Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 30th, 2014, 10:24 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: RiSkape: HeroScape / Risk mashup

Responses in red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Wow, we're getting some traction here!

On the movements: I think the lakes are impassable. (There are just not enough boats to ferry your army across?) It makes the map a bit more interesting I think. My rule of thumb is that a territory should have 3 to 5 borders, and if you can ferry across the lakes Upper Bleakewoode would have 8. I always thought that Laur and Nastralund would connect to the Tundra, I will add waterways to the next version of the map. I guess I will add Braunglayde --> Kinsland and Braunglayde --> Crumland as well for clarity. And Nastralund to Ekstrom. I think Volcarren to Anund should be a path, but not to Ekstrom. I could be convinced otherwise.
I think you could do without the Braunglayde ones. And I agree Volcarren to Kinsland should be a no go (as Volcarren has 4 territories to it already.

I agree that with fewer players, each player should get more starting tokens. (Maybe 2 for each neutral homeland on the board?) I'm not sure why you would adjust it based on who the general is -- why would Utgar get more?
I'm thinking that in a 8-player game, Utgar is within 3 spaces of all the generals (whereas Jandar is within just 3) and adjacent to 3 of them (Jandar is adjacent to just 1). So if Vydar, Einar, and Valkrill decide to just attack Utgar right away, Utgar's outnumbered 1:3 Army Tokens.

Last edited by Sheep; July 30th, 2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old July 30th, 2014, 10:41 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

this is awesome. Good job. I can see starting Utgar with more in a game like that, maybe it could read somewhere along the lines of:

"For each adjacent, unfriendly occupied homeland a player gets X extra army tokens at the start of the game. A player only gets this bonus if at least two unfriendly occupied homelands are adjacent to his/hers."

Not sure how much X would be but I was thinking 2-4.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 30th, 2014, 11:08 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
this is awesome. Good job. I can see starting Utgar with more in a game like that, maybe it could read somewhere along the lines of:

"For each adjacent, unfriendly occupied homeland a player gets X extra army tokens at the start of the game. A player only gets this bonus if at least two unfriendly occupied homelands are adjacent to his/hers."

Not sure how much X would be but I was thinking 2-4.
Thanks! And yeah, something like that would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number of Total Adjacent Territories/Adjacent Homelands
Anund*: 6/2
Bleakewoode*: 6/3
Upper Bleakewoode: 5/2
Aunstrom: 5/2
Thaelenk Tundra: 4/1
Jutanguard: 4/0
Ekstrom*: 4/2
Crumland: 4/1
Lindesfarme*: 4/2
Braunglayde*: 4/2
Volcarren: 4/2
Haukeland: 3/2
Nastralund*: 3/1
Laur: 3/1
Elswin: 3/0
Ostrivick: 3/2
Athenoek: 3/2
Kinsland: 3/2
Ticalla Jungle*: 3/1
Quilato Mountain*: 2/1

*Homelands

Last edited by Sheep; July 30th, 2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old July 30th, 2014, 11:22 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks good!

Quote:
Athenoek: 2/1(?) am I wrong? that never happens
Quilato Mountain*: 4/2 you must have missed that line I guess

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 30th, 2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Looks good!

Quote:
Wrong for Athenoek (Crumland, Braunglayde, and Quilato Mountain). Right for Quilato Mountain.
Old July 30th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I finally got a computer to use paint.net and upload the new map.
Just little changes from my original map. The bridge to Jandar's Cattle is erased, also I filled a black hole at the middle down of the image, and I added Felspar.
So, here is the new map.

Also, I just discovered at HeroScape Wiki the homeland of Utgar (as it was the original question of this thread ^^). It is written here, "Beside Elswin is Jutanguard, Utgar's kingdom."...

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old July 30th, 2014, 02:58 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

OK so I see what you're getting at here. I'm not entirely sure it will be an issue -- with a decent castle map, Utgar would have an advantage on his home turf, so if he were attacked right away it could be suicidal for one of the other three, since they must attack with a Heroscape battle. But the way Dr. G's rule is written is good and would help offset the disadvantage of a player who starts surrounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Responses in red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Wow, we're getting some traction here!

I agree that with fewer players, each player should get more starting tokens. (Maybe 2 for each neutral homeland on the board?) I'm not sure why you would adjust it based on who the general is -- why would Utgar get more?
I'm thinking that in a 8-player game, Utgar is within 3 spaces of all the generals (whereas Jandar is within just 3) and adjacent to 3 of them (Jandar is adjacent to just 1). So if Vydar, Einar, and Valkrill decide to just attack Utgar right away, Utgar's outnumbered 1:3 Army Tokens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
I finally got a computer to use paint.net and upload the new map.
Just little changes from my original map. The bridge to Jandar's Cattle is erased, also I filled a black hole at the middle down of the image, and I added Felspar.
So, here is the new map.

Also, I just discovered at HeroScape Wiki the homeland of Utgar (as it was the original question of this thread ^^). It is written here, "Beside Elswin is Jutanguard, Utgar's kingdom."...
DL, that looks great!!! (I think though that it is "Feldspar"?)

I also saw that note on the wiki, but I don't really trust the information there too much, and I couldn't find that fact anywhere else (like Thormun's Journal.) Any votes to move him up north? I sort of like Utgar where he is (close to Valkrill and Marr to get an early alliance going).

Last edited by IshMEL; July 30th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old July 30th, 2014, 08:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I could even see going to far as creating some 'official' maps for each territory. Have a couple of options (some repeated from other similar territories) and the attacker pick the map and the defender picks which start zone they want. Then you could make some areas harder or easier to defend based on the non-mirror maps and the units each side has access too.
Old July 30th, 2014, 08:40 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I could even see going to far as creating some 'official' maps for each territory. Have a couple of options (some repeated from other similar territories) and the attacker pick the map and the defender picks which start zone they want. Then you could make some areas harder or easier to defend based on the non-mirror maps and the units each side has access too.
Gee, that is a good idea!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 30th, 2014, 08:54 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Looks good!

Quote:
Wrong for Athenoek (Crumland, Braunglayde, and Quilato Mountain). Right for Quilato Mountain.
Well, my bad I guess...

Utgar's homeland moving is a tough topic. That is a pretty unofficial source.

Also, moving his homeland to there would almost completely reverse the problem, making Utgar the only general who doesn't start with an adjacent homeland... Making Ullar the one with the poor placement.

Also the Alliance would be tough, but perhaps the non-adjacent starting compensates for that. However it doesn't help at all in a two player game...

I would probably vote for keeping the start the same (for the sake of mechanics), unless an official source is found.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 31st, 2014, 05:45 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, I put up a new version of the rules incorporating some recent ideas proposed here, and clarifying a few things (like partial card scoring for determining how many points a victor has left at the end of a battle.) There's also a variant for playing to a number of rounds, instead of to Last Man Standing, if that's what you want to do.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on the changes. I'm working on the new, improved, bigger map.
Old August 14th, 2014, 02:27 PM

OK so the new map is up! It's saved here as a PDF (1.2 M) and here as a PNG (10.6 M!). The image is sized for printing on 11 x 17 paper. Let me know if you want a different size for printing. The only changes are that I added explicit waterways from Volcarren>Anund, Lindesfarme>Braunglayde, Nastralund>Ekstrom, and the two northern territories to the Tundra. I also got fancy with the long waterways, my first time trying to use the curve function in Photoshop to make them smoother.

Thanks again to @DanieLoche for the new map.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion