Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 7th, 2016, 12:51 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played A Feast for Odin 7 times solo now in the last week or so.

I might be addicted haha. It is the best solo game alongside LotR LCG I have ever played.

I will be getting it to the table with some others this Friday which I am excited for.

Otherwise Game 6 of SeaFall tonight. Hoping things go well, but the complaints about this game are starting to rise up for me. There's a lot to be interested in, but there really are elements that are blemishes and I totally get those groups and reviewers who quit or don't recommend this game.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 7th, 2016, 09:15 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
Played A Feast for Odin 7 times solo now in the last week or so.

I might be addicted haha. It is the best solo game alongside LotR LCG I have ever played.
Curse you! Now I want both of those games! And Feast for Odin is $99 on Amazon

*shakes fist at Ranior

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old December 7th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Had time to play some light games over Thanksgiving with both sides of the family.

Loopin' Louie (Thanksgiving tradition)
Walk the Plank
No Thanks
Bang! the Dice Game
a standard deck card game that my dad likes called Finagle (?)

and lots of Codenames
Old December 8th, 2016, 02:51 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Ran another game of Star Trek Ascendancy yesterday, teaching it to a new couple I just met through boardgamegeek. She works at a local game store and got him into board gaming. I love it!

He had his ships destroyed on almost every possible die roll! She lost a fleet to him in a Space Battle! I (as Romulans) discovered four worlds, each with a possible Culture Node location or an Open Node, and had a 3 to 3 Trade Agreement with him (Federation)!

While I never fought a battle, he drew that Exploration card (Orion Trader?) that had him switch an Advancement card with me, and I got the one that allows the Federation to build a Detector to nullify the Romulan Cloaking Tech!!! Did I develop it so it wouldn't go back to him? Yes, indeedy I did. So in a battle, I would have been an odds on favorite; which is part of why I didn't have to fight any.

Although we didn't quite finish the game, I was certainly the favorite to win. But we all had fun; so we all won, and they want to play again. Nice.
Just wondering, how many Trek references are there in Ascendancy? Because I, while being a Trek fan, have only seen every ToS episode (including movies) and am working my way through TNG (5 seasons in). I have stayed away from board games focusing on all of Star Trek for this reason. So how many Star Trek shows are featured in Ascendancy?

Also, yesterday Amazon had an amazing deal on Arena of the Planeswalkers and both expansions, so stay tuned for updates on those!

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old December 9th, 2016, 03:19 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Star Trek Ascendancy box cover art, on the Federation third, features Kirk, Picard, Sissco, and Janeway. Its a strategic 4X game that covers all of these eras. Otherwise most references are indirect, like all of the planetary systems and phenomona coming from episodes in all of the series.

You don't really have to worry about any spoilers!
Old December 10th, 2016, 08:14 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The Star Trek Ascendancy box cover art, on the Federation third, features Kirk, Picard, Sissco, and Janeway. Its a strategic 4X game that covers all of these eras. Otherwise most references are indirect, like all of the planetary systems and phenomona coming from episodes in all of the series.

You don't really have to worry about any spoilers!
And yet another item makes it's way into my BGG wishlist.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:11 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Played a variety of stuff over the weekend.

A Feast for Odin x5
Codenames x 3
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong x2
Isle of Skye x1

Continuing to just love A Feast for Odin. For me at least, it is a fantastic game that really appeals to me and I will likely always want to play. Can't wait to get more games in with it.

Codenames was played with grandparents. I love how this game can be played with almost anyone and they can have a good time.

I continue to like Isle of Skye quite a bit, but others seem to like it less than I do. I understand some of the complaints about the randomness of tile draws, but overall I think the luck is far greater in many other games. Ah well different players different tastes, but I wish others around me liked this one a bit more. I particularly love the variable scoring settings that really makes you want to prioritize different things every game. I liked that mechanic in Kingdom Builder, but just don't find that game to be that good.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 14th, 2016, 10:54 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Scythe, Trickerion, and Las Vegas, with @Stephen Universe and another buddy Saturday. Started off the day with a Skaven v Humans Blood Bowl game, with my Skaven claiming victory.

Sunday was Seafall campaign continuation. We are 4-5 games in and so far this has been great. I gave up the overall lead to @akden (your welcome), mainly so I could stop having to give out so much enmity at the beginning of games. The region is littered with my enmity tokens. I normally make such a good first impression.
After that went home and played Mechs Vs Minions with the kids. I really like Robo Rally, which was just rereleased with rules changes, so the programming of this was a draw for me. Plus at $80 shipped, it is an incredible deal for what you get in the box.

Looking forward to Food Chain Magnate, Great Western Trail, and A Distant Plain this week.

EDIT: Food Chain Magnate is a supposed brain burner, which would seem to be up @Dad_Scaper 's alley. Hint Hint

Last edited by Gurei-Ornery; December 14th, 2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Attempting to lure Dad_Scaper
Old December 14th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

A great list of games there G-O

My 5 player group is about the same place in SeaFall that you are. I'm I'm 3rd.

Tried Mechs vs Minions once and liked it. I had considered buying it because it is such a good deal, but I've got my vehicles expansion coming soon (6 months late) for Sergeants Miniatures Game, with a Sherman, Panzer IV and Sdkfz 250. Lots of new rules to figure out for that. I'm also in a Pandemic Legacy campaign with my daughters and in June. Then I have Gloomhaven coming in January, and that will take some time reading the rules and then want to try that with my daughters as well if they are still interested. That's set up so that you can have different people play in and out of that campaign, so some friends may want to get in on that too. Finally, I have been going big into Halo Ground Command. That's an expensive system, so that is eating up my new game money. Got the minis for the base game painted and just got my expansion pair of Warthogs painted, with their 2 chainguns, 2 rocket launchers and 2 Gauss cannon systems painted as well. Installing 1x3mm magnets let's me swap out weapon systems from the back of the Warthogs. I have 2 Scorpion tanks and 2 Wraith tanks on order as well.

So , while Mechs vs Minions would be awesome to have, it's just not in the cards right now.

Oh yeah, and I have the expansion for Scythe on order too, and my daughters like that game too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 14th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Are you retired Hahma?
It feels like you have been painting non-stop for awhile.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 14th, 2016, 12:42 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Oh yeah, and I have the expansion for Scythe on order too, and my daughters like that game too.
The expansion factions really change the way you play. I won with one of the new factions, but it felt tougher than usual. They both don't have the +1 speed mechs, so it took some getting used to.
Old December 14th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
The expansion factions really change the way you play. I won with one of the new factions, but it felt tougher than usual. They both don't have the +1 speed mechs, so it took some getting used to.
They do appear to require a different play style, which is cool.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games