Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 16th, 2008, 06:50 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ground Hog Shootout - February 2

Ground Hog Shootout

Place: Our house – Forest City, IA

Date: February 2, 2008 ( Ground Hog Day )

Sign in: 10:00 – 10:25 AM approximatly or when ever you get here
Start 1st round: 10:30 AM or so (no time constraints on this one )

Entry fee: $0

Format: changed to - RoundRobin, 1-hour time limit per round (5 rounds )

Point Army: 500 points + your age (example if you are 26 years old your army point limit would be 526 )

Maps – Marr Hwy, Desolate Pools, Swamp Treasure

TTO Rule: - Any figure adjacent to a tree may roll an additional defense die when being attacked by a non-adjacent figure. ( What did you expect after all your playing in " Forest City home of the Tree Town Open ")

Tournament Director: Jormi_Boced

Questions:
-Please e-mail me at heroscaperdad@yahoo.com .

Prizes:
1 squad of commons (winner get first pick and then on down the line )

Attendees:

1. Supergeek *
2. Spider Poison *
3. Momo (the monkey) *
4. Jormi Boced *
5. Heroscapediva*(alternate)
6. Codeman *
7. David Jordal

* Original attendees of the first Tree Town Open

I thought we could have a “little” get-to-gather of the original 8 TTO entrants however two cannot make it and I have been sending out invites (to some of our early tournament goes) to fill the final spot. We will most likely have some lunch items ( snacks for sure ). See everyone in about week and half.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
I look forward to doing better than in the original.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:05 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek
I look forward to doing better than in the original.
If you play it out right ... there may also be a few pieces of terrian on the prize table as well . Sorry .. we never forget, I know you haven't picked up terrian at the last several tournaments, but those first two or three got you the reputation you have today.

I'm looking forward to a smaller and more casual venue again... not so much to do just sit back and have fun playing 3 or 4 games. This is also nice as this is basically the core group of people who help put the current TTO on.

What? No comment about the army point values? I was expecting to get some static about that .

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Heh, I don't mind the "terrain grabber" stigma. Even though I don't go for it as much. Too bad there won't be a lexan water mat on the prize table this time. That is a piece of terrain that I have been eyeballing at a few tournies.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Are you having it 0 dollars, or 5 too pay for the packs?
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
"O" is correct, I think I can spring for the booster packs.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:09 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Quote:
Well I will be bringing you a birthday present at least. What is it going to be 65?
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well I will be bringing you a birthday present at least. What is it going to be 65?
Sounds good .. that means I get a 565 point army!

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old January 17th, 2008, 04:49 AM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks for putting this on, Codeman. I'm looking forward to getting back together with some of the original TTO crew.

And personally, I like the whole age thing. I'm still debating on how I should spend the last 2 points, but hopefully I can think of something. :P
Old January 17th, 2008, 08:17 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ground Hog Shootout - February 2

Quote:
Maps – ... if not those I will have some Swarm of the Marro made up using 1 ˝ MS… we can do some play testing and see which Marro map may be best to use for the March 15 Austin tourney.
I have created a thread of SotM/Marvel maps, which may come in handy if you are looking for a map. If you end up designing a new SotM map that fits the parameters, please post it so I can add it to the display. Thanks (and sorry for the intrusion).
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison
Thanks for putting this on, Codeman. I'm looking forward to getting back together with some of the original TTO crew.

And personally, I like the whole age thing. I'm still debating on how I should spend the last 2 points, but hopefully I can think of something. :P
Yea I thought the age bonus may help equal out the field ... poor Momo he will have to use all his skills on this one. Heroscape Diva thinks underage girls should have a different point rule..... may have to give the youngest player the most points.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:22 PM

Re: Ground Hog Shootout - February 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
Quote:
Maps – ... if not those I will have some Swarm of the Marro made up using 1 ˝ MS… we can do some play testing and see which Marro map may be best to use for the March 15 Austin tourney.
I have created a thread of SotM/Marvel maps, which may come in handy if you are looking for a map. If you end up designing a new SotM map that fits the parameters, please post it so I can add it to the display. Thanks (and sorry for the intrusion).
No intrusion at all ... it is an open thread, thank you for thoughts... I will check out your maps... who knows maybe we will find something.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events