Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks to all for your feedback on these guys. It goes in line with what my original guesses were... that Crixus gets some play due to good defense ability (even against specials!), and that Retiarius has awesome attack, but can die quickly due to 3D and 4Life....

But what army builds do they work well in? And why draft Retiarius for 90 pts when I can get Finn or Thor for 80pts with bonding option with McDirks or Knights?... I just hate the thought of buying heroes that won't see much play. But then, there's that completist side of me whispering in my ear....... ("Psst, Mack, wanna buy a Crixus?...")

And Su_Nan, I agree about not basing a purchase decision off of the looks of a figure alone (ie: the WoA are butt ugly and I own 2 sets of 'em and love 'em!), but I guess in addition to the horrible sculpts, I was simply never inspired by their stats/abilities... and I may very well be the only one on this site to think that... I don't know. With all of the special attacks now in play, any expensive unit that DEPENDS on only facing normal attacks in order to stay alive seems unworthy. Their 3D won't last long against specials. And the apes are worthless, IMHO, even with a free movement bonding... the thought of spending 210 pts on these 2 squads isn't a pleasant thought.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old January 24th, 2007, 11:40 AM

QBakies has disabled reputation
I like using the Gladiators individually except for Spartacus because of the high cost. I'm sure that as more Gladiators are released he will become a more reasonably priced figure to lead a large Gladiator force.
Old January 24th, 2007, 11:56 AM

DurinsBane has disabled reputation
You should definitely get them; you'll never know if you like them unless you have used them. I bought them and didn't use them until about a month after I got them, but once I did I really liked the challenge of an army of 3 against armies of much greater numbers. If you use all of the gladiators and utilize Spartacus' Gladiator Inspiration you have 3 figs with Attack 6 and Defense 4, not counting any glyphs or height advantages. I now use them frequently for 400pt melee games against my sons (and they hate it).

As for the Nakita Agents, their Smoke Powder has saved many of my figs from certain death, add the Gorillanators, Laglor and Major Q9 and you have a pretty nice 500pt ranged army.

Well, that's my two cents . . .

"What it was could not be seen: it was like a great shadow, in the middle of which was a dark form, of man-shape, maybe, yet greater; and a power and terror seemed to be in it and to go before it."
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:08 PM

Bruzer has disabled reputation
If the Nakita Agents are so great, why do we see so many of them on the shelves? Some people must not be buying them (myself included).

I didn't know their power until reading the posts The smoke screen seems pretty cool, but can someone explain why there are so many on the shelves?

I am the kind of guy who stands in the longest line at the food court, because whatever that place is, they must sell the best food. That may not be the wisest strategy but it has worked thus far.
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzer
If the Nakita Agents are so great, why do we see so many of them on the shelves? Some people must not be buying them (myself included).

I didn't know their power until reading the posts The smoke screen seems pretty cool, but can someone explain why there are so many on the shelves?

I am the kind of guy who stands in the longest line at the food court, because whatever that place is, they must sell the best food. That may not be the wisest strategy but it has worked thus far.
Because their sculpts aren't the best in the world...especially when appealing to 8 to 12 year old boys (target demographic)...you can't tell their stats/game value from the package.

They are also unique; unique units never sell as well as commons (most people only want/need one pack of the uniques, but multiples of the commons).
Old January 24th, 2007, 02:01 PM

Darhelm has disabled reputation
Crixus and Retiarus rock!!!!!!! i use both reguarly. my play group mocks retiarus, but, they fear him

Like stated before, never trust a figures sculpt to determine how good they are. Quite a few ugly sculpts have rockin' power. i would recommend this pack, (and hopefully, they'll soon be gone so we can have wave 6!! yay!! but until then, housemouse must supply our w.6 needs.....)

Darhelm is paralyzed Saylind in the
Albescent Cave
Old January 24th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I agree, I dont use the gladiators all the time and a full team of nothing but them gets overrun, but the Nakita's kick some major booty. They are really powerful and are my choice to protect the bigger more powerful pieces like Q9 or Jotun.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old January 24th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Nakitas and Crixus are A-list units that I use regularly. The pack is worth it just for those two. I don't really use Retarius and Spartacus though.
Old January 25th, 2007, 12:05 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Crixus is a beast. I have seen him take down Charos without breaking a sweat. While the other two are a bit overcosted this guy makes up for it. Easily.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:13 AM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Can you say "Crixus?" He is my friends worst nightmare, with his one sheild defense it takes forever to kill him, and he has 5 attack! Retiarius can trip people and make them have 1 def.. and Spartacus has 6 attack and gladiator inspiration! They're all very good.
Old January 25th, 2007, 03:29 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
Nikitas are worth buying

I'm in a similar spot with VW. I flat out don't want it. But I am a begruged completionist so when there's nothing else to buy, I'll have no other choice but to pony up the dough.

I bought Gladiator & Agents strictly for the Nakitas, and I think they were the 1st wave 5 I got. Mainly I got them for my wife. I think women like playing with female figures. If you play with GFs or wives, they'd probably like have Nakitas as an option. Besides, both of us love agents, so they go well in the armies we tend to draft. The Nakitas make the pack worth it.

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old January 25th, 2007, 04:49 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
crixus and nakita are pretty good. retiarus is okay. And as for sparacus, only time will tell.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units