Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old May 31st, 2010, 07:01 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker
New 9/1! Frylock's Pictured Predict the Victor Reports

Whenever our schedules allow, Wonderball68 and I like to get together for a lively game of Heroscape. We roll a 20D to determine the point total (usually between 505-600). Then we build our armies without knowledge of each other's. We usually build our own maps, but many of them emulate those of the esteemed BoV, and we both agree they are fair.

You know the drill: we'll post pictures of the map and tell you the armies, and you post who you think will win. Once enough people have posted, I will reveal all in a pictured battle report.

Let's get started, shall we?

The 20D told us to build 570 pt armies. This battle was played on a dungeon map with a random glyph in the middle:

Frylock's army

Fyorlag Spiders x5 (note that I proxied one squad with wolves)
Wyvern x1
Sujoah
Estivara

Wonderball68's army

Minions x3
Airborne Elite
Torin*
Isamu (much to the dismay of Frylock)

*Wonderball68 would like to stress the fact that our armies are chosen without any knowledge of the other army. He expected my army to include some range. Too bad for him!

Pre-Battle Thoughts

Frylock: If WB68 gets a first round drop, my spiders could be toast. I'm also not sure my 2 attack spiders can get through the Minion's defense.

Wonderball68: I was sure Frylock would draft some range! Torin's just a lump! I sure hope the Minions can stay alive.

Alrighty, now it's your turn. Post who you think will win. When we play the battle, we'll post the pics and the result.

Last edited by Frylock; September 1st, 2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old May 31st, 2010, 07:34 PM

Kutless Woo who?
Re: Frylock's Pictured Predict the Victor Battle Reports

I'll Vote for Wonderball68.
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:07 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Gotta be the minions.

I vote Wonderball.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:22 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going with Wonderball here. Sorry Frylock, but he only has a 120 point figure whose offense-based ability works on 280 points, as opposed to your 185-point figure whose offensive ability only works on 120 points.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:50 PM

Krizo is surprisingly tart

Wonderball.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:43 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

All right everyone, the battle has been played! It will be a day or two before Frylock gets all the photos and report ready, so it's not too late to predict the victor. Good luck!

~WB68
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:58 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll guess Wonderball, just like everyone else.
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going to guess Wonderball as well. The minions will be tough to take down, and will do serious damage Frylock's army. Sujoah has no real target for Poison (ok Torin, but he shouldn't factor into this match at all). And as pointed out, the Airborne's grenades could wreck Frylock's start zone. So yeah, Wonderball.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

6 votes for Wonderball68, and none for me. Looks like I'm the underdog here.

Ok folks, here we go.

Spoiler Alert!

Our next battle is 510 pts. We will play on this forest map with no glyphs:

Frylock's army

10th Reg x4
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Brunak

Wonderball68's army

Braxas
Greenscales x3
Rats x3

Post who you think will win.

Note: I realize this report seemed a little scattered, but no worries. For this next battle, we will be recording more information, like initiative and stuff like that. Hope you enjoyed it!

Double Note: Let me know whether or not I should use the flash. I switched to it about half way through because the room we play in is kind of dark. Thanks!

Last edited by Frylock; July 2nd, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good report Frylock, keep em coming.

I think Wonderball made a mistake with his Airborne (a mistake most of us make) in moving them too close with their drop. He could have kept them out of the striking range of the spiders, and still afforded to not win initiative on the first round.

This next match is tough, but I think I'll back the redcoats. Could be a slaughter in either direction though.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:04 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Good report Frylock, keep em coming.

I think Wonderball made a mistake with his Airborne (a mistake most of us make) in moving them too close with their drop. He could have kept them out of the striking range of the spiders, and still afforded to not win initiative on the first round.
I wouldn't call it a mistake... I knew the risks. I did place them a little close because I was trying for grenades. Also, I did manage to keep two of them out of the spiders' grasp... They just whiffed on their attacks!

Oh well

Thanks for the support and continue predicting everybody; We are going to play the next battle tomorrow afternoon!
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Battle Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderball68 View Post
I wouldn't call it a mistake... I knew the risks.
Well, we only call them mistakes when they don't pay off, heh.
I wasn't implying that it was unintentional, just that it was one of the reasons you lost.
Good game though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports