Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 29th, 2007, 10:19 PM

Siran Dunmorgan has disabled reputation
Einar's theme is of disciplined warrior cultures, not specifically of "Greeks", "Romans" or "Samurai."

My personal expectation is that Einar's two-space figures will be of cavalry of some kind, most probably mounted samurai.

It is interesting to speculate that they might be other cavalry units noted for their discipline and camaraderie. Some have suggested Sioux or Cheyenne warbands, or Napoleonic hussars in this context, but I think not: while these are all capable warrior cultures, they all have a tendency to individual action and battle frenzy more in keeping with Ullar's visions than with Einar's.

On that note, recall that the Valkyries do not choose the units they will summon to Valhalla: the visions they receive from the wellsprings show what they will, and modern Kyries do not comprehend the motives of the Wellspring Builder culture.

Ultimately, of course, the decision lies in the hands of Hasbro's HeroScape team. It is possible—likely, on second thought—that the Knights Templar of Fields of Valor (Wave 7) will include two-space Einar-allied units.

—SD

Hic est qui sumus
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:54 PM

Punisher_fan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Something like the 4 generals from TMNT? I really think that something like this (or the mounted Samurai...) pulled from Chinese/Japanese folklore would be the best way for Einar to get a large figure.

Again, with the mounted troops Einar could remain ethnocentric...or would that be speciocentric.
I don't know, I haven't seen TMNT. After thinking some more on it, maybe something like the Terracotta warriors perhaps? Only larger than life-sized. Living guardian statues maybe?

C is for Cookie. That's good enough for me.
Old March 30th, 2007, 01:50 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Or maybe some kind of blue hedgehog... one that runs really really fast.

Yeah.
Old March 30th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_fan
After thinking some more on it, maybe something like the Terracotta warriors perhaps? Only larger than life-sized. Living guardian statues maybe?
That might be okay, but the first thing you know, after guardian statues, is that someone will want a horde of garden gnomes.
Old March 30th, 2007, 10:46 AM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
After thinking some more on it, maybe something like the Terracotta warriors perhaps? Only larger than life-sized. Living guardian statues maybe?
That might be okay, but the first thing you know, after guardian statues, is that someone will want a horde of garden gnomes.
Which will be coming out as soon as the creators run out of ideas...Like wave thirty.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old March 30th, 2007, 01:57 PM

dracothehalfdragon has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargarith
I would make a stupid joke about how Veye-dahr is basically Vader, and he needs Stormtrooper, which would actually fit, but I decided it'd be too stupid... But yes, Einar needs large units. I like the idea of terracotta warriors, and wold be pleased to see them in Wave 8, along with an asian dragon in the next large pack.
if vydar gets stormtroopers then give jandar han solo and the jedi order to einar <stormies han>

No more giant sigs
Old March 30th, 2007, 02:02 PM

dracothehalfdragon has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Quote:
You know, lots of folks want a Chinese type dragon for Einar but a thought in a different direction crossed my mind the other day. I would like to see Einar draft a unit of animated samurai armor. Something along the line of Krug size-wise. Perhaps the black lacquered armor of a mythical giant.
Something like the 4 generals from TMNT? I really think that something like this (or the mounted Samurai...) pulled from Chinese/Japanese folklore would be the best way for Einar to get a large figure.

Again, with the mounted troops Einar could remain ethnocentric...or would that be speciocentric.
dude, if the generals were summoned by einar, that would explain the portal at the end of the movie. (sorry for those who havent seen it)

No more giant sigs
Old March 31st, 2007, 11:06 PM

bigeddie1018 has disabled reputation
What about a Minuteman riding a horse for Jandar. That would be a good idea. Kind of like George Washington
Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:30 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
That had me rolling, in laughter, on the carpay.
New emoticon-- :rocl: --rolling on the carpay laughing, or Rev on the carpay laughing. Seriously, we need an emoticon of Rev rolling on the carpay...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:07 AM

Lord Obugad is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Einar Large Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by daonlyasianjew77
After review....Einar has NO large units, not one double spaced figure. I was thinking that there should perhaps be either a Chineese Dragon or like a War Elephant. I created a custom Elephant but its not nearly as nice as the Hasbro created figures.

What are your thoughts on the Einar Lack of Large Figures??
I think your suggestion of a Chinese Dragon won't and shouldn't come into play for Einar. He has never summoned ANY Chinese characters, the only Chinese ones so far are the Shaolin Monks who were summoned by Ullar. Now Ullar might get more Chinese characters to go with the monks, but Einer would have to get something else instead.

"For as long as the trees in the great forest of Gadon still stand, and for as long as the high mountains of Obu still overlook the sea I shall remain... How will you be remembered?" --- Vekio Obugad
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
YEAH...like a "Japanese" dragon...
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:44 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Einar Large Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Obugad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daonlyasianjew77
After review....Einar has NO large units, not one double spaced figure. I was thinking that there should perhaps be either a Chineese Dragon or like a War Elephant. I created a custom Elephant but its not nearly as nice as the Hasbro created figures.

What are your thoughts on the Einar Lack of Large Figures??
I think your suggestion of a Chinese Dragon won't and shouldn't come into play for Einar. He has never summoned ANY Chinese characters, the only Chinese ones so far are the Shaolin Monks who were summoned by Ullar. Now Ullar might get more Chinese characters to go with the monks, but Einer would have to get something else instead.
So by that logic, no one will ever get any dwarves, Einar will never have a dragon, Vydar will never have any Kyire, etc, etc, just because they haven't gotten any yet?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units