Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 4th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Do the Marro Warriors get the Water Clone bonus in swamp water? It doesn't seem to be in the Books...
Yes, since swamp water is a type of water.
Old August 4th, 2010, 04:19 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you for the quick response.
Old August 4th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

For the glyph of Nilrend, can you negate an undropped AE?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 4th, 2010, 04:53 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I believe you must target a figure on the board. Since the figures are not on the board they would be untargetable.
Old August 4th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Quote:
I believe you must target a figure on the board. Since the figures are not on the board they would be untargetable.
If what you say is true I lost some of my favorite figs to my sister.

(I still won thanks to defense whiffs on her part though).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Quote:
Doesn't say that in the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I think we might actually have a valid unruled question related to a Master Set 1 unit & Master Set 2 glyph! Wow, how could this scenario make it past everyone all this time? I would say according to the rules that the glyph can negate the airborne elite and make them unable to drop, and the only way to overturn would be an Errata on the glyph to only affect figures in play, or an official word from the Rules Team or FAQ. Or just go with the rulebook guideline that if you can't decide, roll a D20 and the ruling will be different every game!

I stopped putting this glyph in my pool after someone negated my Captain America and put me from 1st to last place - I thought it was way too powerful a glyph and it is even more powerful against the AE.
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I think we might actually have a valid unruled question related to a Master Set 1 unit & Master Set 2 glyph! Wow, how could this scenario make it past everyone all this time? I would say according to the rules that the glyph can negate the airborne elite and make them unable to drop, and the only way to overturn would be an Errata on the glyph to only affect figures in play, or an official word from the Rules Team or FAQ.
Thank you, thank you. Now where is my cookie/trophy?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SotM Rulebook

Glyph
of Nilrend (Negation)
When one of your figures stops here, you may choose any
opponent's unique figure. Roll the 20-sided die. lf you roll a
1-4, nothing happens. lf you roll a s-20, place the Gord Negation
Marker on the chosen figure's Army card. All of that figure's
special powers are negated for the rest of the game.

The figure would have to be on the board to pick. So, no you can't use it on AE if they haven't dropped. Same with Retchets.

It says figure, not card, otherwise it would work.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; August 4th, 2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Another good question. From the D&D Rulebook:
Quote:
Treasure Glyphs do not force figures to stop when moving onto them. However, a Unique Hero figure that ends its movement on a space with a Treasure Glyph may attempt to pick it up or activate it, depending on the Treasure Glyph’s individual rule.
So how does one interpret "end its movement"? I think we could use a Rule team judgement, but here is my opinion, in red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
This came up in a game this past Sunday when I was using Cover Fire to move Agent Carr onto a Teasure Glyph. The question is can you try and activate a Treasure Glyph when your figure is placed on the Treasure Glyph regardless of how it was placed there? Or can you only try when the figure "moves" onto the glyph either by spending all of its move points or stopping with move points left unused.

Various ways this can happen:

You take a turn with the figure in question.
Of course you can try and activate the glyph. Yes, and this also includes Bonding, full or movement bonding such as Nakita/Gorrillinators & Sir Gilbert

The figure is moved onto the glyph by Cover Fire.
I would say yes as Cover Fire says "move" the figure. Though if you use Cover Fire to move the same figure twice that figure can only make one attempt to activate a glyph as per the FAQ a figure can only attempt to activate a glyph once per turn. Yes

Isamu rolls for his Vanish move.
I would say yes as Vanish 9 says "move" the figure. One other question in this example is when does Isamu get to try and activate the glyph if the enemy's card that is active is able to attack multiple times? Between attacks when he stops on a glyph or only at the end of all attacks? Yes

Carry, Spear of Summoning & Elven Summoning Spell.
These I am thinking that you can activate the glyph, but I am not sure as the figure that is being placed on the glyph with these actions is not "moving." Though as I understand it for the purposes of Engagement Strike these powers are considered to move the figure and you would have to survie the Engagement Strike to be able to activate the glyph. No

Tactical Switch.
This falls under Carry and Summon with the added question of do you have to survive the Warforged's attack before you can try and activate the glyph. I am thinking yes to this question. No

Chain Grab, Talon Grab, Throw and Knockback.
These are not under question as the card states that figures moved by these powers must be placed on empty spaces. Since spaces with glyphs are not empty spaces these powers will not allow the figures moved by them to try and activate glyphs. Good catch on the empty space text.
Also Granite Guardians's Gain High Ground - I would say yes to this too.

Also scatter and scurry - I would say yes to this too.
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Another good question. From the D&D Rulebook:
Quote:
Treasure Glyphs do not force figures to stop when moving onto them. However, a Unique Hero figure that ends its movement on a space with a Treasure Glyph may attempt to pick it up or activate it, depending on the Treasure Glyph’s individual rule.
So how does one interpret "end its movement"? I think we could use a Rule team judgement, but here is my opinion, in red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
This came up in a game this past Sunday when I was using Cover Fire to move Agent Carr onto a Teasure Glyph. The question is can you try and activate a Treasure Glyph when your figure is placed on the Treasure Glyph regardless of how it was placed there? Or can you only try when the figure "moves" onto the glyph either by spending all of its move points or stopping with move points left unused.

Various ways this can happen:

You take a turn with the figure in question.
Of course you can try and activate the glyph. Yes, and this also includes Bonding, full or movement bonding such as Nakita/Gorrillinators & Sir Gilbert Only heros can pick a TG, so these are irrelevent.

The figure is moved onto the glyph by Cover Fire.
I would say yes as Cover Fire says "move" the figure. Though if you use Cover Fire to move the same figure twice that figure can only make one attempt to activate a glyph as per the FAQ a figure can only attempt to activate a glyph once per turn. Yes No, not the figures turn.

Isamu rolls for his Vanish move.
I would say yes as Vanish 9 says "move" the figure. One other question in this example is when does Isamu get to try and activate the glyph if the enemy's card that is active is able to attack multiple times? Between attacks when he stops on a glyph or only at the end of all attacks? Yes No, not the figure's turn

Carry, Spear of Summoning & Elven Summoning Spell.
These I am thinking that you can activate the glyph, but I am not sure as the figure that is being placed on the glyph with these actions is not "moving." Though as I understand it for the purposes of Engagement Strike these powers are considered to move the figure and you would have to survie the Engagement Strike to be able to activate the glyph. No

Tactical Switch.
This falls under Carry and Summon with the added question of do you have to survive the Warforged's attack before you can try and activate the glyph. I am thinking yes to this question. No

Chain Grab, Talon Grab, Throw and Knockback.
These are not under question as the card states that figures moved by these powers must be placed on empty spaces. Since spaces with glyphs are not empty spaces these powers will not allow the figures moved by them to try and activate glyphs. Good catch on the empty space text.
Also Granite Guardians's Gain High Ground - I would say yes to this too. No and irrellevent-squads

Also scatter and scurry - I would say yes to this too. No and irrellevent-squads
It ends it's movement during it's movement phase, which means it has to be activated by OM or via bonding. I do believe only figures taking a full turn can pick up TGs.

Only UNIQUE Heros can attempt to pick up a Treasure Glyph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&D Rulebook

3. ON YOUR TURN
During a round, each player will take three turns. Usually, you'll do three
actions on your turn, in this order:

Action 1. Reveal Your order marker (Always)

Action 2. Move Figure(s) on the Army Card (Optional)This is where a "ends It's Movement" would be determined.

Action 3. Attack with Figure(s) on the Army Card (Optional)

Last edited by xraine69; August 4th, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Scenariographer

Quote:
Read this thread. AE cannot be affected by Nilrend. SEARCH is a great function.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's