Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 24th, 2010, 02:24 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
The Book of Fire Elemental

The Book of Fire Elemental

Champions of the Forgotten Realms – Collection D1 – Fury of the Primordials

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the HeroScapers Gallery or Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio (from front page): The Fire Elemental "looks absolutely amazing!"

Searing Intensity: One or All Figures Roll
Q: After moving with one Fire Elemental, do I ONLY roll for Searing Intensity for any figure next to the one I moved, or do I roll for figures next to other Fire Elementals I control as well?
A: You roll for Searing Intensity for EVERY figure adjacent to ANY Fire Elemental you contol, including your own. Don't roll for figures with the Lava Resistant power.

Searing Intensity: Elemental Destroyed During Movement
Q: If a Fire Elemental is destroyed during its movement (due to a leaving engagement attack, Engagement Strike 15, falling damage, etc.), do you still roll for Searing Intensity for figures adjacent to other Fire Elementals during the destroyed Fire Elemental's turn?
A: No. As soon as the Fire Elemental is destroyed, that turn is over. Searing Intensity does not trigger. [theGuru]

Negative Element: Water Plus Bonuses
Q: If a Fire Elemental is on a water space but has other bonuses (glyphs, height advantage, etc) can it roll defense for those bonuses?
A: No. When on a water space, a Fire Elemental cannot roll any Defense Dice. [FAQ 11.3]

Synergy Benefits Received
Kurrok the Elementalist: Summon Elemental:
As an elemental, the Fire Elemental may be revived by Kurrok's SUMMON ELEMENTALS resurrection synergy.

Kurrok the Elementalist: Master of the Elements:
As an elemental, the Fire Elemental may benefit from Kurrok's MASTER OF THE ELEMENTS activation synergy.

Torin: Evil Eye Protection
As a medium-sided Utgar figure, the Fire Elemental may benefit from Torin's EVIL EYE PROTECTION Defensive Ability.

Synergy Benefits Offered
Brunak: Lava Resistant:
Because of his LAVA RESISTANT power, Brunak is one of the few figures not affected by the Fire Elemental’s SEARING INTENSITY.

Fire Elemental: Lava Resistant:
Because of the LAVA RESISTANT power, Fire Elementals cannot affect each other with SEARING INTENSITY.

Iron Golem: Lava Resistant:
Because of the LAVA RESISTANT power, an Iron Golem cannot be affected by SEARING INTENSITY.

Moltenclaw: Lava Resistant:
Because of his LAVA RESISTANT power, Moltenclaw cannot be affected by SEARING INTENSITY.

Obsidian Guards: Lava Resistant:
Because of their LAVA RESISTANT power, Obsidian Guards are not affected by the Fire Elemental’s SEARING INTENSITY.

Shurrak: Lava Resistant:
Because of his LAVA RESISTANT power, Shurrak is one of the few figures not affected by the Fire Elemental’s SEARING INTENSITY.
Terrain Benefits and Penalties Received
MOLTEN LAVA and LAVA FIELD: Lava Resistant – Cannot take damage and does not have to stop movement.
WATER TILES: Negative Element – Cannot roll defense dice.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Yes! Melee can beat the feared Firestorm

Kurrok the Elementalist rampant speculation thread

Fire Elemental-Searing Intensity Question

D1 army ideas

Power Rankings

Jexik: Fire Elemental- The Firestorm is deadly iff [if and only if] you have about 10 Fire Elementals and Kurrok. B+

OEAO: B+

Cleon: Tier 7 (67/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B+

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA (hint: use Kurrok the Elementalist!)

Last edited by superfrog; March 15th, 2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: vc added
Old March 24th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Fire Elemental

Fire Elemental is surely strong but I think Water will become the prevailant elemental. (With its range and Tunneling power.)
Old March 24th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice touch on the character bio ^_^

Anyway, it seems like a perfect shark to me. Expendable, cheap, fragile in the long run, but powerful and decently mobile.
I think it'll make a great combo with the GIE on water-heavy maps.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old March 24th, 2010, 06:25 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yes, the GIE's ability to freeze water almost qualifies as a "synergy benefit offered".
Old March 24th, 2010, 06:47 PM

PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker

After reading the book closely, this is not a figure you want to leave multiple ideling in your start zone surrounded by other figures. In fact you almost have to use them with kurrok so that you have that multiple activations, othewise your army will just go up in smoke thanks to searing intensity. Quite the double-edged sword.

Sign the Declaration and bring back classic scape!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30056
Remember: Together we can make a difference
Old March 24th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Do I have clear line of sight through this guy? He's transparent.
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHippo View Post
After reading the book closely, this is not a figure you want to leave multiple ideling in your start zone surrounded by other figures. In fact you almost have to use them with kurrok so that you have that multiple activations, othewise your army will just go up in smoke thanks to searing intensity. Quite the double-edged sword.
I've been through this before when discussion Omnicron armies, but the bottom line is that avoiding self-searing in the startzone is really not that hard. Particularly given that you're almost certainly not going to fill your startzone in an elemental army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
That's actually a good question. My gut instinct is no, distorted images seen through a fire elemental do not count.
Old March 25th, 2010, 08:29 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Yes, the GIE's ability to freeze water almost qualifies as a "synergy benefit offered".
Only if you like "seared ice". With only 5 move, no flying, there is no way to be certain you won't be adjacent to the GIE by the time the fire elemental runs out of movement...

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old March 25th, 2010, 08:51 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
That's actually a good question. My gut instinct is no, distorted images seen through a fire elemental do not count.
No - if you're looking through something, it's not "clear".

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
But am I allowed to shoot through them?
Old March 25th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
But am I allowed to shoot through them?
No.
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:27 PM

chispito is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
Only if you like "seared ice". With only 5 move, no flying, there is no way to be certain you won't be adjacent to the GIE by the time the fire elemental runs out of movement...
Sure you can be certain: just don't stop next to it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units