Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Are d20 based powers too difficult to roll?
No. They're powerful abilities which should rely on exceptional luck. 27 54.00%
Yes. Weaker abilites with a better chance of success would be better. 3 6.00%
Doesn't matter. They're just extra gravey. I draft for their other advantages. 5 10.00%
Kind of a stupid question there SB. You have a bad day frenzying or what? 15 30.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 4th, 2007, 02:38 PM

AbducteeLeader has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Polls make me tired, but it's a good question

I think D20s are most valuable not for what they can do, but for how your opponent has to account for what they can do. In Elstree's "fun with runa" post he demonstrates this. Even though Runa's power did nothing, it forced bunjee to focus a great deal of effort in killing her. As Elstree acknowledges, had he taken advantage of that confusion it was potentially game changing.

If my opponent has Sudema I have to make a choice - focus on her and take whatever damage their other units can dish out or put her on the back burner, priority-wise and potentially suffer the devestating consequences.

~Aldin
Thats a good point, but when it comes to decisions like that, I typically let my opponents order marker placement make my decision for me. :P

"I believe that a picture says 1000 words, but smileys make it all good." - ninthdoc

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles