Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 9th, 2015, 09:52 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I think the confusion is that, at least based on what I was saying, the power doesn't always need to specify either way. Only when it breaks the general rule. Otherwise, it is assumed that the general rule applies.
Actually, you wrote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
Adjacency to a Targeted Figure - a figure itself *can* be adjacent to the targeted figure, so powers that affect figures adjacent to the targeted figure *do* need to specify whether the figure itself is affected or not.

Within X Spaces of a Targeted Figure - a figure itself *can* be "within X spaces of a targeted figure", so powers that affect figures within X spaces of the targeted figure *do* need to specify whether the figure itself is affected or not.
Extending this to the other cases you didn't include in your original message (which I did in my reply, in abbreviated form) results in this:
In a Straight Line from a Targeted Figure - a figure itself *can* be "in a straight line from" the targeted figure, so powers that affect figures in a straight line from the targeted figure *do* need to specify whether the figure itself is affected or not.
Comedian is, of course, in that situation.

The only way I can see to make Comedian an exception is if you want to create yet another category of effects that is parallel to the ones you already listed but for some reason has a different rule. I'm not sure what the purpose for that would be, other than to have an excuse to make the texts inconsistent?

Honestly I don't understand the resistance to just following the rule that was (apparently) already created. It's not my rule; heck, I didn't even know about it until today! I'm just saying that since a convention does exist, it should be followed.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, Idt Greyowl was trying to state an official rule or C3G standard. I think he was just trying to help clarify.

In regard to Comedian, as it stands right now, I'd let him flame his enemies and himself as there is nothing on the card to state otherwise. To add a line on the card stating that Comedian is affected by his flamethrower attack seems redundant, imo.

Imo, Storm is another matter. Whether or not a change is needed is dependent upon what the intent is. Thematically, it wouldn't bother me either way. As it stands now, I'd allow Storm to be affected ... plus, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Griffin purposely designed the power to be able to do precisely that.

Last edited by Hellfire; January 9th, 2015 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Disjointed Edit; Archaic irrelevancy.
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
In regard to Comedian, as it stands right now, I'd let him flame his enemies and himself as there is nothing on the card to state otherwise. To add a line on the card stating that Comedian is affected by his flamethrower attack seems redundant, imo.
That said, after a quick search there are examples that would support otherwise ... Green Arrow (Ollie), Rocket Raccoon, and Boomerang all state that their figure "can be affected."
Old January 9th, 2015, 11:39 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
That said, after a quick search there are examples that would support otherwise ... Green Arrow (Ollie), Rocket Raccoon, and Boomerang all state that their figure "can be affected."
Hmm, yes ... I forgot to do the positive search. Sorry I wasn't very thorough.

Green Goblin is also on the explicit "can be affected" list, as is Deathwalker 9000.

Just to have a couple more data points, I did notice that Judge Dredd's LAWGIVER HIGH EXPLOSIVE SPECIAL ATTACK and Rocket Red's EXPLOSIVE BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK both rely upon the default rule as described by GreyOwl (they don't specify either way, so they must affect their own wielders when within range).

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:44 PM

So with Comedian okay as-is, Wrecker tweaked to target only enemies, and Storm pending a ruling on her intent, that just leaves Crimson Dynamo (if I didn't miss any others). Seems to me that CD is also fine as-is (relying on the default) ... I can't think of any abuse potential from letting him target himself, and there's probably next to zero reason to even do so, since it doesn't help you throw damage to other figures.

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; January 9th, 2015 at 11:43 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library