some incredible counterstrikes.

Seduma was only there because I couldn't think of any other undead types to team w/ the zombies (forgot all about the shades being undead @ this time) She usually wouldn't have to move from her starting spot; the only time she had to move was when she was required to deal w/ one of the heros that had elevation. So basically she was 140 wasted points each game that she didn't get used. Her ability is pretty good tho, and fielding a
theme army gives you more play time w/ her.

It seemed utterly insane that the zombies were so unstoppable most of the time, I went out and bought more just to see how many squads before it became overkill.

I remembered about the shades by this time and ended up w/ the undead army having 8 squads of zombies (24 figures!), two squads of shades, and Seduma.

This was against all orc army w/ 2 squads of heavy gruts and all there heros, regular gruts, and orc archers.

The shades really worked great to tie up the trouble units, and they can always fly away if they get in too heavy.

Zombies won 2 out of 2 against that army.

Next was same huge army of zombies and shades vs all samurai again, this time w/ two squads of tagawa samurai archers.

samurai won the first 2 and then zombies won the second two. Had to play Seduma more in order to win w/ undead.

My buddy had made a road map that was just basically a bridge going the length of the board, probably 13 levels high or so.

Brought the zombies over there and they were CRUSHED> 4 player game, I had the Undead, Teammate was using Spiderman, Venom and one other guy (can't remember... maybe red skull), the OTHER team one guy was theme all MARROWS, and the other was Hulk, Capt america, and another super hero.

Needless to say I was completely crushed. I don't think I managed to kill a single unit until the very end and it was too little too late.

Those SUPER HEROS completely CRUSH zombies, especially Capt america we found out later. Capt can almost do it completely on his own. That shield throw move is just too much for them. He was taking out 3 zombies at a time. Capt is BY FAR the best character for his points of all the supers

It's also worth mentioning that my same undead army (8x zombies 2x shades, 1x seduma) was beaten by an all soulborg army with the same point total. I remember I killed 8k and 9k both while they were climbing up ladders before they could kill a single guy, but the q9 and q10 really cleaned up. I think he had the reavers which did well, and a squad of gladitrons maybe.

So I think i'm over my undead addiction for now (it was pretty bad). I still haven't been able to find those Vampire expansions anywhere. I wonder If the vampires in place of sudoma would make this a completely invincible?

I NEED those vampire sets!@!@!

I'm guessing they made the undead TOO strong and had to add in the templar knights to destroy them. They are OBVIOUSLY born zombie killers, they can't be raised again and turned to zombies once they die (IF they die) I haven't had a chance to play any games w/ the Templars but just looking at the cards makes me drool. These guys might be the most powerful in the game.

Anyway, whats my point?

1) They weren't kidding around when the cautioned against mixing the marvelscape guys w/ the regular guys

2) zombies, do in fact, ROCK. If your drafting, DON'T draft them first or your opponent will specifically draft zombie killers. Wait and see if his first pick is a high-priced medium or a squad. Once he's invested in his points he wont be able to draft expensive counter-zombie units.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZombie
...if the zombies are on lvl 1 and a figure is on lvl3, the zombies can still gang up on the one fig, right? ...

Oh... and if a zombie is on a swamp tile, and two other zombies are on grass tiles.... the ARE NOT on the same level, correct?
Right on both counts.

Yesterday I got to play against an army of 24 zombies (8 squads, nothing else); won once, lost once.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
I believe that having Cyprien Esenwein instead of Sudema would be figuratively better in an undead army. I'm not just saying that because I know Cyprien rocks, but Sudema is limited in what she can do.

Cyprien has 8 move and stealth flying and can easily get where the Zombies move of 4 cannot. If an enemy is hiding back out of range on a hill, Cyprien is perfect. I can only imagine what would happen if you could use the Zombie Horde Movement with Undead Champion Bonding.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
On Friday night I played an amazing game with the Zombies!!! Defeated the stingers, TKN, Nagrubs and Isamu.
In the endgame, I was down to just one zombie. It was up against Isamu, a Nagrub, and two Stingers. I was able to kill off a Stinger and bring my number back up to two. Luckily the Stingers and Nagrub were close in proximity and the arisen zombie could engage one while the other was not activated.
The Nagrub went down fast and now I had three Zombies on the board. The last Stinger fell no problem and Isamu couldn't make his Vanish 9 Roll.

Truly, an amazing Zombie victory. Four squads of ZoM were drafted alongside DW8K (who went down unsurprisingly early to Stinger shots), Isamu, and SotM Raelin.
I got luckily when dealing with Tor-Kul-Na. The successful Stomp rolls were few and far between. I made sure to engage him and keep Zombies on varying levels at all times. As well I worked on the Nagrubs first and kept the Hivelord from healing too much.

I keep finding nice compliments with the new Raelin. The Zombies are another good match as her aura can extend and give many undead the defense of a Weston.

Here was the map we played:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units